Thailand to develop plan to allow foreign nationals to enter the kingdom

webfact

36 minutes ago, gerogero7 said:

What about elite card holders? Are they now allowed to enter?

Yes. (Have to go through hoops of getting a COE first, insurance, COVID tests and quarantine on arrival at your own expense).

But there are still no commercisl flights and thus the only way in is a spot on a repatriation flight and those are hard to get. I haven't read  of anyone on Elite Visa getting one yet;  in most countries there is still a backlog of Thai citizens andd foreigners married to Thais seeking to reunite with their families awaiting spots on these flights.

If/ when commercial flights resume it may be easier.

In any event you need to contact your local Thai Embassy to register your desire to return and seek a COE. But they may say to wait until there are commercial flights.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jojothai said:

He is most likely saying this just because he's been ordered to do this when he does not want too.

He may have also been ordered not to say anything foolish. ????

He may for sure find that very difficult.

• Haha 1

I wish they would stop this nonsense. There is no need to continue to develop the plan to develop the plan to develop the plan for foreigners to enter. They can’t even handle a few visiting army personal from Israel let alone tourists. Just wait until Covid 19 is finished. 

Edited by wmlc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

As much as I would like to return to Australia to see my kids and grand kids the 14 day quarantine on return, even if in a luxury hotel paid for by the Thais, could be a real turkey shoot.  Sharing the room with Cindy and Vicky would be bearable I guess but my luck may see me sharing with Abdul and Ahmed!

That's if you ever get there as some my friends paid for the flight and the flight was cancelled.

You guessed it no refund.We might have to leave Thailand on the back of a buffalo come 26 sept. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

As much as I would like to return to Australia to see my kids and grand kids the 14 day quarantine on return, even if in a luxury hotel paid for by the Thais, could be a real turkey shoot.  Sharing the room with Cindy and Vicky would be bearable I guess but my luck may see me sharing with Abdul and Ahmed!

Cindy's ok but Vicky has a hairy chest ????

3 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

No "tourist" is going to go come to Thailand under these conditions.

Those who come for a long stay may well go through that process. 

The problem is do you trust Thai authorities to not let those in quarantine escapae into the night?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/08/05/no-immediate-plan-to-permit-more-foreigners-into-thailand/

BANGKOK — The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wednesday said there is currently no plan to expand the list of foreigners allowed to enter the country, including retirees with homes and families in Thailand.

Press officer Yajai Bunnag said only four groups of non-Thai nationals announced in the latest regulation are permitted into the Kingdom at the moment. They include those holding a certificate of permanent residency, a work permit, those who have a special arrangements with the government, and migrant workers.

So that just means One rule for the High connected an Migrant workers and a No No for the rest.

Isn't that Great So the High connected and Migrant workers can bring in the virus Freely

• Like 1