BANGKOK
snoop1130

Most Netflix shows are eminently skippable trash – and Netflix just admitted it

My Dad has Netflix back in the US.  Watched Breaking Bad and a handful of movies.  Most of the movies however were so bad that we turned them off before getting halfway through.  They were worse than the ABC after school specials I watched as a kid and most seemed to pander to one or another “special interest group”.   Many had the production quality of being filmed with a cheap video camera and the acting...well...they should keep their day jobs.  

Now, when I check an IMDB rating,  I skip the primary 8-10 star reviews and filter so I can read the one, two and three star reviews.  If those reviews are well written, that is the deciding factor and I give the movie a pass.

I-tunes is 1000x better than Netflix.

• Like 1

I am quite satisfied watching Blue Bloods.

Dark is fantastic. And Norsemen if you want an oddball Viking comedy.

• Like 1

I check Netflix about every three weeks and try something. rarely do I finish an episode. But it's not like there is anything better. In fact Netflix is probably the best... Hollywood is broken. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been scouring netflix's guts for something watchable, all this millenial junk is insufferable garbage. Trotsky was the last interesting find: https://www.netflix.com/th-en/title/81025391 . It's way too hard to search for stuff in there.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I've been scouring netflix's guts for something watchable, all this millenial junk is insufferable garbage. Trotsky was the last interesting find: https://www.netflix.com/th-en/title/81025391 . It's way too hard to search for stuff in there.

i've shared a netflix ID for a couple of months, have seen a few good shows and some old UK stuff; shameless, bottom, but the vast majority is pretty uninspiring, dull, uninteresting... loads of dramas about the drug trade. yawn.

certainly wouldn't pay for it myself, and frankly don't understand why people bang on about how great netflix is...

Netflix should focus on getting old flicks in more. The series content is being rushed. The one about serial killers and those two profiler detectives was great but massive wait for a 9 hour binge is unappealing.that navy street was mdly entertaining but Frank grillo is no leading man and certainly should not try to be Tony soprano.

Mark Kermode has a weird taste in movies and always calls a spade a spade. Are we allowed to say that nowadays?

• Haha 1