Ministry now aims to roll out travel promotions for expats in Thailand

webfact

How about letting the Expats who have retirement and marriage visas back in the country without the impossible requirements so we can enjoy Thailand like we used to?

All Expats who are living in Thailand deserve to be treated the same which includes those who are stuck out of the Kingdom.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just waiting for the Covid free stamp to be added to my Non Immigrant pink ID card.    

You won't get that until you've paid 10000 Bahts for Bill Gate's dodgy vaccine...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The ministry will also discuss with the prime minister the need to reduce ticket prices for expats who visit various attractions and national parks.

Too true, all this dual pricing has to go ...........!!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JTXR said:

"Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said TAT would issue special cards to expats to show at accommodations and attractions so they can avail of discounted prices."

Thais already have ID cards so they can easily take advantage of the current discounts the government is subsidizing.  Although the idea of subsidizing discounts for expats is a great in theory, it will only be worthwhile if the process of getting a "special" expat card is simple and quick. 

If you have a Thai driving licence, you have an ID card as your passport number is on the licence........ simples ????

• Like 1

This would be very nice,but first you must give us a 6 month  amnesty from the the 26 of 

sept. and also keep the Chinese tourist out as the second wave of the virus may be hitting them now.

You really need to drop this visa <deleted> as most of us are retired and more responsive to the virus.

So stop trying to push us out of the country as no one knows where to go.None of us have the

the virus so what is the problem?

Edited by vandeventer

This idea could be implemented immediately, I mean today, for those of us with pink I. D. Cards. But of course, that’s too easy. As for others, there are, quite simply, no tourists in the kingdom these days so why not hand out the passes at some convenient venues if one just shows a passport.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said TAT would issue special cards to expats to show at accommodations and attractions so they can avail of discounted prices.

I think it would be more useful to issue "Get out of Jail Free" cards for IDC after expats on overstay on Sept 27th

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sletraveler said:

The discount is only available at overpriced venues I would never stay at right?

Not really. The discount would allow a better hotel at about the same price.

They have indicated it would be similar to the Thai scheme and under that we booked 3 nights at the Bluesotel in Ao Nang for 2000 baht. If anyone thinks that less than 700 baht/night with breakfast is far too much then they would probably stay at home anyway.

As for simplicity, booking under the Thai scheme is not easy so why would it be any different.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sletraveler said:

The discount is only available at overpriced venues I would never stay at right?

Yip, doubt very much that the program offer to falang will be anywhere near as good as it is for the Thais under the  TRAVEL TOGETHER promotion. And why issue a card? Can't we register online and get a code, like Thais did/do? Add a function to include a copy of passport, easy. I know, 'easy' does not work here...

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Ministry now aims to roll out travel promotions for expats in Thailand

It doesn’t much matter whether this idea works or not…

Because a month from now we’ll be reading about its resounding success, how 62.5 million local 'ai farang' eagerly embraced the program, how 11 trillion Baht of pure profit was raised, how the tourism market is a thousand times bigger and better than ever....and how the Thai people are overcome with joyous thanks for their wise, far-sighted, and benevolent government.

Trusted Thailand,....believing is seeing.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

Screw Thailand. No one cares about helping Thailand anymore. Hope they close their borders forever and enjoy eating rice and bugs. Thankful I don’t have a thai wife and family and own a bunch of stuff in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1