BANGKOK
webfact

Body of unidentified foreigner found on Krabi beach

54 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

How do you know who the statement came from?

..read the topic.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:58 AM, poloshirt said:

At 11 years old me and my 3 school mates were swept out by the sea but managed to swim back. The nightmare began when we found that we couldn't swim back to the shore. You respect the sea after that horrible experience.

The sea is not a place for swimming- if you understand that you will not drown in the sea. Yes, of course you could dip in the sea at the shallow part but not swimming out into the deep end.

An awareness of how to react can save lives. Of course it's better not to venture into the sea under adverse conditions. If swept away by currents just go with the flow and concentrate on staying buoyant. Most people underestimate the power of water currents and panic into exhaustion trying to swim against the flow. Normally if there are rip-tides or currents it will push you into calmer waters later from where either exit from the water or rescue can take place. Exhaustion and panic will often lead to drowning. If you are with others then stay together and keep each other calm. If more people were aware of this then fewer tragedies would occur. I have scuba dived in some coastal areas where just holding on to submerged rocks in the current was difficult - the water flow can be that powerful!

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:34 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

no joke, but a bill gates vaccine with tattoo might solve this problem for everyone / forever

🙂

And without the need to travel or go into the sea.