Medical team unhurt as vehicle overturns in Kanchanaburi

webfact

Medical team unhurt as vehicle overturns in Kanchanaburi

By The Nation

800_31ce0005a515888.jpg?v=1596602355

Photo Credit to Somchai Thongphaphoomphontevee

A medical team travelling in Kanchanaburi had a narrow escape when their vehicle flipped over yesterday (August 4) on the way to help residents from a storm-hit community located in Thungyai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary.

Luckily, no one was injured.

Social media user Somchai Thongphaphoomphontevee posted a video that showed the moment in which the vehicle, carrying the 20 medical personnel from the Sangkhlaburi district public health office, lost control while heading down a ramp.

The incident was caused by heavy rain that turned the road into a muddy lane.

The team, reportedly led by a doctor named “Chang”, who is soon to retire, travelled 300 kilometres to save people who live in the community that was cut off from the world due to heavy downpours.

After the video went viral, netizens voiced their support for the team, blessing them and hoping they would be protected from any harm as they help people in need.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392470

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-05

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Wow. Glad that they are all OK. 20 people in that vehicle - how did they do it?

I'm guessing they were pack tightly & not at a high rate of speed + too/top heavy had to contribute to the cause

We once gave a party....A red songtou was supposed to take some people back home but didn't wait around....I told some I'd take them in our Pajero....They loaded up, then I came out to drive not knowing how many....

Looking at the rearview mirror all I saw was brown faces....Took a count = 18....

Accident waiting to happen....Top heavy, handling & braking badly affected, Headlights pointing up off the road.....Was just a 10-15 kilos but a scary drive....

I imagine these folks had medical supplies and luggage too.....

Rainy night, fogged windows, overloaded, bad lighting, wet/muddy road....20 lucky people.....

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The team, reportedly led by a doctor named “Chang”, who is soon to retire, travelled 300 kilometres to save people who live in the community that was cut off from the world due to heavy downpours

You would think with Chang there, he could have just flipped it the right way up. ????

Stupidity knows no bounds. Cause of the accident, heavy rain turned the road into a muddy lane.

Being picky, the road is still a road, not a lane. Rain doesn't shrink it.

If there were actually 20 people in that one vehicle, how the hell did any of them become doctors?

If this is the mentality of people who want to help others, forget it.

• Like 2