90 Day Reporting update

Just thought I'd pass my recent experiences on. May answer someone's questions. I'm a long term visa holder and been doing my 90 day reporting for the same residence for 20 years. My last couple attempts online have gone through but came back denied. When then doing in person I found out the reason for denial... I've been in country too long! I actually haven't been out of Thailand in some 5 years and apparently this is a red flag of sorts, at least at the One Stop Shop. BTW, online system has always worked well for me since it began. Just sayin.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the report.

I guess the issue your are facing can easily be solved when doing your next 1-year extension of stay application, just by asking your local IO to regularize your 90-day situation (it is they that have to approve it).

11 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Haven't stepped over a border in over 10 years, so am not in their database, so cannot do online.

That's indeed correct.  If you have never left Thailand since the database was set up (I believe some 7 year ago, but might be mistaken) you are not able to use the on-line 90-day reporting system.

But OP re-entered Thailand some 5 years ago, so normally should be able to do it on-line.  Hence my suggestion to query his IO about it on his next 1-year extension of stay application (or when he would be doing his 90-day report in person at his local IO).

I didn't leave the country for the last 8 years and on top of it have a new passport issued here in Thailand. I never had any problems at the immigration when doing 90 days. On top of it even online works now despite a new passport - didn't work before for many years. Did it now 2 times online already without a problem. 

4 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Right, he did say online worked for him. Think Ubonjoe knows the database creation date.

Early in 2013 is when it was setup. My last entry was in 2008. I don't have a record in the database for online reporting.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Early in 2013 is when it was setup. My last entry was in 2008. I don't have a record in the database for online reporting.

I entered Thailand the last time 2012. With the old passport I always could do online reporting. With the new passport (I never left the country with it) it started to work this year.