New cases, concert, foreign troops, spark virus surge warning

webfact

13 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

I’m beginning to think that my initial guess of travel returning to normal by 2023 was wildly optimistic. I think some time after 2030 is now more likely, given that strict quarantine of travellers is indisputably the best way of preventing outbreaks, and the general view that even a single death from China virus is unacceptable.

Yea, I would say Forget Any travel plans to leave Los and Trying to come back for a While .

I suppose it will depend on the Big bosses how long they can stop people from Leaving and entering with the Extreme Requirements in place  before the country go broke. 

Travel as we new it may never be the same .

15 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

That's what I thought about for some time now and could explain low Mortality numbers in some South East Asian countries but of course more research evidence is needed.
It's believed the virus originated in Horseshoe Bats which are also in Thailand.

Those bats must also live in Vietnam, Korea, Thailand etc...

That study told us that 4 other families of covids must help to fight the covid-19.

As you I can not see other explanations why the covid-19 caused so few deaths in China and SEA ?

High Temperature : no (cf. Brazil)

Seasons, winter with lower temperatures: no (cf. new zealand)

Ethnies: no (cf. Indonesia)

Seriously ... what else could explain those low figures figures in China/SEA ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

... but of course more research evidence is needed.

I dont think we need a kind a scientific research to try to understand everything, because it's a new virus and there is an emergency.

What we really need today it to observe:

- observe the countries that had 1st the covid (China etc...): no 2nd wave, still some cases but the deaths count is falling
- Why countries in China/SEA had so few deaths ?
- Only HCQ helped to treat people, Remdesivir etc ... were a failure

- A new vaccine wont be available untill at least 6-9 months and wont be tested 100%. But for what if that virus starts to disapear and kills today only few eldery people ?

Another reason for extending the State of Emergency then? Nothing to do with anti Government protests - just the off chance that someone might sneak into the country undetected and bring in a second "ripple"?

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

... and bring in a second "ripple"?

With the possibility that thai population & expats are allready immunized against that virus ? Time will tell... I really hope that this cross-immunity (cf. T Cells) is real.

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

These people are sent to quarantine, so, technically, should not be a threat in starting the second "ripple".

I think they should be far more concerned about foreign nationals, who appear to cross the porous borders with ease, with having such a large amount of border with neighbouring countries, as was proved a few days ago, with the 18 chinese caught crossing the Mekong river at Chiang Rai.

Exactly. It seems like Thai authorities don't understand what the term second wave means. Infected returnees on repatriation flights goes straight to quarantine and don't interact with the population as long as hotels and hospitals do their thing the correct way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

And 160,000 deaths is very normal for respiratory illness in the USA.

Here are the figures for deaths in 2017.  Add Flu to lower respiratory diseases and you get around 224,000.  My guess, Covid will this year kill the same 224,000 in the USA.  EG..........nothing changes.   You people act as if death is something that never happens, only just started to happen.  You should work for CNN perhaps ?

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672

I am sure your numbers are right so i do not need to check that,of course what you are saying is right.

Consider this however,all of the numbers you posted will stay the same more or less but,The 160.000 covid victims are not amongst them.They are  extra deaths.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jvs said:

I am sure your numbers are right so i do not need to check that,of course what you are saying is right.

Consider this however,all of the numbers you posted will stay the same more or less but,The 160.000 covid victims are not amongst them.They are  extra deaths.

CV, with 158,000+ deaths already and climbing in the U.S., will be the third leading cause of death in the U.S., behind only cancer and heart disease. In recent days, the U.S. also has been tallying 1000+ new CV deaths daily.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

One of the main academic research centers used by the federal government is currently predicting the U.S. will hit 230,000+ CV deaths by Nov. 1.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Screenshot_2.jpg.be69619fbaa1ebaf6e467dbef4564d3c.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I think the current official Thai mindset of wariness and precaution is well deserved, even if there may be an element of ulterior motive in it.

Anyone following the CV news would well know that there are many places around the world who thought they had the CV licked, let down their guard, only to see infection rates and deaths begin to climb again, and were forced to reimpose various restrictions and local lockdowns.  It would be better if Thailand does not have to go that route.

15 hours ago, julmust said:

Wonder why Sweden have managed so well without any lockdowns...

Because they've let a lot of their citizens die, and rank in the top 10 countries in the world for per capita coronavirus deaths, with 5700+ thus far in a country with a population of just over 10 million.

That's a country about one-seventh the size of Thailand's nearly 70 million population. And, Sweden's per capita CV death toll also is up to 10 times higher than its neighboring countries, and even higher than the per capita CV death toll in the U.S.!

4 hours ago, GigsGigs said:

Some 617 people who attended a crowded luk thung concert in Nakhon Si Thammarat on July 25 have tested negative for Covid-19. Organisers of the Ratchanok “Janey” Suwannaket concert were charged with packing out the venue but failing to impose disease controls such as mask-wearing. Results of tests on about 2,400 other concertgoers will be issued within 2-3 days.

Wait a moment... let that sink in for a while and re-read it again.

