'Do you really need to party?' WHO asks world's youth

webfact

14 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

And it is long overdue you start asking yourself if they would be correct to look at you like this. 

Old people who worry too much are basically <deleted> up the entire world right now. Need proof? Look at Sweden. They are completely over this.

Its not the old people who are out spreading the virus , its the young people who are doing that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

I don't have evidence - just a bit of common sense!

Let me explain (as if it hasn't been done a thousand times already):

a) tests were and are not widely available. So far, only a miniscule number of Thais have been tested. Numbers range from 400k to 700k! That is 0.1% of the population.

Hardly reliable!

b) as far as I know, tests are only free, if you test positive for COVID! If you test negative, you have to pay! Depending on where you are and and what hospital you go to (...and if you are Thai or foreigner) the range is from 1.000 to 11.000 THB.

Let's take a low average of THB 3.000!

Now have a look at the people in Isan! Many as poor as a puddle of pee, even before the pandemic and now even poorer, as many of the drivers of Isan- economy (the working girls of Bangkok, Pattaya etc) lost their jobs!

Do you REALLY believe, anyone would risk a THB 3.000 - test, when they feel a little feverish, have a dry cough... instead of just buying some Tiffy or get some frog-poop-pills from the local village wizard and try to ride it out?

c) before you come with the "piles of corpses in the streets"- narrative: since it is tradition to burn the dead rather quick...nope...won't happen!

d) no one tested anyone who died for COVID! EVER! 

e) the oh-so-praised widespread wearing of masks: did you EVER take a look at HOW many people were wearing those masks?

Half of the day, they were used as chin-straps by food vendors and market stall- owners, touching all their stuff with bare hands, touching their masks, never washing their hands...

I know: where YOU ARE, everybody was 100% sanatized 24/7, right!?

f) remeber, when the fresh  markets were ALL shut down?

Yes?

Because I don't!

Where I live and work (between Suan Plu and Surawonge in Bangkok) I could name you at least 4 places, where the markets NEVER closed!

Was that ever controlled?

Of course not!

(So much for discipline!)

I would never call you stupid!

And if I would, it would not be the only point, I am making!

But maybe...JUST MAYBE...stop thinking about Thailand as a magical fairy- kingdom, where all the mistakes of other countries don't happen!

Unfortunately, your common-sense does not correlate with mine. There is no CV19 in Thailand the facts support that statement. 

Do you know anyone who knows anyone who knows someone who has contracted the virus?   No.............. I didn't think so. This infection is not something you can hide unless you are asymptomatic.... by definition 100% of the people could not be asymptomatic.

You can skirt over the extensive use of masks (especially in the early stages when there was a real risk of infection) which does help - even WHO now (eventually) recognise that.

You can dismiss the corpses in the street argument but the fact is that has been no increase in deaths in Thailand (therefor no impact from CV19 cases). Hospotals under pressure from CV19 admissions?..... No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good question from the WHO, and the answer is no.  The young people can

remember that corona virus is spreadable, and if they go into big groups

then come back to their parents homes to live in the basement, infect the

parents and old relatives, they should be held responsible for any deaths

they cause. This is how it should be, but the young generation does not

take responsibility for much of anything. That is just a Fact..  Sad but True.

Geezer

• Like 1

Not so long ago the younger generation was saying that the world was coming to an end because of climate change due to the lack of effort by politicians.

What was it Greta said? “The Older Generations Are Failing Us.” 

Seems the boots on the other foot now.

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

"Maybe you think that females, Thai females should be subordinates and never have a different opinion to you and to agree with you all the time ?"

Where - in the name of all that is holy - did that come from?

Maybe you should stop kissing behinds- Thais won't like you one iota more for doing it!

Her posts almost always close to being off- topic!

She constantly praises "her" people for being sooooo amazing and all foreigners (and their governments) for being stupid, citing the same charts over and over again!

And THAT is, what is being criticized!

But in that she's right. 

Look what's happening in the West with the pandemic, and then compare it to Thailand. 

• Confused 3

On 8/6/2020 at 7:29 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at the world today it should not be too difficult for the young people to see what the older generations f$#$# up over the last decades and centuries.

