Oldest (age) active member on this forum

saakura

How nice! Since I joined here in 2006 I have seen so many posters "go silent". Probably because they simply have died.
Most of them having had "Thai-Families". But the Thai-Families do not find it necessary to post a short notice here "Member xxx has died".
Not knowing the password to enter TVF? Hardly. After looking over their shoulders for 10 years, the "Thai-Family" knows the Password(s) of the Farang.
Too much trouble, I guess. After all, he was just a Farang.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 7

Yeah, when i joined back in 2005 i wanted to to use the moniker Ezra but is was taken by someone eons ago and never to be heard from again, (unless i'm mistaken) and i wonder how many members from the very many of them, are actually still active on TVF...

Edited by ezzra

Australian scientists have determined that, according to our DNA, we are genetically pre-programmed to live until around 38 years of age.  However, in the modern era, average life expectancy in the Western world is around 70 years plus, although our DNA composition is largely unchanged over thousands of years.  

The Old Testament bible tells us that man shall live for three score years and ten, that is, until age 70.

However, Genesis in the same bible tells us that some of the ancients, Methuselah, for example, lived for hundreds of years (he lived until 969 years of age, so we are told). The Great Flood put paid to such longevity, it is claimed, a kind of a punishment by God.

Are we, therefore, somehow being cheated of a longer lifespan, for reasons unknown, or are those of us over 70 (I am 75) actually living on borrowed time, perhaps showing that we can beat the clock if we have above average genes and a reasonably healthy lifestyle?

Well done to our 90-year old member and keyboard warrior!

• Like 1

Some posts commenting on moderation have been removed:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Discussion of other members are not allowed either:

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

//Closed//