"2,400 concertgoers" did you say? And yet they are "concerned" about a few dozens foreign fathers waiting to be reunited with their Thai wifes/partners/children?

Need I say more?

10% of returnees from the US are infected. 7000 in Rayong recently tested and 0 positives. I know where my concern lies and it's not with the local population. 

Among the 45 countries with over 50,000 cases, the U.S. has the 24th-highest case fatality ratio. And the U.S. rate of 3.3% is much lower than that of the U.K. at 15.1% or Italy at 14.2%.

When you consider population size, the U.S. comes in ninth place, having conducted 174 tests per 1,000 people. That's much lower than the per capita rate in Luxembourg at 691 per 1,000 people, the United Arab Emirates at 525 and Denmark at 268.

We can do graphs and statistics all day. One of my professors (military COL.) said, if you don’t know your subject, bullS--- them with charts and graphs.

Another thing to take into account is age of the population in a given country. I believe it was Ecuador or one South American country, the average age was 15.8, US around 38-39, UK I think around 42. Naturally if you have a population with an average of 16, most of those may not even know they have it or a mild cold. No one ever throws that one out.

In the US over 2/3 of deaths or 70 years old and above and in poor health. The majority of the deaths are in three north east states. One in particular is New York. The Governor there (Cuomo) ordered the assisted living facilities to take in virus infected older people. For the patients in those facilities, most already on respirators or in poor health over 80, that was basically a death sentence for them.

Then you throw in the number that are questionable. Several counties in Florida were sending in 100% infection for everyone tested. The state started to question the numbers. The counties came back, on sorry its between 9-16%, you must have made a mistake with our report. They listed just about everyone dying was because of the virus. One person was killed in a motorcycle accident, another shot and killed. Both were listed as dying of the virus. Now they are starting to look at other states like Texas.

They are inflating the numbers for the money. They get 2-3 times more from the government for virus deaths.

2 hours ago, Spellforce said:

With the possibility that thai population & expats are allready immunized against that virus ? Time will tell... I really hope that this cross-immunity (cf. T Cells) is real.

Why would expats be immune? If true, which I highly doubt, it would only be indigenous populations. China imposed a massive lockdown (could not leave the hosue for weeks - needed food delivered) which mostly stopped the virus in its tracks. 

Edited by DavisH

15 hours ago, RANGER55 said:

They are inflating the numbers for the money. They get 2-3 times more from the government for virus deaths.

Medical and public health experts are pretty unanimous in their opinion that official stats for both cases and deaths reflect an UNDERcount of actual cases and deaths, not an overcount.  So your post above is simply spinning...

In other words...”people are sneaking across or being ushered across the border. The US military doesn’t have time to hang out in a hotel for 2 weeks waiting to train Thais. The people who work at the quarantine centers still go home after their duties and even though we’ve already been caught for it, we’re still making exceptions for our buddies so it’s possible we’ll have some issues in the near future.”

There is NO test for the specific coronavirus ID 19 in existence, these people are being tested using a floored test procedure called PCR which is a DNA strain amplification test under uncontrolled and unsterile environments.  This test will basically in less the 5% of cases show you have had the flu in the last 5 years or so as it will, due to untrusted all ready mentioned amplification.  This also applies to the blood antibody test... it tests for coronavirus strains (flu) NOT covid 19 .. so if you’ve had the general flu lately you WILL test positive... No vaccine can or will be developed, only medication to help supress the symptoms which have existed for years ... its IMPOSSIBLE to die of a coronavirus as it is virus and not a bacterial infection.... 

49 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Medical and public health experts are pretty unanimous in their opinion that official stats for both cases and deaths reflect an UNDERcount of actual cases and deaths, not an overcount.  So your post above is simply spinning...

It took like 8 searches on google and then found like 5 pages in. Google, Facebook and the rest liberal rags feed their propaganda to you like little sheep. I did not past the whole article but supplied the link. I guess the two examples of the gun shoot and motorcycle deaths was actually the virus to “BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT WEARING THEIR MASK FOR THE VIRUS”! If they had worn that mask, they would be alive today, sent me the money.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/15/high-coronavirus-positive-case-rate-reveals-flaws-in-florida-department-of-health-report/

ORLANDO, Fla. – For at least the past 11 days, the Florida Department of Health coronavirus report shows hundreds of laboratories are reporting 98 to 100% of COVID-19 tests are coming back positive and according to the DOH those statistics are because some private labs aren’t reporting their negative results at all.The daily coronavirus report produced by the Florida Department of Health lists all coronavirus tests and their outcomes --- positive, negative or inconclusive-- from private labs around the state and those outsourced to facilities outside Florida. A look back at the daily coronavirus report shows that as far back as July 4 labs across the state have reported positive cases above 98%.While some of those high statistics can be explained by the number of tests run, for example one out of one test, others cannot. Some of the private laboratories are not reporting any negative tests but hundreds of positive COVID-19 tests.

The DOH spokesperson said the state “will continue educating these labs on proper protocol for reporting COVID-19 test results.”

On July 4, more than 400 labs reported 100% positive cases, by July 15 more than 475 were showing 100% COVID-19 positive results, according to the state numbers.

