With Valid B Visa, Can I Get a New "Entry" Stamp?

Greetings experts. I have searched the board for this specific question but have not found it. If it is addressed elsewhere, my apologies, and feel free to send a link to the discussion.

My issue: I have a Non-Imm B multiple entry visa, issued by the Thai Embassy in DC in the US. 90 days per entry. Visa expires September 4th. I last entered on March 13th, and have been able to stay on beyond June 12th during the amnesties. I'm grateful for that.

What I wonder is: Is there any way that I can get an "entry" stamp while within Thailand, as though I went outside the country and came back. That would give me another 90 days on a valid visa, during which time I can pursue either a new Non-Imm B as before (but without going back to the US and applying to the DC embassy), or a marriage visa (been married to a Thai since 1985). Logic might suggest this is sensible, since by not leaving I can't expose myself (and thus others) to Covid, and I would be happy to actually leave and come back, but that's virtually impossible at the moment, through no fault of my own. But logic doesn't rule.

Essentially, can I visit an immigration office with a valid visa and get the 90 days I would be entitled to for an "entry" that I certainly would do myself if the travel situation weren't so constricted?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

if you have 400k in your bank and all the paperwork you should get a marriage visa that way you can do 90 day reporting from what I understand. Seems easier to switch from one non-imm visa to another as opposed to a tourist visa to non-imm but still possible to do without leaving but I only know how through an agency.

10 minutes ago, jbob said:

Seems easier to switch from one non-imm visa to another as opposed to a tourist visa to non-imm but still possible to do without leaving

You can obtain non o marriage/retirement from a visa exempt or tourist visa

19 hours ago, jbob said:

if you have 400k in your bank and all the paperwork you should get a marriage visa that way you can do 90 day reporting from what I understand. Seems easier to switch from one non-imm visa to another as opposed to a tourist visa to non-imm but still possible to do without leaving but I only know how through an agency.

You can't switch to another visa, the solution is to apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage. Hopefully the local immigration office will accept it during the amnesty. 

• Like 1