Ministry now aims to roll out travel promotions for expats in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, Varrius said:

Plus 300 baht each.

Went to the Phuket Aquarium today, did not show my Pink ID card. Lady wanted 135 baht for me 60 baht for the GF. When I showed my Pink ID card the lady had a cow, asking why I now cause her problems and she had to get her boss to cancel the transaction so could ring in the Thai price. I was absolutely shocked to be ridiculed.  She was even more perturbed when my GF told her she was not Thai....lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Went to the Phuket Aquarium today, did not show my Pink ID card. Lady wanted 135 baht for me 60 baht for the GF. When I showed my Pink ID card the lady had a cow, asking why I now cause her problems and she had to get her boss to cancel the transaction so could ring in the Thai price. I was absolutely shocked to be ridiculed.  She was even more perturbed when my GF told her she was not Thai....lol

I hope you waited until she made the first correction for the second revelation.

Never, ever, accept a bad attitude. It's not mai bpen rai. Thais better start behaving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes it was after she had her boss make the correction that my GF told her in Thai that she was also a foreigner and showed her the pink id card she has as well.  I thought the gals head was going to explode. It should become evident that even when i spoke Thai to her that maybe everything was not what it appeared to be. I feel sorry when they have Luk Krueng adults as well as children go to the aquarium. Dual pricing is ridiculous, and needs to be stopped everywhere. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Call said:

A good start would be to let expats in again. 

We must be cruel too be kind .

Expats , from high risk Countries , including USA / UK ,  should be kept away .

You know it makes sense ...

Edited by elliss

4 hours ago, trucking said:

If he got ' back in the game ' I don't think the current protesters would touch him with a barge pole since it was he and Suthep who sanctioned live ammunition to be used against the red shirts who were also protesting for democracy to be respected by the urban elite. 

Abhisit is old school and completely out of touch with the ordinary Thai on the street. This is clear since even with the tacit approval  of the military he could never win an election standing on his own two feet.

His British education is completely irrelevant to Thailands political problems.

Thanathorn would be immensely popular but the Junta know that and have had him nobbled.

Sounds like doom and gloom unfortunately, change may somehow come if the people are determined or maybe its just not possible 

19 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Sounds like doom and gloom unfortunately, change may somehow come if the people are determined or maybe its just not possible 

Well....things are definitely picking up on the protest front , and not only in Bangkok so we live in hope .

31 minutes ago, trucking said:

Well....things are definitely picking up on the protest front , and not only in Bangkok so we live in hope .

I feel for the Thai people, good friend of mine ( taxi driver ) known for 12 years may lose his newly purchased taxi, he is absolutely livid at his government, im sure  there's millions of other disasters ahead if they can't somehow open up carefully by testing, tracing, social distancing. Hope to get back before my extension of stay expires Jan. 31 2021.  

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, shackleton said:

With no foreign tourists coming in they now realise there is more  money to be made with the ones already here

That indeed is the crux of the matter, isn't it.

I'd sure feel a lot more comfortable being a happy tourist, without this amnesty that keeps getting extended, and these constantly looming "get the F out" dates.

So when can we start lining up at immigration, to finally get legit visa stamps?

Refreshing thoughts but I will believe this discount card when it arrives in my mailbox & I'd say chances are slim. Till then I'll keep getting good value where it's available which doesn't include 'tourist attractions' ????

Paying for a promotion or a guide? :cheesy:

Never in my life. I've travelled to many Asian countries, including Nepal and China(3x) - never had a human guide, but good guide-books. It worked excellently. You are never influenced by the money or other interests. You have a much better chance to observe the real life, if you don't need the 5-star hotels.

Even nowadays, in the smoky season here in the remote North we leave Thailand or rent a bungalow in the nice and quiet area in the South of the Thakiap in Hua Hin. For that we don't need a "promotion". The life quality there is a (unpaid) promotion for us.