Cabinet approves new law to unlock medical cannabis industry

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, Jon in Colorado said:

I live in Colorado and was in first state to legalize it in 2010 - they have stated that the new taxes on it has already surpassed 1 billion dollars in state revenues in 10 years / will the Thai government use the money in a good way or not ??

Isn't it the case that in Canada the taxes were set at such a level (too high??) that it's still possible for illicit growers/suppliers to be viable/make money?

15 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I thought it was to the left hand side?I must have smoked too many bongs!Nah I could never smoke too many bongs from what I remember.Intensive baby sitting the hired help and excellent pay rewards for those that do it right would be a powerful incentive plus they are farmers I think one would really only require good genetic stock and loads of cow manure and a good broth and lots of water and an early start about one month after the shortest day to start the seedlings and the rest is just lots of tender loving care and Bob's you're uncle.Tonight I'll be dreaming of a green Christmas!

The problem in Thailand is the length of light and darkness ,almost the same year around12/12.

The  commercial strains not doing well outdoor in tropics,to many fungus and molds.

I do belive they are talking about CBD cannabis,hardly any psychoactive effect.

52 minutes ago, leosurin said:

The problem in Thailand is the length of light and darkness ,almost the same year around12/12.

The  commercial strains not doing well outdoor in tropics,to many fungus and molds.

I do belive they are talking about CBD cannabis,hardly any psychoactive effect.

I see your point and would add that here in the north there is a little more like 11/13 hours difference and also a few of the modern sativa strains which are not so dense and retain more of the mould resistance qualities but with the higher THC levels would definitely be worth a try.My best season was when we had over 2 meters of rain by Feb when everything was heading up nicely and completely flattened the crop but I staked and bound as much of the broken limbs  and it continued to rain till May and was our wettest season on record the plants bounced back and healed remarkably well,we did get some mouldy stuff when drying and curing and nearly tossed it but that stuff became the most requested and was similar to a lot of the Thai sticks around in the 70's and 80's.So I won't be deterred if allowed to grow legally.It will be interesting how they go about implementing the laws and how the hope to manage THC levels and how they will try to stop the Thais from going the free for all. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

47 minutes ago, tifino said:

Can't see the Farmers getting to Export it themselves? - more likely sent to a politburo silo in the back of a big green armoured truck convoy

The farmers might have to resort to slash and burn method of old.Armoured trucks made from hemp?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, YetAnother said:

you have to be kidding; that is 30 percent of the populace; you have just made it legal ; yeah ????; my dealers are now farmers ?? only in thailand

yes my dealers are farmers and I love to support them <3

3 hours ago, tifino said:

Can't see the Farmers getting to Export it themselves? - more likely sent to a politburo silo in the back of a big green armoured truck convoy

The commercial indoor grows look <deleted> poor from what I have seen(I mean all the pictures with Anutin in) ... long spindly untrained sh!te springs to mind. I know there is a black market and I've heard the potency maybe there or thereabouts, but the actual bud is not dense, not well trimmed, no curing and badly stored. I'd say in general, we are a long way from export quality.

19 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Not really as the smart ones will import quality seeds then use cheap labour from neighbours to grow then export premium quality,at least that's what I would do!Actually I would probably just order some seeds and grow my own for personal use I mean medication.There are also some nice looking modern Thai sativa varieties in the catalogues that I've seen which have attributes which might grow well in this climate.

A link to that catalogue?

8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

they've already got a world leading brand..

they just need to re-launch it:

Unknown-1.jpeg.7ee55f2f00158f05807cbab914da5e30.jpeg

Purchased many in the '70's. They never looked like that.

Those are recreations by someone who never saw the originals. They look like weed seekh kebabs..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Isn't it the case that in Canada the taxes were set at such a level (too high??) that it's still possible for illicit growers/suppliers to be viable/make money?

in ontario alone over 70% of the entire market is still controlled by the black market.

Edited by mr mr

3 minutes ago, mr mr said:

in ontario alone over 70% of the entire market is still controlled by the black market

I suppose it gives an answer to those who said "Let's just legalise it and tax it"?! Problem solved??

After saying that, and never really having been a user myself, the "war on drugs" has been an abject failure, I think a different approach is needed.

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

Purchased many in the '70's. They never looked like that.

Those are recreations by someone who never saw the originals. They look like weed seekh kebabs..

I think by the 80's they even ditched the stick altogether?

Not enough details in this news article. As so often in Thailand, the devil is in the fine print.

Also talked with some Thais familiar with this matter. They were talking about possible 1-2 years until the law comes into effect.