Thailand to develop plan to allow foreign nationals to enter the kingdom

webfact

On 8/6/2020 at 8:35 AM, FarFlungFalang said:

It's called quarantine.Remember the story of the 500k baht to stay in your room.

That was the most ridiculous way these people are steering rubbish,I worked and lived in Tourism in  Mykonos Greece, they are paying for accommodation in 3 star hotel and providing food for all the quarantined period,who on earth wants to Quarantine themselves in 500k Extortionate ,if they have this kind of money to throw away,I would go to another destination, but not going anywhere is the wise decision,as we decided not to travel this season,had planned to be away all summer,too much stress and anxiety as we get older, drinking coconut juice every day, hanging out in a hammock and drifting away is the order of the day!❣️

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mrfill said:

And if it doesn't?

Your faith in their ability to manage a major outbreak is enchanting.

The UK is testing around 150,000 people per day, do you think Thailand has that capacity? In the UK tests are free so nobody has any qualms in getting tested, are the tests in Thailand still free everywhere? What sort of track and trace app does the country have in place? 

6 hours ago, Xaos said:

Many countries are open for travel and they busy, got friends youtubers travelers they travel as we speak. Travel for living. Went from phuket to  turkey portugal spain germany Netherlands and now in Albania, beaches in Albania packed no masks and no one dies. They going to Serbia then to Macedonia now. Its all bs in media. And u been fooled.

No covid test required to travel. Its all on yt for everyone to watch too. 

Its in polish so u can try subtitles if u want. Heres recent from Albania, compare beach to Thai beaches. 

True, there is some tourism in Europe, however to say people are being fooled is just ridiculous. The tourism industry is absolutely devastated right now, fact, 100%. I have a friend who works for Airbus and they are still not back to work where usually right now they are at peak season in Europe. Covid is very serious, people are dying, suggest you stop relying on "you tube" for your information and get yourself properly informed.

Why should Elite Visa holders be allowed into Thailand?  

Why not allow anyone to enter Thailand without quarantine for a single payment of 250,000 Baht?

Only a matter of time before Chinese package tours are exempted from all restrictions.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Yes they are allowed to apply to return at this time. 

That is not true. I am a Elite Card holder and I am desperately trying to get back into Thailand. I don't mind jumping through all the hoops (like the required 15 night quarantine, getting tested, health insurance, etc). I have been planning to move to Thailand and just sold my house, car, etc. Now I am stuck in the US and will probably have to find an AirBNB somewhere for a few months until things change.

I called the Thai embassy and the emailed the Thai company I purchased the Elite visa from - both said I cannot enter Thailand with the Elite Visa right now. I told them I have read on many media outlets that (such as Thai Visa, Thaiger, Bangkok Post) that Elite Visa holders were now allowed in the Kingdom. The person at the Thai embassy gave me the best line, "That is the media. We follow the law." LOL.  

If anyone knows a way for Elite Visa holders to get into Thailand, PLEASE let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plea to Thai PM to open borders

By Don Ross - August 7, 2020

BANGKOK, 7 August 2020: A well-known journalist and public relations consultant, Ken Scott, released a video this week presenting an impassioned plea to Thailand’s Prime Minister to reopen the country’s borders to tourism.

In the Youtube video Scott, who resides in Glasgow Scotland, launches into a three and half minute plea saying Thai tourism is dying and that the Thai Prime Minister, Prayut Chan-o-cha, is “unintentionally punishing Thai people” due to the strict restrictions on tourism.

As the founder and managing director of ScottAsia Communications, he presents five critical proposals for the PM to consider.

Read more: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/08/plea-to-thai-pm-to-open-borders/

• Like 1

Even if Thailand allows foreigners, almost no airline is flying anywhere internationally on a regular basis.  It's just these these occasional repatriation flights and probably some flights that are mostly for cargo.  Most people take connecting flights to Thailand so you need all air travel to open up more before Thailand can get the tourists coming even if they allow it.

It's no use doing it anyways if they want to keep requiring a 14 day quarantine in expensive hotels.  That's a deal breaker for the vast majority of tourists.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 7:05 AM, jojothai said:

He is most likely saying this just because he's been ordered to do this when he does not want too.

