Why are people staying in Thailand when then can't meet TI's financial requirements?

Boomer6969

4 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I guess we would be considered the lower end of upper middle class at about $200K/yr. Once we paid off our mortgage we were getting killed with taxes, so I got my wife to retire early. 

I would consider anyone having to work beyond age 45 as 'poor'.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You haven't forgotten that you are on a Thai forum, have you?

Back in the real world having sex with strangers is normal behaviour for youths. Spring break and all that.

Lets not get into yet another discussion and young people and sex .

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I prefer them not to know where I live, or steal my stuff, or the neighbours seeing them.

260bht for 2 hours with nobody knowing your business (including her) is a bargain.

And the theme rooms are a bit of added fun.

LOL, Nobody knowing your business !!!!!

You posted the sperm stained sheets all over the internet !!!!

13 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

LOL, Nobody knowing your business !!!!!

You posted the sperm stained sheets all over the internet !!!!

that's virgin coconut oi, freshly pressed from his backyard tree.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I understood that the money has to be in a baht account.

Does not. I do my renewal at Chaeng Wattana with a FCD account in US$, a friend does it with UK pounds. Now, Immigration Offices may vary.

Edited by Enzian
Clarification.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You haven't forgotten that you are on a Thai forum, have you?

Back in the real world having sex with strangers is normal behaviour for youths. Spring break and all that.

I think you're forgetting quite a lot of western guys never have sex at all (with another person in the room).

I remember a pal, in his 40s came to Thailand, had only managed to bed a woman a couple of times, and she had his house off him in Oz. He managed to find a 'reputable' Thai girl in Pattaya, own business, own money, etc. who gave him a nasty disease.

I think that's the norm for most western guys.

My guesstimate, around 20% of guys in the west bang all the women, 80% get the leavings, if anything.

And a lot of them having big problems in Thailand, lose all their money to the first hooker that looks at them, etc.

Then come on this forum to diss all us guys that are still banging everything.

Nice guys come last (that's if they even manage to come much at all).

Edited by BritManToo
typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Back on topic : I dont want to tranfer 800 000 Baht over to a Thai bank account at the moment because of the low rates , IF the Pound went up to 50 , I would lose 25 %

One could reason if loss of 25% exchange rate of 800 000 baht in a Thai bank over a period of time has negative impact on ones financial future he may not be properly funded for retirement. 

One could also reason losing even 100% of 800 000 baht should not impact long term retirement plans.  Guys, that ain't much money.....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, steve187 said:

yes what do you know, its not easy going back to home country for some, that have been here a few years. 

"Not easy" is not impossible.  And the rules have been in place many years.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

One could reason if loss of 25% exchange rate of 800 000 baht in a Thai bank over a period of time has negative impact on ones financial future he may not be properly funded for retirement. 

One could also reason losing even 100% of 800 000 baht should not impact long term retirement plans.  Guys, that ain't much money.....

Maybe for you it ain't....????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

One could also reason it's more fun to play the game.

It was once for every nationality.

I am here permanently since 2000, on an extension based on retirement.
I still don't need any amount on a Thai bankaccount, if I don't want to.

I still don't need to transfer a minimum of 65000 monthly, I transfer what I want/need. 

This being Thailand, I am aware it can change tomorrow.

In fact the 65000, 400 & 800000 can change tomorrow.

Edited by luckyluke

20 hours ago, baansgr said:

Because even those with income or savings have had enough of copy this, copy that..picture this, picture that, wrong colour shirt, bank letter 2 minutes too old and numerous other things immigration throw at them....

100 percent correct. Why would go through all the bul#s^it, when I can pay a agent , spend 10 minutes in his office, and pretty much be guaranteed a visa. Like others here, have the money over 10 fold to do it right, but don't want the hassle. Sounds like you need to get a part time job for couple years to even afford a ticket here. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I think many people fail to realise that immigration conditions can changes at any time and those financial demands could change again and force out (or use agents) many people that feel comfortable now

COVID already changed the game, with most of their potential victims forced to leave the country, the immigration officers need for money to pay back the loan they took out to buy their jobs must be fairly severe by now.