Village shop products

ozthaisurprise2020

4 minutes ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Really, I thought most villagers have their own rice from their farms, stored in Rich House. 

Waste of time if you have 5-10 products to sell! Yes many have own rice if have land, but like us we only put rice (sticky) to 2 rai. It's over always after harvest in 2-3 month coz hole family eat that. When over we buy from rice dealer 40-50 kilogram sack.

Not from local shop's. 

17 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Waste of time if you have 5-10 products to sell! Yes many have own rice if have land, but like us we only put rice (sticky) to 2 rai. It's over always after harvest in 2-3 month coz hole family eat that. When over we buy from rice dealer 40-50 kilogram sack.

Not from local shop's. 

Ok thx, but I would have more than 5 - 10 products. I was just after the most popular items Thai village buy each day or week, thx

Going solely on what I would buy daily in the village.   Top is booze and cold drinks. Basic cooking stuff, fish oil etc.  3 in 1 coffee.  Sweets and crisps.  Soap and wash powder. Small selection of first aid stuff.

Some veggies, few are grown in the hard baked clay soil there.  Gas bottles.   Ice.

Perhaps that will get you going while you suss out your market, what  the locals want.  My village has three shops in 100 metres. They all sell the same stuff.

Good luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

Going solely on what I would buy daily in the village.   Top is booze and cold drinks. Basic cooking stuff, fish oil etc.  3 in 1 coffee.  Sweets and crisps.  Soap and wash powder. Small selection of first aid stuff.

Some veggies, few are grown in the hard baked clay soil there.  Gas bottles.   Ice.

Perhaps that will get you going while you suss out your market, what  the locals want.  My village has three shops in 100 metres. They all sell the same stuff.

Good luck.

Thx. That’s why I asked the question. Maybe better to sell something entirely different and fairly cheap.

15 minutes ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Thx. That’s why I asked the question. Maybe better to sell something entirely different and fairly cheap.

Watch from other shops what they sell. What i buy when im in village home is: beer, pepsi,ice, soap ,all spices for thai food, some do your self man stuff(nail's,rope) etc., cicarette, once in month chance gas bottle. Even village cost 500 bth and town 350 bth mean gas bottle.

My wife had shop in our home, mother in law haddle that. But to us anyway that not give enough profit to continue. And mother in law have farm's to haddle also. If you have good place to park car and motor maybe you succeed. Location is main anyway.  Good luck ????

Edited by 2 is 1

2 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Watch from other shops what they sell. What i buy when im in village home is: beer, pepsi,ice, soap ,all spices for thai food, some do your self man stuff(nail's,rope) etc., cicarette, once in month chance gas bottle. Even village cost 500 bth and town 350 bth mean gas bottle.

My wife had shop in our home, mother in law haddle that. But to us anyway that not give enough profit to continue. And mother in law have farm's to haddle also. If you have good place to park car and motor maybe you succeed. Location is main anyway.  Good luck ????

Ok thx for that info. We have land 100 m just out of village on main road. Also other small larger village is about 20 min away and Surin City is 40 min away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot said:

All the above + Sunlight WU liquid (unless I missed it)

Also, beware of the Walls Ice Cream guys visiting. Any profit will be dented by the electricity costs for the supplied freezer.

Good luck!

Ok thx. Can I own a gun in Thailand, so I can say hello to the Wall Guys? Self serve ice cream, so just water and powder mixed together and straight into the Soft Serve machine. Cheers.

Thai whiskey (shots and bottle)

cigarettes (pack and singles)

beer 

cold drinks (variety)

ice

Isaan village. We’ve (wife) made 3 attempts . ... wasn’t enough profit to pay electricity. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

wasn’t enough profit to pay electricity.

Also "someone"  has to sit there all day everyday .. really boring after a while and not much good health wise

shop not open  0 profit,  close for too long customers go elsewhere some don't come back , hard to compete with 7/11  ????

1 hour ago, johng said:

Also "someone"  has to sit there all day everyday .. really boring after a while and not much good health wise

shop not open  0 profit,  close for too long customers go elsewhere some don't come back , hard to compete with 7/11  ????

Thx for this. My 2 sister-in-laws and family live next door and opposite, so always someone close by. No 7/11 close by, maybe 20-30 min motorbike ride away, cheers