The world is anyhow going down the drain and life for the now young people will be likely difficult when they are older.

Having that in mind I think it's not too difficult to understand when they want to have some fun in their life.

Is there behavior responsible? No.

Was the behavior from all the older generations always responsible? No

Nobody should be surprised that the young act now like the former young acted 50 years ago.

Not really true. The older generation didn't jump from high buildings roof tops to roof tops. They didn't take selfie from fast moving trains either. Correct me if I am wrong. cheers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

Not really true. The older generation didn't jump from high buildings roof tops to roof tops. They didn't take selfie from fast moving trains either. Correct me if I am wrong. cheers

You're wrong. 

I was once young, and I jumped from tree to tree, from party to party, and from girl to girl. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

I am sure there are lots of things which the new generation do which the old generation didn't do.

But I am also sure that is true the other way around.

I.e. drunk driving was for a long time not see as a serious problem. And until relative recently nobody cared about pollution, poisonous rivers, and many other things which the young generation takes serious today.

I don't want to make any generation better or worse than they are. My point is I can understand that the young generation want some fun in their life and they don't take all the rules so serious - just like any young generation before them.

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure there are lots of things which the new generation do which the old generation didn't do.

But I am also sure that is true the other way around.

I.e. drunk driving was for a long time not see as a serious problem. And until relative recently nobody cared about pollution, poisonous rivers, and many other things which the young generation takes serious today.

I don't want to make any generation better or worse than they are. My point is I can understand that the young generation want some fun in their life and they don't take all the rules so serious - just like any young generation before them.

Sorry, I took environmental issues serious when I was young. I took the Meadows report serious, and I saw the upcoming North South conflict. I told them I would be on the side of the Global South - and was called a "terrorist" for that in Germany. 

Today's Western youth is a little late. Maybe too late, I don't care anymore. 

Don't know about other countries but in the UK the yoof go out and party a lot less now than we did in our day back in Suffolk. Reasons being pubs are more expensive, no one really drinks and drives anymore, taxi's are ridiculously expensive, and the main reason there is simply a lot more home entertainment these days with smart phones, Netflix and so on....the pub culture is not what it was now,. As for nightclubs, do they still exist, the 10 to 2 dance if you got lucky?

As for WHO, the one thing Trump has gone right is outing these fraudsters for what they are. Hasn't anyone told them yet that no one takes a blind bit of notice of what they say anymore?

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Don't know about other countries but in the UK the yoof go out and party a lot less now than we did in our day back in Suffolk. Reasons being pubs are more expensive, no one really drinks and drives anymore, taxi's are ridiculously expensive, and the main reason there is simply a lot more home entertainment these days with smart phones, Netflix and so on....the pub culture is not what it was now,. As for nightclubs, did they still exist, the 10 to 2 dance if you got lucky?

As for WHO, the one thing Trump has gone right is outing these fraudsters for what they are. Hasn't anyone told them yet that no one takes a blind bit of notice of what they say anymore?

WHO can close the borders. Then Trump's USA would be locked in. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, micmichd said:

WHO can close the borders. Then Trump's USA would be locked in. 

WHO can't even close the front door, much less get anywhere near Wuhan when it was essential to do so.  WHO are you kidding?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pookondee said:

I normally agree with most things you say, but here you are way off.

W.A is very isolated. they have no mass tourism.

The small people who go there are not likely to be infected.

I believe what they say, more than anywhere else in the world...

So whats happened to คนไทย??

Really? 

Once you did stand proud and tall, thinking nothing can beat you..

and look at you all now...you scared and want to hide away..from farang..

thinking ตายแล้ว is not such a joke anymore and its true...

but most get over this flu in 1 week, but Thai think its the death sentance via farang.... and not China??

WOW!!!

sad sad sad. 

so many Thai people fall for this media BS

The sad thing is that most Farangs here never really care about Thai people. 

So, why should Thais care about Farangs?

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, pookondee said:

I normally agree with most things you say, but here you are way off.

W.A is very isolated. they have no mass tourism.

The small people who go there are not likely to be infected.

I believe what they say, more than anywhere else in the world...

