ASQ Observations-Play the game

22 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

I was at an unnamed disco on Saturday. Extremely crowded, temperature taken on arrival and phone number of my girlfriend. Inside apart from the staff nobody wearing masks! Social Distancing a complete joke with people dancing and kissing. Disco probably provides a very large brown envelope. Left at 4AM. 

Are discos allowed to operate at the moment?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:07 AM, ChalongDobie said:

I have observed multiple persons blatantly ignoring the rules and it is really disappointing to see such a lack of respect.

Maybe they are medical tourists here for a lobotomy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deli said:

It's called life without paranoia

You do not say where you are, but if in Bangkok please stay there. We have enough of your kind traveling up here. Thankfully some are killing themselves on the road that are not straight.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Wow...that's disconcerting.  There should be a "penalty system". Break protocols, and the 14-day clock resets...at YOUR cost.  They could make it a 3-strikes rule, after 3rd violation you start back at day 1 again.

Singapore figured a way of convincing people...

Singapore charged a couple from China last month under the Infectious Diseases Act for providing false information and obstructing coronavirus contact tracing. Anyone convicted for a first offense under the act can be fined as much as S$10,000 ($7,000) and jailed for as long as six months.

SG is also implementing gps bracelet for those the meeting the requirements to quarantine at their home. Once to their residence 

the bracelet is activated .. removing or disabling can face the above

conse...

• Like 1

Way up here in the North of Thailand about 50% of people have masks with about 50% of those wearing them around their chins. No social distancing at all. Masks are only worn where they are required, like at the mall and big department stores. Local markets and shops have pretty much dropped the whole mask, social distancing thing. Just got back from a trip to Hua Hin and Pattaya and far more mask wearing going on there but really no social distancing. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 6:51 PM, mbenson said:

I am sitting here in the States waiting for tourists to be allowed to enter again - probably stuck until there is a vaccine. I love Thailand (people, culture, language) and am very disappointed that it will be a long while until I can return.

I find it to be really disturbing that people with privilege to return are arrogant and disrespectful of Thai regulations. Sure, the efficacy of some regulations is debatable, but really that is not up to a guest to determine. 

These people are clearly taking their presence in the Kingdom for grated. 

The very same attitude ppl  who demonstrate in EU cities. 

13 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

I was at an unnamed disco on Saturday. Extremely crowded, temperature taken on arrival and phone number of my girlfriend. Inside apart from the staff nobody wearing masks! Social Distancing a complete joke with people dancing and kissing. Disco probably provides a very large brown envelope. Left at 4AM. 

I take it you enjoy Russian roulette & eating hospital food. 

You really need to give yourself a shake buddy. 

On 8/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Wow...that's disconcerting.  There should be a "penalty system". Break protocols, and the 14-day clock resets...at YOUR cost.  They could make it a 3-strikes rule, after 3rd violation you start back at day 1 again.

Or more simply the hotel refuses recreation facilities to those who break the rules required, ie not wear a mask in the gym.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Well, you really are very brave. If everything you described were true, I would have turned around and walked out without taking a single breath. I suppose I must be a coward...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, runamok27 said:

Way up here in the North of Thailand about 50% of people have masks with about 50% of those wearing them around their chins. No social distancing at all. Masks are only worn where they are required, like at the mall and big department stores. Local markets and shops have pretty much dropped the whole mask, social distancing thing. Just got back from a trip to Hua Hin and Pattaya and far more mask wearing going on there but really no social distancing. 

Same here in the North East.  Virtually no-one wearing masks or practising social distancing even in the market or shops.  In fact my wife and I get laughed at and ridiculed for wearing a mask.  In the nearest town only some, approx 10% wear masks.  The table at the entrance to 7/11 and Tescos where they were checking your temp and give you gel has been abandoned for weeks.  Even the staff are not wearing masks anymore.

Annoys me when I hear the govt boasting low infection rates because of their hard work and that Thais are so disciplined.  

• Like 2