Pattaya Movies

J Town

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's all about domestic tourism.  Western expats don't count.  Not that they ever did.  ????

Well there are none too many to count right now.... but in the past finding showings with English audio tracks was never a problem.

Yes there are not many films being released,  I saw  that at the Avenue they have one film in English "Ava"

The cinema at  Central Festival Marina ( A.K.A  Big C north)  has only shown movies in Thai language for a long time now ( Since the cinema at Royal Garden closed )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

I saw it too and what a bunch of choices!

Snail White and the 7 Chinese girls

Mama Cups a poppin!

Uni Girls in Trouble.

Somchais Big Adventure

Detective Doraemon.

Line: The Movie

Facebook: Like Me

Selfies: the Sequel

Sticky Rice- A Love Story

Ko Tao-The Reckoning

BTW Ko tao is a matinee as you likely wont make it thru the day for the late show.....please make note

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well there are none too many to count right now.... but in the past finding showings with English audio tracks was never a problem.

Westerners are now in the minority for cinema customers.  Why would the cinema cater to them?    

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Westerners are now in the minority for cinema customers.  Why would the cinema cater to them?    

Personally was never ever much of a customer, I get irritated by people using phones and it is just too darned cold in there.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Personally was never ever much of a customer, I get irritated by people using phones and it is just too darned cold in there.

I used to go occasionally, when I was a tourists coming here, and it was raining and there wasn't much else to do. 

There was a period of time some years ago when nothing decent was coming out of Hollywood, and you could buy a big screen TV, so I drifted away from cinema.  

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to watch a lot of Thai language movies without subtitles. It's fun trying to work out what they are saying.

I do that on Thai TV occasionally, for a laugh. 

Same theme in every Thai drama movie and soap opera.  Two guys going for the same girl.  One guy usually more wealthy than the other.  Family likes one guy over the other, usually the rich guy.  Some violence between the two guys.  There's usually a gun produced to add to the drama.  Someone has an accident or an illness so see who "cares" the most.  The occasional mafia character appears sometimes.  All very predicable.  ????

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Same theme in every Thai drama movie and soap opera.  Two guys going for the same girl.  One guy usually more wealthy than the other.  Family likes one guy over the other, usually the rich guy.  Some violence between the two guys.  There's usually a gun produced to add to the drama.  Someone has an accident or an illness so see who "cares" the most.  The occasional mafia character appears sometimes.  All very predicable.  ????

And the mafia character can be identified by his moustache. 

On 8/8/2020 at 9:12 PM, Leaver said:

While living in the village with no English language channels, my favourite soap was one with a ghost element. The hero wore a hat like a cowboy hat. When I saw one in Burma on a visa run I bought it. Still have it. However I don't get accosted by ghosts.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:24 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

While living in the village with no English language channels, my favourite soap was one with a ghost element. The hero wore a hat like a cowboy hat. When I saw one in Burma on a visa run I bought it. Still have it. However I don't get accosted by ghosts.

If you are in the village with no English channels, no need to watch a Thai soap opera, you are living it.  ????