start the 27th i've e-mailed KK immigration twice and i'm 

still waiting for a reply,

what's your opinion do you think they will do it or will it

be who's on the desk at the time,or would i be better waiting

till the 20th sept before going,

i know it's a hypothetical question,

Regards,

Chris .m.s

In my opinion, this is a valid question, and the answer may depend on the immigration office where you will be applying. However, some here will claim that it is clearcut that you will get the 60-day extension starting from September 27. Bottom line, you will not get a reliable answer on this board, and need to be guided by what Khion Kaen immigration tell you.

• Like 1

So go in person to Khon Kaen and apply now, try.... The extension in that case will start 27th september!! Do not rely on an answer from a thai person or Immigration-office, they are living their own life, and do not care too much about answers and stuff.... 

So GO THERE yourself...

glegolo

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

In my opinion, this is a valid question, and the answer may depend on the immigration office where you will be applying. However, some here will claim that it is clearcut that you will get the 60-day extension starting from September 27. Bottom line, you will not get a reliable answer on this board, and need to be guided by what Khion Kaen immigration tell you.

As a follow up to your unreliable answer, I would also say go and see an IO in the Khon Kaen office. 

You may still not get a reliable answer but it is that office that will make the ultimate decision so you may as well engage with them at the earliest opportunity. 

Khon Kaen IO is main office in Isaan so there you can get best answear on situation now! Even my application papers going there from Chiang Khan earlier.Go there your self better whit Thai person coz they English is not good as all know!

6 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Khon Kaen IO is main office in Isaan so there you can get best answear on situation now! Even my application papers going there from Chiang Khan earlier.Go there your self better whit Thai person coz they English is not good as all know!

The local immigration office in Khon Kaen is not the main office. Immigration Division 4 headquarters is in Khon Kaen but it is in a different location.

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

As a follow up to your unreliable answer, I would also say go and see an IO in the Khon Kaen office. 

You may still not get a reliable answer but it is that office that will make the ultimate decision so you may as well engage with them at the earliest opportunity. 

@BritTim did not give an 'unreliable answer', but correctly stated that it is the Immigration Office where you apply that determines how they will handle your application.

The Infographic Announcement clearly indicated that any extension applied for during the 1 August - 26 September Amnesty window, will have 27 September as start-date.  This to avoid overcrowding of the IOs, because when 'normal procedure of extension starting from date of application' would be applied all applicants would quite sensibly wait till end of Amnesty period.

HOWEVER, there has already been a case reported at SriRatcha where the IO would not accept a 60-day extension of stay for family reasons, because they want to 'back-date' that application from the expiry date of the valid permission to stay, which would make it redundant as those 60-days have already passed.

But at SiSaKet IO they confirmed they will accept a 60-day extension of stay for family reasons, and will have it start at 27 September, even when applicant is now on the Amnesty extension.

So it seems from those two cases, that every IO will decide on a case-by-case basis how they will handle applications for an extension of stay.

There are several factors that will determine an IOs 'individual' decision:

- what extension of stay you are applying for (30-day extension from a VE or Tourist entry, 60-day extension for family visit reasons, 1-year extension of stay, application for Non Imm O Visa);

- whether your expired permission to stay was based on a 'short-term' Visa (e.g. Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa or ME Non Imm O Visa) or on a continuation of your 1-year extension of stay;

- whether you already used one or more of the extension options (you can only apply once per extension per entry);

- whether you meet the conditions for the extension you are applying for (e.g. married to a thai national, two month seasoning of financial funds, etc.)

And IO can decide to either NOT accept the application for the extension, or

- back-date it till the expiry date of your valid permission to stay;

- issue it on the day you apply for the extension;

- having it start on 27 September (as the InfoGraphic mentions)

And on top of the above, you have of course the phenomenon of different officers at same IO interpreting the rules differently.

Given the complexity of the matter, this is not surprising.

So a visit to your local IO is clearly indicated to get at least some insight in how that local IO would handle your application.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

The Infographic Announcement clearly indicated that any extension applied for during the 1 August - 26 September Amnesty window, will have 27 September as start-date.  This to avoid overcrowding of the IOs,

So, all those with one year extensions based on either marriage or retirement, that will expire between Aug 1 and Sept 26, and whose renewals are applied for between Aug 1 and Sept 26 -- will all have a starting date of Sept 27, 2020 -- and an expiration date of Sept 26, 2021. Wow! 57 heretofore expiration dates now rolled into one expiration date -- Sept 26, 2021. That should make for an interesting surge at Imm. So, common sense would dictate that one year extensions, if applied for before their expiration date, will be treated per normal. Nevertheless, the new amnesty window will allow those who can't renew at their expiration date, because, say, the required money hasn't been in the bank for two months -- added time to renew, up to Sept 26th.

17 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So, all those with one year extensions based on either marriage or retirement, that will expire between Aug 1 and Sept 26, and whose renewals are applied for between Aug 1 and Sept 26 -- will all have a starting date of Sept 27, 2020 -- and an expiration date of Sept 26, 2021. Wow! 57 heretofore expiration dates now rolled into one expiration date -- Sept 26, 2021.

That is only for short stay extensions (30 or 60 days).

If you apply for a long stay extension it will start at the end of your current extension.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So, all those with one year extensions based on either marriage or retirement, that will expire between Aug 1 and Sept 26, and whose renewals are applied for between Aug 1 and Sept 26 -- will all have a starting date of Sept 27, 2020 -- and an expiration date of Sept 26, 2021. Wow! 57 heretofore expiration dates now rolled into one expiration date -- Sept 26, 2021. That should make for an interesting surge at Imm. So, common sense would dictate that one year extensions, if applied for before their expiration date, will be treated per normal. Nevertheless, the new amnesty window will allow those who can't renew at their expiration date, because, say, the required money hasn't been in the bank for two months -- added time to renew, up to Sept 26th.

Don't think so, somehow! I recently applied for an annual extension of stay for retirement of my permission to stay due to expire on 11th August - and, guess what, I was awarded a new permission to stay expiring on 11th August 2021!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only for short stay extensions (30 or 60 days).

Makes sense. The use of the word any is what caught my attention:

The Infographic Announcement clearly indicated that any extension applied for

But, does this mean you can't use the extra time provided by the amnesty extension to get your two months in the bank requirement in order?

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Don't think so, somehow! I recently applied for an annual extension of stay for retirement of my permission to stay due to expire on 11th August - and, guess what, I was awarded a new permission to stay expiring on 11th August 2021!!

Did you apply after July 31st? (As the literal translation says those applying Aug 1 thru Sept 26 -- suspect, per Joe, that this too is only for 30-60 day extensions.)