'Do you really need to party?' WHO asks world's youth

webfact

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Please, I didn't mess up anything, nobody asked my opinion.

The old rich folk who own the world are the ones to blame.

The corporations and governments bought and owned for the old rich people are also to blame.

Try placing the blame on the people who caused the mess, not the majority of innocent bystanders without the influence to play any part in the game.

In part you are right.

But at least in the democracies in this world voters could have voted for better politicians all over the world.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"Younger people also need to take on board that they have a responsibility," said WHO emergencies chief and father-of-three Mike Ryan in an online discussion. "Ask yourself the question: do I really need to go to that party?"

While I understand the sentiment, you ask many (not all I know) teenagers that question and they will look at you like you’re insane. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at the world today it should not be too difficult for the young people to see what the older generations f$#$# up over the last decades and centuries.

The world is anyhow going down the drain and life for the now young people will be likely difficult when they are older.

Having that in mind I think it's not too difficult to understand when they want to have some fun in their life.

Is there behavior responsible? No.

Was the behavior from all the older generations always responsible? No

Nobody should be surprised that the young act now like the former young acted 50 years ago.

You're talking about the West? 

There's young people in other parts of the world, eg in Thailand. 

WHO killed about 10x the deaths from corona already indirectly. Yes we do need to party and we will, because there is no reason not to and its more likely to die from alcohol poisoning.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Barmbeker said:

Oh, bull****!

There were hundreds every day, who sat together, drank together, party together- from the villages in Isan to Bangkok and beyond!

Thais are not the Ubermenschen, you (or your friend Yinn) make them out to be!

Motorcycle helmets, anyone!?

I cannot speak for all of Thailand , but where I was, the no gathering and drinking rule was fully adhered to 

• Haha 1

The WHO has no credibility and can't be trusted to recommend advise!

Feb 3,2020 .Did you really need to recommend! -

"on Monday there was no need for measures that “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” in trying to halt the spread of a coronavirus that has killed 361 people in China".

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-who/who-chief-says-widespread-travel-bans-not-needed-to-beat-china-virus-idUSKBN1ZX1H3

Three hundred and sixty one, grew to over 700k world wide. Many deaths are  because of your recommendations.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1