TM30 question (on behalf of a thai person)

I have a Thai friend.

She owns her own condo.

Her foreign friend will fly from his country to visit her and stay at her condo for a few months.

She said the app for the TM30 is not working.

I have just tried the immigration website on 3 different browsers (English Version) which seems to be completely broken.

When I go to the Thai website, the website link also seems to be broken!

I'm wondering how all the tens of thousands of guest house & hotel owners manage to register every tourist when it seems like the website and app are broken ?

Also:  I have seen different info regarding the fine.

some sites have said between 800 to 2,000 baht.

and one article in the Bangkok Post said the fine can go up to 10,000 baht !

My friend said she is happy to pay up to 2,000 baht and not bother with the stress of the app and website. But if its 10,000 baht, then she will obviously try to register the foreigner.

1 minute ago, tonray said:

App is working fine...just tried it. Perhaps she needs help in using it

Maybe the app works on some phones and not others?

Check out the reviews of this app on 'Google Play'

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&showAllReviews=true

it seems that 90% of people say its broken or not working or has some fault.

or maybe you have an earlier version of the app which worked better ?

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Presume the friend is coming as a tourist. Unless he will be attending immigration for something like an extension then do nothing.

I said it in my first post, but if he gives her address on arrival she is likely to be picked up if she doesn't do TM30. Also if he stays longer than 60 days on a tourist visa he has to go to Immigration to extend it, and have to give her address.

23 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

Maybe the app works on some phones and not others?

Check out the reviews of this app on 'Google Play'

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&showAllReviews=true

or maybe you have an earlier version of the app which worked better ?

I think you will find the negative reviews are people having problems registering, incorrect documents etc, nothing to do with the app

• Like 1

Hi, I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s.

It's easy (if you know how).

> In order to access your PM-messages just click on the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

perhaps the same people who can never seem to file an online 90 day report either...which also has worked fine for the past 3 years I've been using it

9 minutes ago, tonray said:

But tourists cannot enter the country is the point

We would assume that the friend that "will fly from his country to visit her" according to the OP, means in distant future. 

Yes currently no entry to Thailand for tourists.

As I mentioned in early post, unless he will be attending immigration for something like extension, do nothing.

Someone mentioned address on arrival. 

Put anything. Hotel Short time, soi 4.

Note to OP, if she is hell bent on doing the TM30, then do it by mail. Easy process.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi, I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s.

> In order to access your PM-messages just click on the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum.

Thanks peter.

My friend cant even get past stage 1 because the site isnt loading.

I am in London now and I can confirm the link does not work (tried in 3 browsers).

but others on this forum say its working fine,, so maybe its because I am outside of thaialnd?

Edited by bluebird729

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

We would assume that the friend that "will fly from his country to visit her" according to the OP, means in distant future. 

Yes currently no entry to Thailand for tourists.

As I mentioned in early post, unless he will be attending immigration for something like extension, do nothing.

Note to OP, if she is hell bent on doing the TM30, then do it by mail. Easy process.

By mail (Thai Post) is a possibility, then maybe it sounds like the easiest method.

I have been trying the link (in 3 different browsers) and its not working in any of them... But I am in the UK. so maybe the link doesnt work for people oustide of thailand, (which I find hard to believe).

you seem to infer that maybe it is not necessary for her to register him ?

so, am I correct to assume that if he writes a random hotel name on his arrival card. and he stays at her home for 3 months, and she doesnt register him; then nothing much will ever happen ?

50 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP. the TM30 website appears to be loading ok.

What is the problem you are having to say its broken ?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/menu.jsp

i have tried it on both my computer (3 different browsers: Firefox, Chrome and even internet explorer) and also on my android phone (chrome). and every time i get a failed link saying:  "This site can’t be reached"

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Although fully correct from 'visitor' point of view, the lady condo-owner might prefer to be in compliance with thai law, which requires that the 'owner' of the place where a foreigner is staying must notify Immigration within 24 hours of arrival of that foreigner.

Not doing so, could incur a fine of 2.000 to 10,000 THB.  Chances are slim it would be detected but there is of course the possibility of a neighbor with a grudge to the couple reporting to Immigration that a foreigner is staying at a private condo.

> In a separate PM I already did sent a step-by-step instruction on how to register the condo on-line, which would allow her to file the TM30 of any friend staying at her condo.  Easy if you know how to do it.

3 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

i have tried it on both my computer (3 different browsers: Firefox, Chrome and even internet explorer) and also on my android phone (chrome). and every time i get a failed link saying:  "This site can’t be reached"

Are you using a VPN?  Then try turning it off.  Also some ISPs do not seem to provide access to an IO website.  There is of course also the option of using an Internet cafe or the computer of a friend to register on the IO website.

8 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

Given that others can access the site and the app, it would appear to be a problem at your end. As others have said, turn off vpn, security settings etc.

Are you in Thailand?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

I have the same problem, worked fine 2 days ago. When I try to enter - on the website- it just freeze. And the app has a "connection problem" . 

Screenshot_20200805_092820.jpg

8 hours ago, tonray said:

perhaps the same people who can never seem to file an online 90 day report either...which also has worked fine for the past 3 years I've been using it

90% of people can't be wrong.

• Haha 1

With the app, isn't there the little complication of having to set up a Google Pay account and give Thailand as your country location  and you have to give the app permission to track your location? Then, if you are not in Thailand, you you cannot get access to the app.

Or is this the case with another app of the Immigration Bureau, not the one for the TM.30

8 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

Thanks peter.

My friend cant even get past stage 1 because the site isnt loading.

I am in London now and I can confirm the link does not work (tried in 3 browsers).

but others on this forum say its working fine,, so maybe its because I am outside of thaialnd?

I just checked the status on my last TM30 report using Firefox, and it did show my last check in date. So it's working fine for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Would you please send the same PM to me? I can't ever seem to get registered there...

2 minutes ago, Granit said:

Would you please send the same PM to me? I can't ever seem to get registered there...

>> PM sent, and you are welcome.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum.

11 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

By mail (Thai Post) is a possibility, then maybe it sounds like the easiest method.

I have been trying the link (in 3 different browsers) and its not working in any of them... But I am in the UK. so maybe the link doesnt work for people oustide of thailand, (which I find hard to believe).

you seem to infer that maybe it is not necessary for her to register him ?

so, am I correct to assume that if he writes a random hotel name on his arrival card. and he stays at her home for 3 months, and she doesnt register him; then nothing much will ever happen ?

If he/she arrives on a 60 days tourist visa and goes to immigration for a 30 days extension, they might ask for a TM30 report to be submitted. It depends on the immigration office. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

Just tried right now:

image.png.811d273dc8e036dfcabf1d08efa79a36.png

My parents in Europe can also open it and it looks the same on their screen (used Teamviewer to connect to their Mac). Both from Firefox, didn't try other browsers.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Presume the friend is coming as a tourist. Unless he will be attending immigration for something like an extension then do nothing.

Agreed, other than if he puts this address on his arrival card it might surface one day, why not save the worry and grey hairs and visit Imm

20 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

It is more likely an issue with your ISP. Do you have the option of using a VPN (so it routes through a different network)?