BANGKOK
ozthaisurprise2020

Village shop products

Posted (edited)

Can anyone give me the top 5 - 10 products purchased by Thai people and maybe farangs, in a small Thai isaan village shop? Thx

Edited by ozthaisurprise2020

2 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

A shot of LaoKhao to kickstart the day.

LOL. Ok, but what other products sell well in a small isan Thai shop? Thx Nanglong218. Regards, ozthaisurprise2020

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Rice.

Really, I thought most villagers have their own rice from their farms, stored in Rice House. 

Edited by ozthaisurprise2020

4 minutes ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Really, I thought most villagers have their own rice from their farms, stored in Rich House. 

Waste of time if you have 5-10 products to sell! Yes many have own rice if have land, but like us we only put rice (sticky) to 2 rai. It's over always after harvest in 2-3 month coz hole family eat that. When over we buy from rice dealer 40-50 kilogram sack.

Not from local shop's. 

17 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Waste of time if you have 5-10 products to sell! Yes many have own rice if have land, but like us we only put rice (sticky) to 2 rai. It's over always after harvest in 2-3 month coz hole family eat that. When over we buy from rice dealer 40-50 kilogram sack.

Not from local shop's. 

Ok thx, but I would have more than 5 - 10 products. I was just after the most popular items Thai village buy each day or week, thx

Going solely on what I would buy daily in the village.   Top is booze and cold drinks. Basic cooking stuff, fish oil etc.  3 in 1 coffee.  Sweets and crisps.  Soap and wash powder. Small selection of first aid stuff.

Some veggies, few are grown in the hard baked clay soil there.  Gas bottles.   Ice.

Perhaps that will get you going while you suss out your market, what  the locals want.  My village has three shops in 100 metres. They all sell the same stuff.

Good luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

Going solely on what I would buy daily in the village.   Top is booze and cold drinks. Basic cooking stuff, fish oil etc.  3 in 1 coffee.  Sweets and crisps.  Soap and wash powder. Small selection of first aid stuff.

Some veggies, few are grown in the hard baked clay soil there.  Gas bottles.   Ice.

Perhaps that will get you going while you suss out your market, what  the locals want.  My village has three shops in 100 metres. They all sell the same stuff.

Good luck.

Thx. That’s why I asked the question. Maybe better to sell something entirely different and fairly cheap.

Rice whiskey, Beer, Cooking oil, snacks, sugar, MSG, soap, rice

• Like 1

Mama Noodles,Chang and Leo beer,ice,cigarette lighters,fish sauce.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ozthaisurprise2020 said:

Thx. That’s why I asked the question. Maybe better to sell something entirely different and fairly cheap.

Watch from other shops what they sell. What i buy when im in village home is: beer, pepsi,ice, soap ,all spices for thai food, some do your self man stuff(nail's,rope) etc., cicarette, once in month chance gas bottle. Even village cost 500 bth and town 350 bth mean gas bottle.

My wife had shop in our home, mother in law haddle that. But to us anyway that not give enough profit to continue. And mother in law have farm's to haddle also. If you have good place to park car and motor maybe you succeed. Location is main anyway.  Good luck 👍

Edited by 2 is 1

Lao Khao (Rice whiskey)

Beer (all varieties)

Cooking oil

Oyster sauce

Fish sauce

Soy sauce

Sugar

Sodium (MSG)

Cigarettes/tobacco/lighters

Bottled water

Noodle packs