Love is not Tourism: Petition lobbies Thai govt to allow unmarried couples to enter Thailand

webfact

None of my 3 marriage certificates are from Thailand as I met my wife outside of SE Asia, so can I be bothered with all the paper work from those banana sucking thicko’s at immigration? Simple NO...go away and canvas the Indians and Chinese... And for those up ‘North’ in Isaan, renewed vows.... 

Edited by fraggleRock

10 hours ago, johng said:

Isn't that against the law ? ( Beast loving) ????

I  have some standards, Ive told the dog that if  it  lets me know in writing at  least two  copies  signed and dated in blue  ink  only with a  signed  passport  copy I  will cease and desist.

12 hours ago, alyx said:

Good luck with that...not many countries do consider these couples. I see many hassles with that

Once the relationship is established, if it can be proven, what kind of visa will be issued ?

A crucial matter, which may upset some, the list includes gay couples as, they too, are not tourists but lovers.

555 and that is only the tip of the Iceberg

When farangs with families can't get back here the are very unlikely to let it men who have girlfriends who work in bars and have more than one boyfriend

• Haha 1

Just set up a fishbowl at Swampy so when you land us single fellows can make our selection pay the vat tax for the young lady and she will be ready for pickup after you get blown off from the IO stamping you in...

Hello Teelak   Welcome to Thailand...I go with you?   joop joop!   First have to visit family and sick buffalo...

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not sure if I should mention Nit or Noi in my application. Or maybe Lek? I love them all, an hour at a time.

Hey, Nit is my girlfriend (now). There's only one, right? (Not a joke, unfortunately, just lockdown reality.)

• Haha 1

At the beginning of March I was in Vietnam as a tourist. I had an evisa and a March 11 return flight paid for. Around the 8th or 9th I started getting nervous, but my return was coming right up so I decided not to try to make it sooner. All went OK, but then around the 25th (correct me if I'm wrong) Thailand closed off. With that experience, and reading the sad posts in this thread, I feel extremely lucky to be here, and doubly lucky to be where the virus is not spreading. Everything else in my life (including that it would be impractical and dangerous to travel to my beloved Italy or to CA where there's family) is just details. Good luck to those being kept away.

20 hours ago, Borzandy said:

My "girlfriends" are working in a bar, can I get a visa?

If you are supporting her you should be good. Not me, but a friend, supports a bunch of Isan families through his payments to his GFs. he should be golden to return.

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

If you are supporting her you should be good. Not me, but a friend, supports a bunch of Isan families through his payments to his GFs. he should be golden to return.

Perhaps they will come up with a 'Girlfriend Visa' (Non-Immigrant "GF"), with proof of monthly bank transfers of 65,000 baht...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2020 at 5:19 PM, SunsetT said:

Depends which country you are in. I get really annoyed at Facebook when Im in Thailand as it often opens in Thai. Also the tabs are in Thai so I dont know where to go to change the language!.....ggrrrrrrr!

Bottom Right side of screen on Win 10, click on the Thai letters and switch to ENG....well on mine, Facebook is on the log in page but login in Thai and it should switch to English, well on mine lol

Edited by Jiggo
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Bottom Right side of screen on Win 10, click on the Thai letters and switch to ENG....well on mine, Facebook is on the log in page but login in Thai and it should switch to English, well on mine lol

"Huaa, Huaa, Huaa!  Jus-like-that!"  ...????!

The jokes brought up here are bitter for those who are in an actual relationship with a Thai citizen and couldn't visit their partners for many months. Of course they would be able to prove the existence of their relationship beyond hookers or bar "girlfriends". It's just that there's no word of unmarried couples anywhere in requirements for entry to Thailand during Covid. Actually these people are hardly considered in general, e.g., in terms of getting visa. It's like Thai government aims to force them into marriage before they would get anything. Forcing marriage like that is certainly not the best idea, imo.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 6:38 PM, CorpusChristie said:
On 8/6/2020 at 5:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I think it perfectly reasonable to allow anyone with any tie at all to return, those in relationships, retirees, those who own condos or rent property.

Do you by any chance, fit into any of those categories ?

By any chance, do you know what Schadenfreude is? Are you taking enjoyment from the unnecessary suffering of others who are unable to return?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

A few weeks ago I returned to Thailand with the CoE approved based on ‘marriage to a Thai Citizen’ so I no longer have a dog in the race. 

I think it despicable that Retirees, those who own property or those who are in long term relationships cannot return. 

Yes, you have my sympathies , BUT , I really dont care 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

And yet there we are.

The French secretary to the Ministry of Tourism went on national TV yesterday and announced publicly in the upcoming weeks a new kind of "laissez passer" alike a visa can be applied through French embassies through the World (including Thailand of course).

If you are unmarried but yet have tangible evidences, receipts, proofs, pictures, etc that you are in a stable relationship with a foreigner (regardless of male or female), said foreigner is entitled to apply for a "laissez passer" document which will then allow you to be reunited with your stranded lover/partner.

Once the "laissez passer" document has been delivered all you have to do then is book a round trip flight and you are set, allowed to enter France and the schengen area.

No need for PCR tests, CoE, certificates of blah blah, flight reservations and ASQ or any other bull.

It was also hinted that soon this would be extended to ALL the European countries that are part of the European Union/schengen area.

Thailand has shown their shortcoming again.

TL;DR: You can now be reunited with your Thai girlfriend.

#LoveIsNotTourism

Edited by GigsGigs

8 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Anyone who is willing to do the quarantine should be allowed in. They do not pose any risk.

I know this is going to be somewhat unpopular amongst those who staunchly support quarantine, however, I think a 14 day quarantine is too much. 

A Pre-Flight Covid-19 test (negative) and another test on arrival with track and trace is sufficient.

The ‘returnee’ has to isolate / quarantine at a quarantine hotel (if he lives with others) or isolate at home (if he lives alone) until he is informed that his ‘arrival’ Covid-19 test is clear (i.e. 24 hr / 48 hrs). 

The same person then has to take a Covid-19 test after 12 days (just to be sure)

I know there are risk that some will have Covid-19 on the day 12 test, but those are very rare. The majority of risk has already been illuminated. 

This will allow more travel, more people to return to Thailand. It may even allow for tourists who agree to isolate for 2 days until their arrival Covid-19 test is proven to be clear. 

Any tourist who tests positive has to continue to isolate (perhaps travel insurance can cover this). 

At the moment the cure for Thailand is worse than the disease - the hit is too big. Something else needs to be looked at whereby the potential for transmission is minimised, yet incoming travel is permitted. 

With regards to transmission of a respiratory virus, nothing is risk free and Thailand can’t remain water tight for ever. I think the ’test on departure / arrivals’ + 48hr isolation approach is a viable one, with serious fines for those found breaking their agreement. 

• Like 2