Investigation panel pushes for ‘Boss’ case to be reopened

webfact

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

New evidence, more BS, all they are trying to do is get themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves.

I am afraid they plan to make it look like they trie to make justice now and after some time when it is out of the public focus silently just "forget" it. But I hope they cannot do this anymore with the students waking up and wide spread internet and social media. May new times arrive.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

So the very very obvious question why wasn't he charged with having cocaine in his system right at the very start?

the Tests gave a false Pepsi reading instead 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

So the very very obvious question why wasn't he charged with having cocaine in his system right at the very start?

I think he was, but the statute of limitations on that expired after 5 years

There was only one charge that had a limitation till 2027

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53649421?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

Thailand's attorney general has ordered a new investigation into the heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune over the hit-and-run killing of a policeman.

Prosecutors said new evidence showed that Vorayuth Yoovidhaya was driving much faster than first believed and might have had cocaine in his system, allowing them to reopen the case.

It comes after previous charges were dropped last month, sparking outrage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

True of course, but if there was a 'trial by public discussion' of the unethical aspects of this case (and others) and that trial by public discussion forced the government/police/judiciary to become much more professional, much more balanced and push towards proper process and fair judgments maybe things might change..

But is the Thai public ready to become loud enough to start a 'trial by public discussion'?

No clear answer but I'm getting the feeling that the PM realizes that things can't continue like they have been and realizes that it's time to listen to the forward party, the students etc. 

But is there another 'player' pushing the PM?

Yes I completely agree lets hope but can't see the Old Dinosaurs listening to the Students especially not the Generals even today they have to prostrate to Teachers.
Yes but who?

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

New evidence, more BS, all they are trying to do is get themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves.

Yes, however the reality is that also put on open/public display, for all Thais and foreigners to see, their own inept, unprofessional and unethical ways.  The RTP should be shut down and replaced by a team of proven to be ethical army officers (and they do exist), and this team tasked with identifying the good cops and elevating them as appropriate to form a NEW RTP.

Not easy but this type of action has been taken before. Forty years ago the custome department of a nearby country was totally out of control, the government negotiated for a large team of customs people to come to xxxx for 10 years. The country totally closed their customs department and the new team moved in supported by police from their home county.  Police from the foreign country also formed a team to investigated alleged rogue local customs officers, and many were charged and jailed.

Meanwhile the nearby country started a new customs department, all previous members totally barred etc etc.

It worked. 

• Like 1

Previously, the speed of Vorayuth's Ferrari at the time of the accident was allegedly 80 kph (50 mph) but Prayut said, according to an expert opinion not previously included in the police report, the speed was closer to 170 kph (105 mph).

"This is new evidence according to the law."

Expert opinion is new evidence. 555

• Haha 1

Even if he somehow manages to wriggle out of the main charges, he should be done for missing eight (R) eight summonses. That indicates to me that this goit is convinced of his "above the law" standing. If you or I missed one summons, the police would be on us like a ton of bricks.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, greeneking said:

Investigate the initial investigation team to see if any show signs of unreasonable wealth gathered in the last 8 years.

Would absolutely never happen.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

No,,  it is not about new evidence

The price went up beause people complain..More people need to get paid off.

SO it might cost thefamily more than 20Million baht to  buy off the whole corrupt governemt, the judicial systen and much more police force

• Haha 1

I believe that over these last eight years, the family have known his movements and whereabouts.

Even if this case is reopened, we'll here the same words, 'where is Boss'?

And so it continues.

17 minutes ago, tonray said:

or a month as a monk after shaving his head...far more likely

bunch of <deleted>... it wil make the public happy, the price of innocence went way up

Welcom to thailand corrupt system..

I lije the part that they cannot find him,..Well it is easy just cancel his passport, he will come out of his hole like a hungry rat.

Are we so stupid to beleive that a jetsetter brat boy will live underground for that long..

I thin he is in thailand locked in a hotel with a harem of 20 girls ready for action (sex) ...just like somebody we know

That is what thai people understand MONEY AND SEX

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I thought the figure of 170kph was the one everyone has been quoting for years, not 80kph?

from a April 2017 article by Jonathan Head:

"The police believe from security camera videos, the distance the car travelled after the crash, and the injuries that instantly killed Sergeant-Major Wichian, that Mr Vorayuth must have been speeding, they estimate at around 170km/h (106mph) in an 80km/h zone. His lawyers have denied this."

so, the speed numbers are:

1) 170km/h initial police estimate

2) 80km/h revised/renegotiated estimate

3) 60km/h newly dead witness estimate

4) 170km/h back again, but this time it's an expert estimate

and round, and round, and round it goes

and where it goes nobody knows...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Not so sure of that. No way the government (army) will give the police a free ride particularly when it makes the government (army) look bad.

• Like 1