Thailand road carnage video: "Miracle" escapes all round in remarkable accident

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Fifteen year old boy Chawanan on the motorcycle will have a story to tell for the rest of his life. He was only slightly hurt.

He was the luckiest one to escape that one... looks like he actually went under the spinning dust cart then emerged the other side... I want to know what amulet he was wearing..

As for the dust cart driver, lock him up for 5 years until he's had time to rethink his driving skills.

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

He was the luckiest one to escape that one... looks like he actually went under the spinning dust cart then emerged the other side... I want to know what amulet he was wearing..

As for the dust cart driver, lock him up for 5 years until he's had time to rethink his driving skills.

This one?

amulet motorcycle.JPG

• Haha 1

If the same logic were applied to the carnage on the highways, as with Covid, all highways would be shut down tomorrow, until some solutions to this mayhem were found. 

1000 deaths per month and who knows how many devastating injuries, yet life goes on and the highway patrol still refuses to patrol the highways, refuses to pull over drivers for reckless driving, and the administration still refuses to develop safety protocols, or address this in any meaningful manner. 

Under 60 deaths from Covid, and the entire nation's economy was shut down. Figure that one out. 

The situation on the roads here is nothing less than an abomination. 

• Like 1

What the heck is a "dust cart?" I kept searching the video for some little kid's toy wagon with a bit of dirt in the back. British English...

I'm kidding of course, both about not knowing what the kiddie-sounding term means and about British English. 

Just to head off anything about what "real English" is. Scholars of language (actual scholars like David Crystal and John McWhorter—not pedants like Bryan Garner and Robert Lowth) recognize all dialects of a language as equally valid rather than privileging any “home country.” Only linguistic amateurs argue about which is "real" or best." For example, I always find it amusing to hear people accusing Canadian French (Québécois) of not being "real" French. 

But anyway, I'm just glad everyone came out alive. The dog escape was amazing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I thought it was proper English without a dialect.

Proper english? So, they are known for hiding the reality and running from the truth regarding more than the Covid-19 pandemic.

Plain and simple! The car collect things that people throw in the garbage. It does not have people sweeping the streets and throwing the dust in the back.

Therefore, garbage truck! I think they really must learn how to talk true in England, and not just try to hide things behind fancy words.

Edited by Matzzon

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Proper english? So, they are known for hiding the reality and running from the truth regarding more than the Covid-19 pandemic.

Plain and simple! The car collect things that people throw in the garbage. It does not have people sweeping the streets and throwing the dust in the back.

Therefore, garbage truck! I think they really must learn how to talk true in England, and not just try to hide things behind fancy words.

Do "fancy" words like dust and cart really baffle you? Education must be lacking in your country even if English is not your first language.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Do "fancy" words like dust and cart really baffle you? Education must be lacking in your country even if English is not your first language.

Haha, nothing wrong with my education. As well as I can call things what it really is, I can also see the dangers with trying to hide from reality.

You must then have a superior intellect, coming from a place that creates bogus expressions to fit their fine and excellent behavior they think stands above the rest of the world. Don´t forget to hold you pointy nose up high. ????

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a crazy bar steward, driving the refuse truck like he was in a demolition derby.

Fortunately nobody killed, teenage boy, luckiest kid alive today.

I was like <deleted> heckers!  Im speechless... Need headcams on soi dogs... 24/7/365 crash coverage... 

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Haha, nothing wrong with my education. As well as I can call things what it really is, I can also see the dangers with trying to hide from reality.

You must then have a superior intellect, coming from a place that creates bogus expressions to fit their fine and excellent behavior they think stands above the rest of the world. Don´t forget to hold you pointy nose up high. ????

Dust cart is hardly hiding anything. I presume it has been carried over from the days when they really were horse drawn carts. Personally I call them bin wagons which is much more widely used. 

I come from a place that has created far more than bogus expressions. Seems you have a problem with the UK or is just jealousy? There's good and bad in every country and our history is not perfect. If you think you come from a perfect country then you are just deluding yourself. 

4 hours ago, chang1 said:

I presume it has been carried over from the days when they really were horse drawn carts.

Ever heard of the word evolution? If not, you just have to go back to the grave and ask Mr Darwin. 

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Ever heard of the word evolution? If not, you just have to go back to the grave and ask Mr Darwin. 

Read my post again and repeat until you understand that dust cart has evolved into things like bin wagon. 

On 8/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, trainman34014 said:

Welcome to Thailand where every driver thinks they are Lewis Hamilton !

I agree 100%, every day on the motorways and roads I just cannot believe the "bloody stupidity of Thai drivers".

They have to be the dumbest drivers in the world; <deleted> is going on inside their heads.  

And when there is an accident it's all I am sorry and politeness. 

I really don't think there is a solution to this problem, it's imbedded in their culture. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chang1 said:

Read my post again and repeat until you understand that dust cart has evolved into things like bin wagon. 

Not necessary! You write so intriguing new lines, so why would I bother to repeat the old ones?

By the way, still don´t understand them, though. ????

Now take your particle broom, put the unwanted material in the bin wagon and empty in in the dust cart. Then you can drive directly to the second hand field.