BANGKOK

Do I need to show I have health insurance along with Covid-19 coverage when I renew my retirement extension this year?

Only if you are renewing an extension of an original O-A Visa

Posted (edited)

What is the difference betwèen an "O" and an "O-A" Visa?

I got my retirement Visa in Thailand not overseas.

I think if one gets their retirement overseas, one has to show they have health insurance.

Edited by marvin1950
additional

If your on extension of stay / retirement the answer is no unless you are currently out of the country then you would require insurance on re entry 

• Like 1

I just completed my extension of stay based in retirement during the last week of July....no insurance was required, even though I had documents to show I carry full coverage,,,,,she just returned them to me....also....I have not been out of the country in last 5 years....this may make a difference if you are now just entering.....

29 minutes ago, shinawhat said:

I just completed my extension of stay based in retirement during the last week of July....no insurance was required, even though I had documents to show I carry full coverage,,,,,she just returned them to me....also....I have not been out of the country in last 5 years....this may make a difference if you are now just entering.....

Original Visa : O or O- A ?

What Immigration office ?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

If your on extension of stay / retirement the answer is no unless you are currently out of the country then you would require insurance on re entry 

If your original visa was an OA then not entirely true

40 minutes ago, shinawhat said:

why did you think you needed insurance? there have been a number of scaremongery threads which could mislead people into thinking they need it

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Many/most immigration offices require people who started with an OA visa at any time to have insurance.

Please read information before posting incorrect information.

the person i quoted has an O so your post is irrelevant

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the person i quoted has an O so your post is irrelevant

Actually no it isn’t as you didn’t specify that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Actually no it isn’t as you didn’t specify that.

i was quoting his post and his insurance wasn't needed, keep up

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i was quoting his post and his insurance wasn't needed, keep up

You should be keeping up. Some/a very few offices are not requiring insurance for extensions from an original OA visa for retirement, most are. If you are too lazy and omit relevant information and too insular to own up to your missing important points you are demonstrating your poor understanding.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You should be keeping up. Some/a very few offices are not requiring insurance for extensions from an original OA visa for retirement, most are. If you are too lazy and omit relevant information and too insular to own up to your missing important points you are demonstrating your poor understanding.

if some offices don't always ask for insurance for OA it doesn't help anyone decide what to do. You need insurance for OA not for O, people like yourself confuse things, no wonder some people still think they need insurance for O