Jump to content
BANGKOK
bbabythai

Can 2 spotlights be wired from this?

Recommended Posts

The elec guys have finished doing the wiring. I am paying for 2 spotlights in each area. I noticed in the area depicted in the photo that there are only 2 wires (blue and white) and not 4 wires for the 2 intended spotlights. Can 2 spotlights be hooked up to these 2 wires only. I was suspicious because each downlight in the ceiling has the same 2 wires (ie they are allocated 2 wires for each light). 

 

Thanks

IMG_1417.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No problem, as long as you don’t need them individually switched, I have 14 lights on a single line and 42 on the neutral.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No problem, as long as you don’t need them individually switched, I have 14 lights on a single line and 42 on the neutral.

Yes, it might work. Neither safe nor recommended, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it might work. Neither safe nor recommended, though.

 

I'm assuming that the lights are on separate switches rather than separate breakers so it's not a borrowed neutral. 

 

No risk of a disconnected neutral becoming unexpectedly live if the breaker is off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

 

I'm assuming that the lights are on separate switches rather than separate breakers so it's not a borrowed neutral. 

 

No risk of a disconnected neutral becoming unexpectedly live if the breaker is off.

That´s right. If you only can trust it.

I am assuming that all electricity in Thailand have greater risk than normal, and almost never believe that anything is done the right way. 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s right. If you only can trust it.

 

Indeed.

 

I'm confident that we don't have any borrowed neutrals, I supervised the installation myself.

 

Unknown electrical system, main breaker off before mucking around. Even that isn't an absolute guarantee as many A/C and water heater installers hook on to the incoming cables if they are more convenient than the distribution board 😞 Voltstick / neon before fingers on every wire.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

 

Indeed.

 

I'm confident that we don't have any borrowed neutrals, I supervised the installation myself.

 

Unknown electrical system, main breaker off before mucking around. Even that isn't an absolute guarantee as many A/C and water heater installers hook on to the incoming cables if they are more convenient than the distribution board 😞 Voltstick / neon before fingers on every wire.

 

I know. 🙂 

Always do everything myself, even if they say we are not allowed to. Even totally re-wired the house of my wifes mother and father. That was an unfathomable mess. 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...