Why you will fall in love with the province of Nan

nan-main-2.jpg.684949d8b7a4ac0595b9686a66b7bb72.jpg

It has taken me over a decade of living in Thailand but I have now made it my objective to start seeing the regions of Thailand off the beaten tourist paths. And if my trip to Nan was anything to go by, I am all set for treat after treat. Quite simply, it was stunning in a traditional, beautiful kind of way.

Nan is located in Northern Thailand along the border of Laos and you can fly there direct from Bangkok. The flight is little over an hour.

The vast Doi Phu Kha National Park, in the northeast of the province, contains waterfalls, limestone mountains and rare plants. Nearby, the heavily forested Khun Nan National Park is home to wild boars, black bears, reptiles and birds.

What you get from Nan is another side of Thailand. It is peaceful, the people are happy and relaxed and you are surrounded by natural beauty where ever you go.

To read the rest of this blog by Dan about Thailand visit https://danaboutthailand.com/2020/03/11/why-you-will-fall-in-love-with-the-province-of-nan/

• Like 2

It's one of the most boring places I have ever been to. Had to go for immigration once a year, once we got our own office, I would never go back.

The road to it and through it are good for motorcycle rides, as long as you keep going. ????

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Went there once, another rural poop hole.

Nothing to do, nothing to see.

Didn't go again.

Glad I read your comment, I will give the place a miss then ????

22 hours ago, Expat Explore said:

And if my trip to Nan was anything to go by, I am all set for treat after treat. Quite simply, it was stunning in a traditional, beautiful kind of way.

Not Likely,Living Peacefully in our village Thank you.   :jap:

1 hour ago, CM Dad said:

Nan is one of my favorite places in Thailand.  If my son were finished with high school, I would move there in a minute.  It seems many Thai Visa readers feel the need to have an active bar and prostitution scene to survive.  Thankfully, Nan has neither.  The places I find the most boring are Pataya and Phuket.  Bangkok is bearable only for short visits due to the horrid traffic and unsmiling people.  To all those who feel the need to bad-mouth Nan - good, stay away.

Sounds like the party never stops at your place.

• Like 2

Would like to visit Nan but sounds like it may be better after the rainy season ends. Like to try the different food around Thailand.  What is/if there is a signature food dish in Nan?

Edited by Saraburi121

4 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

The next series of Walking Dead is being filmed there.

Tell me about it . 

Went there once , upon a time .

Boredom is a killer ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Would like to visit Nan but sounds like it may be better after the rainy season ends. Like to try the different food around Thailand.  What is/if there is a signature food dish in Nan?

Brown Sugary Gunge like all of Thailand. Gastronomic Desert outside BKK.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:14 PM, BritManToo said:

Went there once, another rural poop hole.

Nothing to do, nothing to see.

Didn't go again.

You are so positive Mr BritMan, that you make my day. You make me happier, do you know that? And you give me a really good life teaching as well. 

Thank you Sir! 

Btw Im sure OP happy to see your positivity as well. 

• Thanks 1

May be Nan is good for me., I have IBS(irritable bowel syndrome), right now the pain can be managed by taking pain killer. I guess if I live in a place like Nan I may recover or have a remission.

I can still work( no problem with energy) so if I grow my vegetables and eat an organic diet it would do me tremendous amount of good.

When so many members on this forum said "It's boring", that's because you miss your daily routine, no coffee(I mean real coffee not nescafe stuff), your newspapers or latest gossips with friends, etc.,

I imagine I live there quietly, eat my organic foods. There is plenty for me to do, because I need to set up the veggie farm, make bamboo stands for bitter gourds to climb( its a plant that climbs),make compost, etc.,

I don't think the Thai immigration will have sympathy with my illness- because it's no good having a 3 months visa- no long enough for me to live on a farm for my illness. At least a year visa to get any benefit at all.

I believe that at this stage of my illness if I give my body the clean non-chemical  wholesome veggie diet and live in a clean air environment as well as good thoughts that are conducive to healing I have a good chance of remission.

Anyone interest in the farm can contact me , my e-mail address:  [email protected]

I am Malaysian and the farm idea can be done in Malaysia too. In Malaysia I will have no problem with visa.

I never understand people who have nothing better to do - than to rubbish someone's Posts!!?? Why bother reading & commenting on something that you don't like? Just move on to the next page/next topic, WITHOUT leaving your NEGATIVE impressions. The only positive is, that I will NOT run into such people ... when I visit Nan.

Good Riddance to all negative posters. ????

• Thanks 1

"Falling in love" is very specific. You are in love with the province of Nan. But maybe I am not. Nothing to worry, we both are doing fine.

Anyways, thank you for the introduction to the province of Nan.

9 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Nice to read a post that isnt about China Pox, brake fails and destitute Bar Girls, just good old fashioned Grumpy Ferangs and the Happy Ones.????️

Wow ,  Happy farangs in Land of smiles ?.    Have  a little bit ..

Grumpy  farangs have sure . Welcome too the forum ...

Edited by elliss