ASQ Observations-Play the game

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

Well, you really are very brave. If everything you described were true, I would have turned around and walked out without taking a single breath. I suppose I must be a coward...

It is a sign of the times that (with Covid-19 either eliminated or extremely rare in Thailand) behaviour that a year ago would have been seen as normal in a Thai disco is now seen as reckless. There have always been some health risks in close social contact, but people used to see this as just part and parcel of living life. Now, we are all turning into Howard Hughes.

3 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

At day #12 of quarantine here, got my second test later today.

I have been quite worried by seeing so many people testing positive at day #12... Since my first negative test I also have the right to book 1 hour in the "gym", have my room cleaned. There seems to be quite some thai people in my ASQ, some with kids that seem allowed to run and play in the hall. Knowing that not all thai people get tested for covid before coming and that most positives at day #12 are said to "have been in contact with someone infected" (for me it means they got seated around someone that got positive early), I don't want to take any risk after all the hassle and cost to get ther.. I have refused to have my room cleaned (I can do it myself), and I have not gone out beside for the covid test (which was supposed to be taken in my room originally).

Crossing my fingers for this last test (well I was negative before flying, I was negative 1 week ago, have no fever and no symptom... I would be <deleted> to test positive) and I should be out on sunday.

Totally agree with you Mr Cat and as am 1 day behind you in being granted parole just trying best to mitigate risk and go home to loved ones. On a positive note here staff have been good at ordering extra items for room and food ok, cleaning ladies pleasant/efficient and have also used Grabmart to get some further items.There is no Alcohol allowed or fresh to order food from outside allowed under government guidelines. Am sure the staff are on a learning curve and will make improvements with ramp up of guests and lessons learnt. At end of the day am just super grateful to be allowed back in and genuinely feel for the many persons locked out.

Good luck with the final test Sir and safe travels.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is a sign of the times that (with Covid-19 either eliminated or extremely rare in Thailand) behaviour that a year ago would have been seen as normal in a Thai disco is now seen as reckless. There have always been some health risks in close social contact, but people used to see this as just part and parcel of living life. Now, we are all turning into Howard Hughes.

The difference between catching a flu (or in another type of social contact, a dose of STD, for instance) and a potentially fatal virus is not just a part and parcel of living life, at least not in my book. Call me Howard Hughes, but I'd rather be careful than.... stiff?

... New cases, concert, foreign troops, spark virus surge...

35 minutes ago, hobobo said:

The difference between catching a flu (or in another type of social contact, a dose of STD, for instance) and a potentially fatal virus is not just a part and parcel of living life, at least not in my book. Call me Howard Hughes, but I'd rather be careful than.... stiff?

... New cases, concert, foreign troops, spark virus surge...

Diseases like viral meningitis (more often fatal, by far, than Covid-19 in younger people) have always been a potential risk in close social situations. I will become cautious about Covid-19 as soon as there is any evidence of community transmission. In fact, I expect a higher risk of Covid-19 in the future, even after vaccines become available. For the moment, I think people avoiding discos, specifically because of a tiny risk of Covid-19 infection are just being paranoid. 

Edited by BritTim