Visa Options?

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You usually have to apply for an Ed Visa from outside Thailand AFTER getting all the documents from within Thailand 

Sorry for hijacking this thread.  I am looking for this option as iam outside of Thailand and desperate to find a way in.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

It's illegal, because legally you need to go to a thai embassy outside Thailand. You pay the extra fee because that. I would like to know about schools where I can pay that extra fee for the ED visa within Thailand. As I said until now I only have the 36k "offer".

No, because of the Corona lock-down, you can now get all Ed Visas from within Thailand  , because no one can leave and come back

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

I got offered 18 K for 3 months in CM

What is CM?

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Every School that offers education visas 

I asked 6 schools and the replies were like those:

"Unless something has changed within the last week or so that I am unaware of, it's not possible to apply for an ED visa within Thailand. You'll be required to leave the country. However there may be alternative options within Pattaya, last I heard immigration were attempting to work something out in this province. You'd be best advised to consider this branch if at all possible. You could contact our school there once you're ready and they may be able to assist you."

"Thank you for your email, you can change inside Thailand to a student visa in Pattaya and then study in BKK. The cost to change in Pattaya for 6 months is 36000b. This is 18000b for the documents for the office, and 13000b for immigration to change inside, and then 5000b for 1 expansion for 90 days. 

You pay a deposit of 10000b, deductible off the 18000b to start the process. If you want  to study in BKK you must talk to them about the study cost. We would need to check your passport for the visa entry so if you could send me a copy of the first page and the visa page that would be helpful. 

If you are in BKK you can apply by email, or come to Pattaya and fill the forms out. "

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, because of the Corona lock-down, you can now get all Ed Visas from within Thailand  , because no one can leave and come back

"you can now get all Ed Visas from within Thailand"

I'm not sure that's correct. Where did you read that? 

6 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

What is CM?

I asked 6 schools and the replies were like those:

"Unless something has changed within the last week or so that I am unaware of, it's not possible to apply for an ED visa within Thailand. You'll be required to leave the country. However there may be alternative options within Pattaya, last I heard immigration were attempting to work something out in this province. You'd be best advised to consider this branch if at all possible. You could contact our school there once you're ready and they may be able to assist you."

"Thank you for your email, you can change inside Thailand to a student visa in Pattaya and then study in BKK. The cost to change in Pattaya for 6 months is 36000b. This is 18000b for the documents for the office, and 13000b for immigration to change inside, and then 5000b for 1 expansion for 90 days. 

You pay a deposit of 10000b, deductible off the 18000b to start the process. If you want  to study in BKK you must talk to them about the study cost. We would need to check your passport for the visa entry so if you could send me a copy of the first page and the visa page that would be helpful. 

If you are in BKK you can apply by email, or come to Pattaya and fill the forms out. "

CM is Chiang Mai. 36,000 baht for 6 months is not a legal visa and a robbery.

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

It's illegal, because legally you need to go to a thai embassy outside Thailand. You pay the extra fee because that. I would like to know about schools where I can pay that extra fee for the ED visa within Thailand. As I said until now I only have the 36k "offer".

Just because you pay extra doesn’t make it illegal.  I even read from one language school in Bangkok that said you can convert from visa exempt to an Ed visa yourself at the main Bangkok immigration office Without an extra fee.  I can’t remember which school now because I am not in bkk so I wasn’t that interested in it.

28 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Which schools? I asked 6 schools.

Chiang mai university.

pro language in Chiang mai or pattaya.

genius in Phuket.

1 hour ago, jonga80 said:

Ok, I don't want to start a new topic about the same.

I'm in tourist visa until the 26th of september, I need 3 more months of visa. I was thinking in the volunteer visa for 25k in Thai Visa Centre, today they were arrested. They offered me 6 months student visa for 36k, but is too expensive and I only need 3 months. I read something about medical visa.

I need help, if I want to stay until december, which is my best option?