He may have also been ordered not to say anything foolish. ????

Looks like his whole press release is already stupid enough.

Sensational headline.  But it really means NOTHING new.

Nothing more than keeping their current entry restrictions.

I just don't understand what is that whole press conference was for.

Just wasting everyone's time including the speaker himself.

Edited by black tabby

16 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

True, there is some tourism in Europe, however to say people are being fooled is just ridiculous. The tourism industry is absolutely devastated right now, fact, 100%. I have a friend who works for Airbus and they are still not back to work where usually right now they are at peak season in Europe. Covid is very serious, people are dying, suggest you stop relying on "you tube" for your information and get yourself properly informed.

no its not, it killed less then seasonal flu

covid killed 0.009% of total population 

As well Tanzania is good example, got friends went there, they totally open, its african country, they rely on tourism mostly.

They had very short lockdown, then thier president said there is no covid cuz they pray for it.

Well guess what no one drops dead, they go as normal.

509 cases and 21 reported deaths for a fully open country where many tourists comes.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/tanzania/

U been fooled

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Puccini said:

Plea to Thai PM to open borders

By Don Ross - August 7, 2020

BANGKOK, 7 August 2020: A well-known journalist and public relations consultant, Ken Scott, released a video this week presenting an impassioned plea to Thailand’s Prime Minister to reopen the country’s borders to tourism.

In the Youtube video Scott, who resides in Glasgow Scotland, launches into a three and half minute plea saying Thai tourism is dying and that the Thai Prime Minister, Prayut Chan-o-cha, is “unintentionally punishing Thai people” due to the strict restrictions on tourism.

As the founder and managing director of ScottAsia Communications, he presents five critical proposals for the PM to consider.

Read more: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/08/plea-to-thai-pm-to-open-borders/

He resides in Glasgow?

Maybe he should be worrying about the state of affairs back there and telling the Scottish parliament or Westminster what they should be doing instead?

Looks like they need the help far more than Thailand does. 

Just another person that is bitter about being locked out of this country at the moment and probably can't get his Nat King.

Chok dee!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sammyinla said:

That is not true. I am a Elite Card holder and I am desperately trying to get back into Thailand. I don't mind jumping through all the hoops (like the required 15 night quarantine, getting tested, health insurance, etc). I have been planning to move to Thailand and just sold my house, car, etc. Now I am stuck in the US and will probably have to find an AirBNB somewhere for a few months until things change.

I called the Thai embassy and the emailed the Thai company I purchased the Elite visa from - both said I cannot enter Thailand with the Elite Visa right now. I told them I have read on many media outlets that (such as Thai Visa, Thaiger, Bangkok Post) that Elite Visa holders were now allowed in the Kingdom. The person at the Thai embassy gave me the best line, "That is the media. We follow the law." LOL.  

If anyone knows a way for Elite Visa holders to get into Thailand, PLEASE let me know. 

Thais follow the Law???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      News to me.......is the hooking still illegal too?

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, Grumpy John said:

As much as I would like to return to Australia to see my kids and grand kids the 14 day quarantine on return, even if in a luxury hotel paid for by the Thais, could be a real turkey shoot.  Sharing the room with Cindy and Vicky would be bearable I guess but my luck may see me sharing with Abdul and Ahmed!

OMG !  some people are so fussy.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:47 PM, Robin said:

Why should Elite Visa holders be allowed into Thailand?  

Why not allow anyone to enter Thailand without quarantine for a single payment of 250,000 Baht?

Only a matter of time before Chinese package tours are exempted from all restrictions.

Anyone who a wife and or children in Thailand should be allowed in now with a staycation

On 8/7/2020 at 5:43 PM, Sammyinla said:

Sorry, but why do you talk to these entities? Why did/Do you not contact the Elite headquarters who could given you a straight (squashing) answer? Members are not on "any allowed to enter" list

On 8/8/2020 at 4:42 AM, Xaos said:

509 cases and 21 reported deaths for a fully open country where many tourists comes.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/tanzania/

U been fooled

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

See line 166: no stats on Covid testing in Tanzania. Compare to line 5, South Africa, with 60m population, about the same, 3.4m tests, 60k cases, 12k deaths.

Looks like you're fooling yourself...