getting internet installed at home

Jackcwba

hi guys,

i am looking at getting a router for my apartment in bangkok, as of now there are 5 floors in this building and each floor has its own router strapped to the cieling and as you can imagine its just so and always disconnects frequently. so online games is frustrating.

at the minute whenever i wanna use the internet and watch movies etc i just hook my laptop up to my hotspot on 4g im currently with AIS who appear quite good in this area. never had a problem i got one of those tourist packages at the time which gives me 200GB of data for 200 baht a month for 12 months only. i have 1 month left until this 'promotion' ends.

in my apartment room i dont have one of those phone lines just a TV connector on the wall so i geuss i cant get it installed at all right?

what would my next best option be? im looking to not use hotspot as ideally i want a wired internet connection thats not capped or slows down half way through the month or anything so unlimited is what im looking for  going to my laptop and games console when i get one so will need to be decent to suit my gaming needs 555

whats the best options? are these ' pocket wifis any good? ive seen them on lazada and you have to put a sim card in them but you can choose your data plan im geussing? or is there anything AIS can do for people who need good home wifi but dont have DSL or the applicable connection in their rooms.

any help would be appreciated

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

I am sure other people in the apartment building have internet wired in.

Ask your landlord maybe or take a trip  to your local internet provider?

i could be wrong but i believe all people do it connect to the wireless router strapped to the roof of each floor, as there is no phone lines in the rooms its only a small apartment like 5 rooms on each floor.

i will probably visit AIS and see what can be done tho if not.