By the way, I would study thai, starting now until december, I asked a lot of schools and nothing, only the option of 36k.

Just overstay. You guys have never crossed a land border? Every time there are hundreds of people going on the overstay lanes. IO couldn't care less, you pay and they stamp you out.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Just overstay. You guys have never crossed a land border? Every time there are hundreds of people going on the overstay lanes. IO couldn't care less, you pay and they stamp you out.

When overstay not +90 days and you aren't nabbed by police when on overstay, it is indeed an option.

Overstay penalties.png

I was just informed by a visa agent in BKK, that I (and therefore also you, I suppose) can convert any visa into a non-b and apply for a work permit in country as long as the sponsor is a major company, such as Siemens, GE, SCC, PTT, etc, etc...

4 minutes ago, Granit said:

I was just informed by a visa agent in BKK, that I (and therefore also you, I suppose) can convert any visa into a non-b and apply for a work permit in country as long as the sponsor is a major company, such as Siemens, GE, SCC, PTT, etc, etc...

"I was just informed by a visa agent"

Yes, there you have it, a Visa agent.

Do you think that "conversion" is free? What will it look like in the passport. 

12 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Those are not legal visas, don't you understand that? 

No. Spreading misinformation here.

It's all processed at immigration, extensions included. You go there alone or with your agent at a special office and drop your passport to the IO's. Takes 30 seconds, then you pick up your passport the following week at school.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sundown said:

No. Spreading misinformation here.

It's all processed at immigration, extensions included. You go there alone or with your agent at a special office and drop your passport to the IO's. Takes 30 seconds, then you pick up your passport the following week at school.

Yep, when I got my Ed visa, it involved a trip to immigration with a representative from my school.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are they converting TV and Exempt Permission of Stays into Non-Imm-O (ED) entries? Just perplexed by the mechanisms that are allowing this to happen.

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Are they converting TV and Exempt Permission of Stays into Non-Imm-O (ED) entries? 

For visa exempt and TV entries, you will be given a non-imm-o-Ed visa and it will be stamped from the date you arrived in the country.  So you can only stay for a maximum of one year from that date. 

This has always been allowed for students studying at formal schools—universities etc.  Before covid, immigration would not allow it for language schools for some unknown reason.

7 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Can I apply for an ED visa outside Thailand as someone trying to get into Thailand from overseas? 

Only if attending a formal school such as a university or international school.

1 minute ago, Phillip9 said:

For visa exempt and TV entries, you will be given a non-imm-o-Ed visa and it will be stamped from the date you arrived in the country.  So you can only stay for a maximum of one year from that date. 

This has always been allowed for students studying at formal schools—universities etc.  Before covid, immigration would not allow it for language schools for some unknown reason.

Well the reason I ask is that immigration at the borders are the only ones who usually stamp a permission of stay, domestic immigration issue Extensions to them, and can, under certain circumstances, change the Visa/ Permission of Stay type .... Previously, to get an ED, one used to always leave Thailand and get a visa at an Embassy or Consulate.

I tried looking this up on the immigration website but I think there is some construction going on there.

14 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Yep, when I got my Ed visa, it involved a trip to immigration with a representative from my school.

I think a rep from your school is more legit than this shady explanation: "You go there alone or with your agent at a special office."

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

I think a rep from your school is more legit than this shady explanation: "You go there alone or with your agent at a special office."

Most likely "rep from your school" is just a variation on the agent process.

5 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Wouldnt the new visa start when your current visa expires ?

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 2:38 AM, WhaleBomb said:

Any advice at all would be amazing, thank you guys you have always been a great help.

If I was you , I would get an Elite Visa and quite soon , thats if you really definitely want to stay in Thailand for the foreseeable future as I dont think that you would be able to stay in Thailand long term in the future . 

As it stands, you have to leave Thailand by Sept 26 th and if you do leave , you may not be able to get back .

So, get the Elite visa process started soon