Recommended places/activities for Phuket, please

MonThai

Hello, 

I have been living in Thailand for some time and visited Phuket 2 or 3 times during that period. I have to say that I was generally unimpressed by the beaches, nature... and not to say the tourist overpopulation. Now that we cannot travel abroad and since there are less people around, I am considering having another, better visit. I assume that if is not raining must be a worthy visit. 

I would like to ask what places should be definitely on the list. I have already seen Patong, Karen, Kata, Rawai, Koh Phi Phi, the usual island hoping things with James Bond Island or whatever, Phuket old town and Koh Yao Yai. Am I missing something? Had I overlooked the best places?

Thanks in advance to all the answers and for your patience. 

Karon, Kata, and Bang Tao are worth checking out. Been to Phuket twice as well and really looking forward to our trip this October. We already booked at PhuketFerry. Ferry tickets and hotels are very cheap these days. Can't wait to be at Bang Tao again.

• Like 1

fyi;

90 % of Bang Tao is closed, as is Patong, including most Hotels/resorts

Kata/Karon 75% closed

Phuket town, Rawai, Kamala 80% open, except for many big resorts/hotels

when will they open?
when tourists are allowed back in, till than.....

Its great here, no traffic, no mini bus's, no tour bus's, no lines

Love it  ????

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

The western coast of the island is almost unrecognizable. It's like a normal chilled tropical island now, nothing like the unfriendly overcrowded tourist-grinder that it was before. Almost all Russians are gone as well.

If you want to experience Phuket for it's own natural beauty now is the time. But if you want to party just forget it.

• Like 1

Because there are no beach vendors or tourists and the rainy season brings large waves, I’m finding most of the beaches to be dirty. There doesn’t seem to be a big incentive to keep them clean. 

As mentioned, there are few restaurants and hotels open, but those hotels that are open have great rates. You’ll want to rent a car or motorcycle to be able to get around and to find an open restaurant. 

With no traffic it is a great time drive all over the island. At least there are no issues with finding a parking spot. 

• Like 1