However, the state numbers don’t just show only positive tests for smaller labs but also larger hospital-affiliated facilities. Lee Memorial Hospital and NCH Healthcare System in Southwest Florida, seven AdventHealth Centra Care locations around Central Florida and several Veterans Affairs medical centers across the state are also reporting only positive cases, according to the state report.

News 6 reached out to the facilities across Central Florida with high positivity rates in the state report.

A spokesperson with Advent Health said they were told by FDOH to only report positive cases. The hospital said it would make any changes to their reporting if requested by the state.

The FDOH did not return News 6's messages asking how labs are required to report their results.

AdventHealth said CentraCare rapid tests were coming back with a 15% positivity rate, not 100% like the state report shows.

Health First, a Brevard County health care provider, has seven labs with only positive test results, per the state numbers. A spokesperson for Health First disputed the DOH’s account saying the hospital system is reporting all of its test results to the state every day.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Class is over for today, you will not be charged for your first on line learning facility, maybe next time BRO.

ORLANDO, Fla. (CBS12) — A man who died in a motorcycle crash was counted as a COVID-19 death in Florida, according to a new report from FOX 35 Orlando.

According to the report, Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino was asked whether two coronavirus victims in their 20s had any underlying medical conditions that could have potentially made them more susceptible to the virus.

Pino's answer was that one of the two people who was listed as a COVID death actually died in a motorcycle crash. Despite health officials knowing the man died in a motorcycle crash, it is unclear whether or not his death was removed from the overall count in the state.

????‍♂️Dr. Pino tells FOX 35 that one "could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash."

Other discrepancies in Florida's coronavirus case numbers have also come into question.

CBS12 News reported Friday that dozens of Florida labs still report only positive COVID tests, skewing positivity rates, despite the positivity data being questioned earlier in the week

Edited by RANGER55

5 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Thailand has not had a first wave yet.

Its nonsense to talk of second wave............a second wave occurs after a city has had a first wave.  London and New York had a 1st wave and so far not any second wave.

Thailand, Vietnam, Australia etc... have not had a first wave at all - therefore they will continue to be at risk of a 1st wave for ever more until they have one - or a vaccine comes out in 1 year, or 5 years, or never.

Countries like the UK and USA and Sweden and Italy who had a real 1st wave - should now see the virus disappear in due course - more cases but less and less deaths until there are no deaths at all.  Herd immunity in place.

Countries who stopped themselves from having a 1st wave.......will live in fear, locked off from the world for ever more - if there is no vaccine.

What a load of rubbish. Thailand had the first wave and successfully contained it. Your so called real first wave countries made a mess of their approach. The situation in the USA is still out of control and there is NO herd immunity. 

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

What a load of rubbish. Thailand had the first wave and successfully contained it. Your so called real first wave countries made a mess of their approach. The situation in the USA is still out of control and there is NO herd immunity. 

Read post 49. If the US is out of control there is 23 major countries far worse out of control. They only do countries with a minimum population that has data.

23 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

Class is over for today, you will not be charged for your first on line learning facility, maybe next time BRO.

ORLANDO, Fla. (CBS12) — A man who died in a motorcycle crash was counted as a COVID-19 death in Florida, according to a new report from FOX 35 Orlando.

According to the report, Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino was asked whether two coronavirus victims in their 20s had any underlying medical conditions that could have potentially made them more susceptible to the virus.

Pino's answer was that one of the two people who was listed as a COVID death actually died in a motorcycle crash. Despite health officials knowing the man died in a motorcycle crash, it is unclear whether or not his death was removed from the overall count in the state.

????‍♂️Dr. Pino tells FOX 35 that one "could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash."

Other discrepancies in Florida's coronavirus case numbers have also come into question.

CBS12 News reported Friday that dozens of Florida labs still report only positive COVID tests, skewing positivity rates, despite the positivity data being questioned earlier in the week

You can go on all day with reports like this. Like I said, follow the money.

WELLINGTON, Fla. (CBS12) — A report from the Palm Beach County Medical examiner obtained by CBS12 News shows that a young Wellington nurse believed to have passed from COVID-19, was never infected with the virus at all. The report shows that 33-year-old Danielle DiCenso died from "complications of acute pyelonephritis," otherwise known as a kidney infection. DiCenso was quarantining at home when she died suddenly in her sleep. Before she passed away, DiCenso was tested for COVID-19 after she was reportedly exposed to the virus at work.

Her husband, David DiCenso told CBS12 News that the young nurse was not given proper PPE at her job at Palmetto General in Hialeah. He said she began experiencing coronavirus symptoms in late March, and her test came back inconclusive

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is completely impossible to make predictions that far in advance now.  But I really doubt the effects of this will continue to 2030! Even in the absence of a vaccine, the epidemic would burn out well before then.

Continued restrictions on international travel likely in many parts of the world through the end of this year and possibly the first half of 2021, is what I would predict at this stage.

The Common Cold didn't die out yet and that's a Corona Virus there's also no vaccine so I think it's too early to predict it will simple die out.
I wouldn't put too much hope in a vaccine either it probably won't be 100% efficient and who knows at this stage about side effects.