So whats happened to คนไทย??

Really? 

Once you did stand proud and tall, thinking nothing can beat you..

Still true. We beat covid. 

and look at you all now...you scared and want to hide away..from farang..

thinking ตายแล้ว is not such a joke anymore and its true...

but most get over this flu in 1 week, but Thai think its the death sentance via farang.... and not China??

More farangs have it than Chinese. 

In March we more worry about Chinese. Now is farang. Most covid is farang.

I not worry about farang. I worry about Burmese. They the border with India. I live Ranong, the border with Burma. 

WOW!!!

sad sad sad. 

so many Thai people fall for this media BS

Make me sad that you only read TVF for thai news. 

The translations make you think that. Tricky. 

“Based on a true story”. 

Show me in real Thai news. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

I don't have evidence - just a bit of common sense!

Let me explain (as if it hasn't been done a thousand times already):

a) tests were and are not widely available. So far, only a miniscule number of Thais have been tested. Numbers range from 400k to 700k! That is 0.1% of the population.

Hardly reliable!

You calculator hardly reliable. 

b) as far as I know, tests are only free, if you test positive for COVID! If you test negative, you have to pay! Depending on where you are and and what hospital you go to (...and if you are Thai or foreigner) the range is from 1.000 to 11.000 THB.

Let's take a low average of THB 3.000!

Now have a look at the people in Isan! Many as poor as a puddle of pee, even before the pandemic and now even poorer, as many of the drivers of Isan- economy (the working girls of Bangkok, Pattaya etc) lost their jobs!

Oh, Issan. Working girls Pattaya. 

Do you REALLY believe, anyone would risk a THB 3.000 - test, when they feel a little feverish, have a dry cough... instead of just buying some Tiffy or get some frog-poop-pills from the local village wizard and try to ride it out?

c) before you come with the "piles of corpses in the streets"- narrative: since it is tradition to burn the dead rather quick...nope...won't happen!

d) no one tested anyone who died for COVID! EVER! 

e) the oh-so-praised widespread wearing of masks: did you EVER take a look at HOW many people were wearing those masks?

Half of the day, they were used as chin-straps by food vendors and market stall- owners, touching all their stuff with bare hands, touching their masks, never washing their hands...

I know: where YOU ARE, everybody was 100% sanatized 24/7, right!?

You confused.

f) remeber, when the fresh  markets were ALL shut down?

Yes?

Because I don't!

Where I live and work (between Suan Plu and Surawonge in Bangkok) I could name you at least 4 places, where the markets NEVER closed!

People need food. 

Rule to wear the mask, hand sanitizer, social distance, plastic screen.

very successful.

I would never call you stupid!

And if I would, it would not be the only point, I am making!

But maybe...JUST MAYBE...stop thinking about Thailand as a magical fairy- kingdom, where all the mistakes of other countries don't happen!

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392083

Thailand tops global ranking for handling of Covid-19 crisis

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200617131619377

Due to the well-managed COVID-19 situation in Thailand, the kingdom has been receiving compliments from many countries as well as from the United Nations.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/who-praises-thailand-for-its-efforts-to-contain-covid-19/

The World Health Organization’s representative in Thailand has praised Thailand for its ability, to date, to contain the spread of COVID-19 and for being the first country, outside China, to identify a coronavirus as the cause

WHO, UNited Nations, world leader, Covid Organisation etc.?

or anti masker loon on Internet forum from high covid country?

874DAD2D-80C9-45A4-A274-66E3B493F454.thumb.jpeg.a8dc7f03da973da38949c1a691583896.jpegE0E81D37-C2EB-4C3B-8B7D-54FF5B131060.thumb.jpeg.04030309b764eed89dd1ca4023b55292.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

You can dismiss the corpses in the street argument but the fact is that has been no increase in deaths in Thailand (therefor no impact from CV19 cases). Hospotals under pressure from CV19 admissions?..... No.

Actually, according to the BBC from March 1 to May 31 "The number of deaths in Thailand has been 2% higher than average, with about 2,400 more people dying than usual." This excludes the month of February when things had already kicked off here with the first reported case on Jan. 31.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

Edited by vermin on arrival