Expats sought to help Thailand’s tourism industry in its hour of need, end to dual pricing mooted

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Yuthasak said that the 1997 Asian financial crisis (that had its roots in Thailand) was a disaster for the banks.

Except it didn't really "have its roots in Thailand" but rather US bankers such as Soros speculating against the baht.

Never to be forgotten nor forgiven.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, lee b said:

I believe most of the stranded tourists are doing there job at keeping what is left open ( I am at least). They are still spending money here, and due to the fact the doors are still locked, its good that the government extended the amnesty.

Yes. I am spending money at restaurants and stores and markets here in CM. It is actually almost normal for me except the mask on at certain places. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes. I am spending money at restaurants and stores and markets here in CM. It is actually almost normal for me except the mask on at certain places. 

Exactly, I am am doing the same. This is only due to the fact I am trying to live as much a normal life as possible and carry on doing everything i did before the covid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Really? He is one of the more popular celebs and is always on TV and she popular and is his wife. Issan guy. Also they both have a tooth paste commercial on TV now as well so are regularly in yo face. They are currently really trending.

image.jpeg.06bbb84d47161c0990e6295b48046031.jpeg

But the key is, "really trending" with who? They may be famous with Thais but doubt many expats know who they are and if they do, they'd be a small minority.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Khun Yaaai said:

Except it didn't really "have its roots in Thailand" but rather US bankers such as Soros speculating against the baht.

Never to be forgotten nor forgiven.

Firstly Soros is not a banker and he’s Hungarian. He didn’t cause the collapse,just as he didn’t the UK crisis,he simply bet against the bull ???? that government officials were peddling at the time. He put his money where his mouth was and was correct. Apart from ALL that you’re spot on... ???? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DogNo1 said:

I think that the word "moot" has been misunderstood (or perhaps misused.). To moot means to cancel.  In other words, he is rejecting the proposal to end dual pricing.

yes, it was only in the following sentences that i knew what he meant.

at the top of the post box,  you can see

B I U x X try to uncheck the first x