Australian state to impose hefty fines to compel COVID-19 isolation

snoop1130

On 8/5/2020 at 4:07 PM, 4MyEgo said:

So the governments around the world should just say W-T-F, I think the majority of people have no problem adhering to the "draconean" ways we are or have been all locked up as sheep, see above post reply.

Only as long as the majority have a job and the taxes don't go up too much to pay off the gigantic loans that people's grandchildren will be paying for.

I'm not saying W_T_F; I'm saying Sweden got it right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, 4MyEgo said:

until they unlock the chains, we are in the same place we started out in the beginning.

Never going to happen, IMO. They now know that they can do anything they like and the "people" will accept it, and in many cases willingly accept it.

Makes me happy not to be around too much longer.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Lockdowns appear to work, i.e. if you don't let them out too early as was the case here.

They only work as long as the populace will accept them, or the people can be forced to comply. Eventually they have to end- permanent lockdown is impossible.

Every time the population that has no immunity is released it will start again, IMO, unless no one is allowed in from elsewhere. No border controls are 100% as proven in NZ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They only work as long as the populace will accept them, or the people can be forced to comply. Eventually they have to end- permanent lockdown is impossible.

Every time the population that has no immunity is released it will start again, IMO, unless no one is allowed in from elsewhere. No border controls are 100% as proven in NZ.

Just trying to think where they have worked as the pandemic isn't over yet so it appears to be to early to say if they have worked as they appear to just increase the unnecessary suffering of the populace.It appears to be a tragic experiment or even a gamble that doesn't appear to be paying off.As you mention the consequences will be bourn for a long time to come.That is the price payed for trusting those elected who selected which expert advice to heed.

• Thanks 2

On 8/7/2020 at 7:23 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Return of Virus After 102 Days Threatens New Zealand’s Recovery

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/return-virus-102-days-threatens-223401856.html

Panic buying breaks out in New Zealand after announcing 2nd lockdown

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panic-buying-breaks-zealand-announcing-200000039.html

On 8/5/2020 at 8:46 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Businesses affected, people affected, that's what happens in a pandemic situation

no, thats what happens when politicians try to be productive,

the only thing they accomplished is ruining the economy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

yes, most younger people show little or no effect at all,

and deaths are nearly exclusive rights for very old retirees

Screenshot (11).png

Yes most elderly people die now but the younger ones will have a lifelong problem with blood cloths in most organs and will die as well in a few  years. And they are passing on the virus now to the elderly.

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Yes most elderly people die now but the younger ones will have a lifelong problem with blood cloths in most organs and will die as well in a few  years. And they are passing on the virus now to the elderly.

that is just your imagination taking you for a ride

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 7:09 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Only as long as the majority have a job and the taxes don't go up too much to pay off the gigantic loans that people's grandchildren will be paying for.

I'm not saying W_T_F; I'm saying Sweden got it right.

GET THE SHOT OR GET OUT 

Schools and employers could ban people who refuse to get coronavirus vaccine, expert says

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1304774/schools-employers-ban-people-who-refuse-coronavirus-vaccine/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

4 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

GET THE SHOT OR GET OUT 

Schools and employers could ban people who refuse to get coronavirus vaccine, expert says

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1304774/schools-employers-ban-people-who-refuse-coronavirus-vaccine/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

Refraise that the should be banned

On 8/6/2020 at 2:03 AM, Tony125 said:

You say even if a viable vaccine(s) is developed how to innoculate 8 billion people. You

forget polio has been eradicated from the world as well as smallpox by vacs. Since this virus is easily spread and deadly the rich countries will make sure the poorer countries get it just to prevent thier countries(rich)   from being infected. First article shows what has been erridicated worlwide  2nd those that have been irradicated in US and many 1st world countries and can be done away with more money around the world.

1. What diseases have vaccines eradicated?

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/21/17588074/vaccines-diseases-wiped-out

2. Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

Did you know your child can get measles just by being in a room where a person with measles has been, even up to two hours after that person has left? Measles is very contagious

I almost forgot about measles until I came down with it while I was in Phuket. 

5 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

That's the first I have heard of anyone that is younger who gets it, has some kind of ongoing complications later in life. Can you provide a source or a link, just out of interest to read ?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

So it only affects the elderly ?

Screenshot_2020-08-13 Australia - number of COVID-19 cases by age and gender 2020 Statista.png

LOL. It can affect everyone, just like flu, but it only kills, in the vast majority of cases, the elderly with health problems.

For young people in a large number of cases the only reason they know they had the virus was because they had a blood test that showed they had antibodies to it. Such a lethal disease that many don't even know they have it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Where is your proof that many young people will have problems in future?

6 hours ago, Tony125 said:

GET THE SHOT OR GET OUT 

Could be right, if they ever produce a safe vaccine and have enough for all.

Anyway, I'm retired so doesn't affect me and the law in NZ says they can't force me to have an injection of any medication.

• Like 1