• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently I've been using it to make a spicy tomato chutney. When I made my first batch, It filled about 5 jam jars. I gave some to my wife to try. After about a week she asked me to make some mor

After reading this thread and looking up recipes on that Internet thingy, I bought a slow cooker yesterday from Big C Extra, an Otto SC-207 with a capacity of 3.5 Litres for 499 Baht. It is a clay pot

Yes, use regular to make batches of "bean soup" & stews 

Posted Images

I gave up on ours a few years back.  I just couldn't make it produce high quality results, despite following several recipes. I guess they are okay if you at work all day and want to come home and eat straight away, but frankly, we just never used it.  Its now gathering dust in the store room.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, CGW said:

Yes, use regular to make batches of "bean soup" & stews :thumbsup:

I found that the flavours were too concentrated and no opportunity to adjust the various ingredients as it cooked. It also seemed to just 'boil' meat, which I found unappetising for all meat cuts and for chicken.    

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

Mrs uses the rice cooker as a slow cooker. Works fine but I'm not sure she has experimented much beyond liquid based foods. Casseroles soups chilli and curry, all were tasty.

• Thanks 2

G8t thing get cheap beef cuts. Sear it 6 hours later add veg etc 4 a hour ..I think they great ..do split pea big pot n freeze for mushy peas ..not far off the mark . I bought air fryer . Brilliant too..happy cooking