BANGKOK
chilly07

Marriage Extension at Jomtien today

Is there a question for TVF anywhere in this routine visit to immigration?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a report. Some folk attending Jomtien for annual extension marriage will find it useful. Especially if have never done one.

Report...ad nauseam!

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Of course she did, cause you need to show the last 5 years of deposits in your bank, for this years extension. They just make it up as they go along.

Actually the immigration office I go to wants copies of all pages of my bankbook since I started my extensions 5 years ago, as irritating as it is, I provide them with the mountain of pages plus everything they usually want, i.e. more mountains of paperwork, you can see they care for the environment, cut more trees to fill up immigrations files, makes sense doesn't it, as it would be too hard to scan copies of the last 4 years of bank book pages to my file in the system, that is, if they had a system with me on it, I suppose the scanning of the current years bankbook pages maybe 1 or 2 would create more work for them, as opposed to me providing them with about 30 pages of bankbook pages every year, bad idea, ok. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a report. Some folk attending Jomtien for annual extension marriage will find it useful. Especially if have never done one.

It's not that accurate. The copy machine is for a set of copies for 150 baht which is very expensive, especially when there is an office outside where copies are much cheaper. They now have a small copy machine at the retirement desk 8 which they use when you maybe have forgotten a couple of copies for the application, and it's free, believe it or not. And the photo they took when OP was there, was the pic they used to take when the application was approved. Now they take it when you apply for the 1 year extension. I don't understand what he means here:  "plus copy of receipt for 1900 bht". 

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Actually the immigration office I go to wants copies of all pages of my bankbook since I started my extensions 5 years ago, as irritating as it is, I provide them with the mountain of pages plus everything they usually want, i.e. more mountains of paperwork, you can see they care for the environment, cut more trees to fill up immigrations files, makes sense doesn't it, as it would to hard to scan copies of the last 4 years of bank book pages to my file in the system, that is, if they had a system to have me on, I suppose the scanning of the current years bankbook pages would create more work for them, bad idea, ok. 

"Every page" in a bank book is 7 copies, plus the first page with the name and account. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

"Every page" in a bank book is 7 copies, plus the first page with the name and account. 

So 7 pages by say 4 years is 28 pages multiplied by how many farangs on marriage extensions, plus the other paperwork = a fair few trees over the years, not to mention other paperwork for other extensions, visa's etc etc etc, your point being ?

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Agreed. Nothing wrong with up to date info, particularly at this point in time.

The "ad nauseam" comes when you are turned away.

No they did not ask for evidence of source of income. They did last year but it is only a marriage extension. They only asked for a copy of every page of  current bank book. They wanted copies of the 1900 BHT receipt for the extension to attach to each set of paperwork

• Thanks 1