Love is not Tourism: Petition lobbies Thai govt to allow unmarried couples to enter Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

Because of their obvious xenophobia?

I've been saying it for years, Thailand doesn't want foreigners anymore, they just want our money. If they could come up with a scheme where you land in Thailand, hand out all your credit card details, your holiday cash then turn around and board the same plane you just came in, they'd do it without any hesitation.

#LoveIsNotTourism

Edited by GigsGigs
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,
I want to understand your situation and that of many couples, official or not, parents or not.
Some Internet users are, let's say, a little mocking, perhaps awkwardly.
But, apart from not knowing when you are going to see your friend or your children again, to talk about your case, so look around you, worry about those who are currently in countries at war, the soldiers, for example, and who don't give a <deleted> about these hostile countries they didn't even know.
Do they know how long they will be away from their families, and when they will come back, if they come back.
You might want to stop looking at your belly button.

• Confused 1

As some comments describe language problem from the petition-website called by the link, I want to notice that I had no problems.

When I clicked on the link to sign the petition I got it in the right (German) language. As it showed my location information retrieved from my ip-adress I guess anyone who is in Thailand and wants to read the website should use a service (like VPN) that changes the ip-address to a place/country where you manage to read the language.

So if you use fore example a VPN-server in the UK i guess the website will be displayed in english.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, thailand49 said:

It is in Thai couldn't see where I could have it translated to English?

I had no problems.

When I clicked on the link to sign the petition I got it in the right (German) language. As it showed my location information retrieved from my ip-adress I guess anyone who is in Thailand and wants to read the website should use a service (like VPN) that changes the ip-address to a place/country where you manage to read the language.

So if you use fore example a VPN-server in the UK i guess the website will be displayed in english.

On 8/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, alyx said:

Good luck with that...not many countries do consider these couples. I see many hassles with that

Once the relationship is established, if it can be proven, what kind of visa will be issued ?

A crucial matter, which may upset some, the list includes gay couples as, they too, are not tourists but lovers.

555 and that is only the tip of the Iceberg

I  love my hamster?

On 8/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, thailand49 said:

It is in Thai couldn't see where I could have it translated to English?

I had no problems.

I'm pleased this topic has been somewhat light hearted, from my point of view those that attempt to push into Thailand on the claim that they should not be separated from their 'loved ones' might just need to take a look at how selfish that might appear to a Thai person who has endured lockdowns, masks, curfews, state of emergency, restricted inter province travel, track and tracing apps.

I miss being with those I love, but there will come a time when my arrival does not make them and all around them uncomfortable, until that time I will be patient, knowing they are relatively safe, back to school working and living a reasonably 'normal' lifestyle

Edited by 473geo
  • Sad 1