Marriage Extension at Jomtien today

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Of course she did, cause you need to show the last 5 years of deposits in your bank, for this years extension. They just make it up as they go along.

Actually the immigration office I go to wants copies of all pages of my bankbook since I started my extensions 5 years ago, as irritating as it is, I provide them with the mountain of pages plus everything they usually want, i.e. more mountains of paperwork, you can see they care for the environment, cut more trees to fill up immigrations files, makes sense doesn't it, as it would be too hard to scan copies of the last 4 years of bank book pages to my file in the system, that is, if they had a system with me on it, I suppose the scanning of the current years bankbook pages maybe 1 or 2 would create more work for them, as opposed to me providing them with about 30 pages of bankbook pages every year, bad idea, ok. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a report. Some folk attending Jomtien for annual extension marriage will find it useful. Especially if have never done one.

It's not that accurate. The copy machine is for a set of copies for 150 baht which is very expensive, especially when there is an office outside where copies are much cheaper. They now have a small copy machine at the retirement desk 8 which they use when you maybe have forgotten a couple of copies for the application, and it's free, believe it or not. And the photo they took when OP was there, was the pic they used to take when the application was approved. Now they take it when you apply for the 1 year extension. I don't understand what he means here:  "plus copy of receipt for 1900 bht". 

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Actually the immigration office I go to wants copies of all pages of my bankbook since I started my extensions 5 years ago, as irritating as it is, I provide them with the mountain of pages plus everything they usually want, i.e. more mountains of paperwork, you can see they care for the environment, cut more trees to fill up immigrations files, makes sense doesn't it, as it would to hard to scan copies of the last 4 years of bank book pages to my file in the system, that is, if they had a system to have me on, I suppose the scanning of the current years bankbook pages would create more work for them, bad idea, ok. 

"Every page" in a bank book is 7 copies, plus the first page with the name and account. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

"Every page" in a bank book is 7 copies, plus the first page with the name and account. 

So 7 pages by say 4 years is 28 pages multiplied by how many farangs on marriage extensions, plus the other paperwork = a fair few trees over the years, not to mention other paperwork for other extensions, visa's etc etc etc, your point being ?

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a report. Some folk attending Jomtien for annual extension marriage will find it useful. Especially if have never done one.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with up to date info, particularly at this point in time.

The "ad nauseam" comes when you are turned away.

No they did not ask for evidence of source of income. They did last year but it is only a marriage extension. They only asked for a copy of every page of  current bank book. They wanted copies of the 1900 BHT receipt for the extension to attach to each set of paperwork

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

No they did not ask for evidence of source of income. They did last year but it is only a marriage extension. They only asked for a copy of every page of  current bank book. They wanted copies of the 1900 BHT receipt for the extension to attach to each set of paperwork

When using the +400K funds-in-bank method for your 1-year extension of stay marriage application, there is no need to prove the foreign origin nor the source of the funds.

But when using the +40K monthly-income transfer method, the foreign origins of the transfers needs to be proven.  And IO might also ask to provide evidence of the source of those monthly foreign income transfers (e.g. a pension statement issued by your pension provider, or an Embassy issued monthly foreign income statement).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Thanks for your report. As I'm doing the same extension in a month's time could you please tell me how you delivered the photos from your house (how many and in what format) and the map to your house?

"...and gave me 5 other Thai forms to fill..."

So you had to fill in 5 other forms that you didn't know about before going to the office?

These reports are exceedingly boring. Most of us will make copies of everything possible before going to immigration so they can't ask for anything else. If they see you got a copy of everything they don't bother to ask you for anything and everythings quite straightforward and easy.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gamini said:

If they see you got a copy of everything they don't bother to ask you for anything and everythings quite straightforward and easy.

Can we assume ( Location:hua hin) that you don't use the Jomtien office ?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When using the +400K funds-in-bank method for your 1-year extension of stay marriage application, there is no need to prove the foreign origin nor the source of the funds.

They have asked me before where the money in the bank came from  but excepted my answer with no need of proof.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Interesting.

I asked because I did my marriage extension earlier this year, before lockdown. I go to Si Racha which, like Jomtien, is part of Chonburi Immigration. I have been doing extensions for many years but, in the past the British Embassy letter always stated the income and I've never been asked for proof. This extension was the first where I had to show twelve months transfers from the UK and I was asked for proof of where my income originated. I have three pensions, one state, one company and one private. I supplied a copy/statement from each one confirming the current income of each along with a copy of my Uk bank statement confirming each monthly payment.

But, because each letter was from a different source with the wording slightly different in each, the IO didn't want to accept any of them. It appears, it was because the IO didn't understand the wording in the letters or their validity. I eventually  got to see her boss, who did understand the information in each letter and confirmed they were legit and above board, so instructed the IO to complete the application.

She did point out to me that, under the new monthly income requirements, the foreigner could be asked for 'proof' information that could come from many different companys/finance houses/income sources, etc, written in different formats from all over the world and written in English. An IO wouldn't understand all/most of them. She suggested that, in future, it might be better if those letters were translated into Thai so it was easier for the IO to understand

This was her suggestion and didn't come from any official source, but did make some sense as she explained it.  

• Thanks 1