I was wondering if anyone can tell me the actual requirements for the photo on the TM 7. I know the size is 4 x 6 and a passport size photo but what about any particulars such as No glasses? Or must wear glasses if needed? Background colors? Clothing requirements? Like white shirt and tie or blue shirt or whatever. In the past I just got photos similar to a US passport but now the US requires no glasses.

Not a big deal as long as taken within the last six months (not the same as last year).  AFAIK glasses have never been allowed on US passport photos - but you could wear frames without lens for photo (that dates back 50 years in my personal experience).  As said above normal official Thai requirement for photos is blue background but have never has issue with normal off white wall in my home.

• Thanks 1

There are no requirements to it, as long as it is a portrait of you (the size is stated on the form, but even that is not important)

I've used photos with different background colors (blue, white, grey), different sizes, always in casual clothes, in various different immigration offices, not once did somebody complain about my photo.

If they complain about your photo, it's because they want to give you problems, not because there actually is one. And in these cases they will always find a reason.

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not a big deal as long as taken within the last six months (not the same as last year).  AFAIK glasses have never been allowed on US passport photos - but you could wear frames without lens for photo (that dates back 50 years in my personal experience).  As said above normal official Thai requirement for photos is blue background but have never has issue with normal off white wall in my home.

I had to look it up but I know the rules for USA passport photo rule had changed recently:

https://www.traveldocs.com/blog/New-U.S.-Passport-Photo-Guidelines-blogpost128#:~:text=Starting November 1%2C 2016%2C eye,be allowed in passport photos.

9 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I know they required I wear frames only at DOS for my passport back in 1970 but in hindsight perhaps more to do with reflections than the glasses themselves.  Sorry.  I did remember my last passport here that the rules were no glasses for everyone now.

45 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Clothing requirements? Like white shirt and tie or blue shirt or whatever.

As far as clothing is concerned, I think that all you need to do is to ensure that the shirt you are wearing for the mug shots isn't the same (or even the same colour) as the one you wore for the previous year's mug shots! Might sound a tad pedantic, but I do recall reports on here in the past (although admittedly not recently) of extension of stay applicants being faulted by eagle-eyed IO's on this point.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2

I've only got one proper shirt and the only time I wear it is for visa photos, must be at least 10 years of photos with the same shirt.

I do my own photos, always against a cream color wall with same shirt and as I get older my face does not seem to change too much so the photos always seem to look very much the same.

Sometimes I try to vary the image a bit by having different hair lengths, but at my age don't have too much hair left to play with :whistling:

Getting to the point where I might just use one of my phots from a couple of years back and save the bother of making a new one this year :biggrin:

the now it's been the one same one in my photos. M