Mother jumps into 30m well to save son

webfact

Mother jumps into 30m well to save son

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1596606441_1-org.jpg

Ms Da and her 3-year-old son Seo after their ordeal. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Thai social media has been abuzz with posts praising a mother jumping into a well in Wichit that is reportedly 30 metres deep to rescue her 3-year-old son yesterday (Aug 4).

Rescue workers from Wichit Municipality were called to the scene, behind a house in Soi Phaisan, Wichit, at 12:30pm after being told that a young boy had fallen into a well.

When rescue workers arrived, they found a neighbour providing first aid to the toddler, named ‘Seo’, with his soaking wet mother, named only as “Ms Da”, 43, standing by.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/mother-jumps-into-30m-well-to-save-son-76903.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-05

19 hours ago, webfact said:

When rescue workers arrived, they found a neighbour providing first aid to the toddler

How many Thais have even a passing knowledge of first aid of any kind unless they work at any type of medical facility, hospital, clinic, rescue unit, etc.  I have suggested to some associations such as TAT that where tourist guides are "in training", such as teachers colleges, etc. first aid should be a compulsory part of their education and should be renewed annually.  Of course, it has always fallen on deaf ears.  About the only accredited first aid people in Thailand that meet western standards are dive instructors as was well documented when the school football team were trapped and then rescued mainly by western trained divers, and a few Thai military personnel.

'nuf sed

• Like 2

Why do these people not cover the wells as long as there is an air vent in the top the water will stay okay that’s what I have done I had a concrete cover made to go over the last ring with the widest blue pipe I could get set in the middle of the top I have never had any issues in 10 years the water is crystal clear and never smells 

Edited by crazykopite

9 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

No mention how she got out of the well if the water level was even two meters down.

Try reading the link:

"The neighbour then lowered a rope to lift Ms Da and Seo out of the well, she added."

• Like 2