Trump says coronavirus under control as U.S. death toll rises

webfact

A post with misinformation has been removed and the replies.   Sadly, numerous members put some time and effort into their reasonable replies.  

Continued posting of false information will result in suspensions.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Well, for once he  was honest when he said the following;

"They are dying, that's true. And it is what it is," Trump said. "But that doesn't mean we aren't doing everything we can. It's under control, as much as you can control it."

I am no fan of the man, but he's got a valid point. Within the context of the US culture and the views of a large number of Americans, his administration is doing everything that it can.

You see it every day in TVF with the extremist statements.

Americans in large numbers will not listen, nor consider scientific fact. There are tens of millions who are creationists, who are functional illiterates, who barely completed high school, who do not even know the basic facts of their own country's electoral system.  These people will not accept social distancing or the wearing of masks. They are rabid followers of conspiracy promoters like Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh, accepting whatever they say as the gospel truth.  No on challenged Alex Jones when he claimed that the mass murder of children at Sandy Hook was fake. Wackos like Jenny McCarthy and her false narrative on vaccines go unchallenged. Some state governors had it in their power to  protect their citizens, but chose not too because they were in fear of this segment of America. 

Outsiders do not grasp how divided and sectarian the country has become. Americans who have been outside the country for a few years  do not see how their country has frayed at the seams. The USA is a country where some people were able to spread a hateful lie about the former President Obama being born in Kenya and not Hawaii, unchallenged. Elsewhere,  people would have  said no and taken such liars to task.

Taking all of the aforementioned into consideration, it is indeed believable when Trump says they did what they could and it is what it is. A large part of the USA is ignorant, afraid and angry. His administration's strategy reflects that sad fact. 

It’s not the majority ????

If you think that, you are equally as ignorant as he is

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Painful and depressing. A country which has contributed so much to  scientific advancement and public health advances, and then this.  I had to stop watching several times because it was so upsetting.   Many people would say, oh come on, people are smarter than this, and they can see  it for what it is, but then  you see a comment in TVF like this;

And you realize that there are a lot of people who are in their own imaginary world. Anything that frightens them or requires some sober thought is dismissed as fake.  Is it any wonder why so many are scammed and ripped off in life?

I wish I had an answer to fix this bigger issue. I don't so I stick to what I can control and manage: My own life and accept that many will die needlessly due to ignorance.

The ignorance seems to be spreading across the world 

Edited by Redline

“It’s going away. It’ll go away. Things go away. No question in my mind that it will go away,”

Brilliant!  A poet and a prophet.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/trump-says-theres-no-question-the-coronavirus-will-go-away.html

Ashes to ashes, and things go away.

Will Barron be going off to school?

Edited by bendejo

On 8/5/2020 at 7:42 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

For once I agree with you.

But do you know what is worse than Trump? The tens of millions Americans who still support him.

And the GOP politicians who are willing to support him to be president for another 4 years.

Idiots exist all over the world but in most countries they are not elected to be president.

It seems a growing world trait! Elect the least worst idiot from the appalling choices offered.

Trump got elected because people saw through corrupt Hilary. But he's shown what a clown he really is. Now they have to choose between 4 more years of him or dopey sleepy corrupt old Joe and his possible successor VP choice, "a woman of color" (isn't white a color? But that would only please the feminists not the racists).  Poor Americans, what a choice!

Boris got elected because few liked the far left, terrorist loving, unpatriotic, inadequate Corbyn; and the LibDems weren't even in it! So the UK got Boris the buffoon and the sinister puppet master Cummings. What's worse, the opposition still flounder and will likely field another numpty against Boris.

France had to choose between the far right Marine, who wanted out the EU, or the little emperor, former banker, and EU federalist Marcron. His lack of popularity, the yellow vest protests, and other industrial protest actions says it all about his regime. But he is good at spending on Presidential baubles. Corvid 19 actually helped him! 

Spain - a <deleted>'s muddle. Italy, all over the place. Australia controversial. 

Still, better than China, Russia, Venezuela, Cambodia and banana republics where there's no real choice.

Where have all the real class, skillful, leaders gone? Now being exposed as corrupt, inept, ineffective, self interested and a liar aren't barriers to a career in politics. It's almost accepted as par for the course!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

So what you are saying is that improving cover 19 virus situation and dealing with the worst unemployment ever in history is directly related to the Democrats banking on more failure? We need to see if everything you are claiming is true. Please let us know more if you would?

You already show how disingenuous you are by deleting the rest of my post which was pretty short.

Bad unemployment figures are most definitely going to be highlighted by the dems come election time as is the growing deficit trying to keep people afloat.