More stranded Russians fly home from Phuket

snoop1130

More stranded Russians fly home from Phuket

By The Phuket News

1596622447_1-org.jpg

Russian tourists check-in to board the special flight home yesterday (Aug 4). Photo: Phuket Consulate-General of the Russian Federation

PHUKET:-- The special flights to fly home Russian nationals left stranded in Phuket due to the COVID-19 pandemic continued at Phuket International Airport yesterday (Aug 4).

A total of 265 Russians and “6 foreign citizens” boarded Aeroflot Fight SU275 bound for Moscow at 11:04am, reported the Phuket Consulate-General of the Russian Federation.

As is now tradition, the passengers were seen off at the departure terminal by airport staff, immigration police and health officials, holding cards spelling out the message “See you again” in Russian language.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-stranded-russians-fly-home-from-phuket-76909.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-05

9 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

"See you again" cards...are you kidding me?

This would be the last time they come to Thailand I bet.....come for a 2 week holiday and stay 4 months.....probably with no assistance!

Unlikely they were ordinary tourists, much more likely they were working here.

33 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Unlikely they were ordinary tourists, much more likely they were working here.

Until last month there were still about 5000 tourist stranded on Phuket island according the immigration records.

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

What percentage were stranded as opposed to those reluctant to leave and happy to enjoy the amnesty? 

Good question ???? I'm afraid that the majority are now just happy to stay here as long as possible as there are flights available to most countries.

As is now tradition, the passengers were seen off at the departure terminal by airport staff, immigration police and health officials, holding cards spelling out the message “See you again” in Russian language.

I can imagine what some of the Russians would have been saying when they saw that, anyway Natasha and Svetlana come back soon I miss you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, merijn said:

Until last month there were still about 5000 tourist stranded on Phuket island according the immigration records.

How many of those 'according to immigration records tourists' are really tourists?

• Confused 1