400,000 bahts Rules for Non O extension married

20 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

I also went there this morning, same visa, and the officer reminded us about the update. Since last year, they check again if you still have 400,000 (Chaengwattana BKK).

Ok thanks for the heads up!

Maybe I missed that one as she mainly speaking with my wife.

Maybe better to visit bank the day before or early morning before going all the way to Chaeng Wattana.

Edit: does anyone know what they check from the bank book when picking up the extension after 30 days consideration period. Just check that you have 400k balance or do they check that you have maintained balance over 400k since you applied?

I guess I could just deposit 400k to my old Bangkok Bank account today and then show them updated book when picking up the extension stamp.

Edited by Mattijok

Thanks all

Aside from the "lost in translation" there are always a few other issues here

1 Money ,whether legitimate fees or others is alwaya a factor

2 Those who implement the law Immigration do not mae laws nor issue visas externally that is MoFA

3 While the technology evolves the TM30 fiasco the clunky websites need improving

Finally DOUBLE BUBBLE issue I foresee

For those of us basically live full time here on whatever basis I foresee the poster stating renewals will all run from 27 Spetmebr creating a glut next 90 day reports in person and ever after plus if all of those on Non O multis like me are effectively left with no other practical  option than 400k method I have no grouse other than everyone regardless of covid will be renewing in lockstep forever? 

Perhaps I have misunderstood and as farangs are tiny minority of immigrants they don't care.

Finally I hope TAT can explain to MoFA and Immigration that they do not need to import risky new visitors there are lots of us here.We just need a legal way to stay, a "virtual" border bounce for a fee at immigration would solve issue for all non O multi visa holders, until neighbouring consuls and embassies are readily availbale and no quarantine on re entry.

While I may afford to stay pushing out family men who have no time to season funds or difficuty flying to USA for example at great risk and cost just to try and rejoin loved ones here.

I was surprised by both amnesties length so perhaps not necessarily rationality or compassion Immi Officers want as few contacts with anyone until the Covid over.

While I see no pressure for mandatory healh insurance vax for those who stay in it could be for those who leave and try to re enter next year.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
typos

• 4 weeks later...

Got my extension today and its until 26 September 2021 so starting from end of amnesty, not application date. 

Was asked to provide copy of bank book which I did. However having applied with Citibank account the officer questioned me why the change to BBL. Had latest statement print out from Citi and that was accepted without having to get stamps from the bank. 

Learned my lesson and next time will apply with BBL account having old fashioned bank book. The officer actually told me they are planning to introduce a list of acceptable banks meaning Citi, UOB and the likes without bank books will be no longer accepted if they go with it. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mattijok said:

Got my extension today and its until 26 September 2021 so starting from end of amnesty, not application date. 

Was asked to provide copy of bank book which I did. However having applied with Citibank account the officer questioned me why the change to BBL. Had latest statement print out from Citi and that was accepted without having to get stamps from the bank. 

Learned my lesson and next time will apply with BBL account having old fashioned bank book. The officer actually told me they are planning to introduce a list of acceptable banks meaning Citi, UOB and the likes without bank books will be no longer accepted if they go with it. 

Chaengwattana BKK this morning, same thing for me. Due to Covid-19, extension permitted until September 26, 2021 (instead of my usual August 8).

Arrived at 9:15; took one hour. Bank book updated when we arrived and copy made of the first page (your name) and last page (balance).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frequentatore said:

Chaengwattana BKK this morning, same thing for me. Due to Covid-19, extension permitted until September 26, 2021 (instead of my usual August 8).

I am still on the under consideration stamp for my application done last month.

I am wondering the office here will do it to September 26th of next year. I personally would prefer they didn't. After having my extensions due in August for 12 years it would be big change plus since I am using monthly transfers I am not sure how I would count the 12 months.

2 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Is the validity of the extension the date of issue or application?

I would ideally like issued in November like my present visa so I can apply each Autumn.

A extension of stay normally starts from the end of your current permit to stay.

Your visas expiration date means nothing after you enter the country since it is only the last day you can use it to enter the country.

• Thanks 1