500K for 14 days?! Luxury hotels for well heeled Thais and foreigners announced for "alternative quarantine"

webfact

8 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Why is everybody getting their tits in a tangle ?

The cheapest NZ is offering for 15 days is over  $8,000 (approx 168,000 Thb)

Australian prices around $3000 so I cannot see how NZ could be asking $8000.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Why is everybody getting their tits in a tangle ?

The cheapest NZ is offering for 15 days is over  $8,000 (approx 168,000 Thb)

Because we dont need to go into quarantine in New Zealand and so are not concerned about how much it costs there  

39 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

What they should do is test everyone when they get off the plane. If everyone passes on the plane, let everyone quarantine at home for 14 days. Give them the App if necessary.

But, if anyone on the plane tests positive for COVID.. then the whole plane has to go into government quarantine for 14 days either at a cheap government facility or one of these higher end options at their own cost.

Yeah get everyone have a test 48 hours before flight and then test at airport on arrival. Then just self isolate for 14 days. Seems like a good and safe compromise.

• Like 1

Are millionars and billionars idiots? Who else would spend that amount of money to be locked in for 14 days  in an undevelopment country? Some dreamers do just not have borders in their idiozy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Are millionars and billionars idiots? Who else would spend that amount of money to be locked in for 14 days  in an undevelopment country? Some dreamers do just not have borders in their idiozy. 

No, they are people who have money.  Gee, what a concept.

Bangkok is not undeveloped and your comment is naive and indicative of one who has obviously never been here.

If a person does not have much money, then they have difficulty figuring it out.  Not everyone is poor and cheap.

Tiger Woods spent 20 million on his yacht.  Why?  Because he can...

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Although it isnt cheap. its still less than US$2000 which is reasonable for a luxurious 14 day stay

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No, they are people who have money.  Gee, what a concept.

Bangkok is not undeveloped and your comment is naive and indicative of one who has obviously never been here.

If a person does not have much money, then they have difficulty figuring it out.  Not everyone is poor and cheap.

Tiger Woods spent 20 million on his yacht.  Why?  Because he can...

Thanks for that Smarty, from one living in Thailand since 2012, of which one year in Bangkok and I know perfectly well that there are "underdeveloped" areas in Bangkok. Do you Smarty knows the difference between a country  and a town? No, I do not think so.  

• Confused 1

I don't think the hotels listed in the OP are any kind of new entries to the ASQ program.

I was looking at the full list a week or two back, and the ones listed here are pretty much the same ones I saw a couple weeks back.

I think they're just trying to call out here that, at least on paper, there are some more expensive and perhaps better accommodations that the average fare available via ASQ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

What a racket. Promoting luxury quarantine, when in fact you're under house arrest confined to the room and not even free to enjoy the facilities that got the hotel it's star rating in the first place. The rules are so draconian they even prohibit alcohol, so there's no winding down with a gin and tonic after a long listless day spent staring out of the window. 

I understand your point...

BUT, if you're gonna be forced to mostly stay in your hotel room for the better part of two weeks, it does kinda make sense that you'd want a nicer, larger, better equipped room, as opposed to a cheaper, threadbare, breadbox sized room where room service consists of packages of mama noodles!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about the Penthouse Hotel in Pattaya?

It seems there is not even one hotel in Pattaya on that list. They have lots of unemployed intensive care nurses over there...

Yeah but you have to stay in your room and they can't come in. That's real BDMS for ya.

• Like 1

A lot of those prices were less than some of my expat package co-workers paid just for rent on their apartments for the same length of time.  Many of them paid (or, more accurately, the company paid) over 100K per month for apartments.  And that was with no meals, no cleaning, and no healthcare component.

Most of the prices seemed pretty reasonable, with some outliers.  But booking sites always have rooms available in the >30,000 baht a night range, Covid or not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I am sure if a person who has family here and is currently  outside the country

Because of the Corivirus

Will not mind paying for the  hotel  if it means he can come into Thailand 

For the 14 days quarantine 

A cost worth paying 

That’s the reason for the exploitation- it’s not a justification.