Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

lee b

I have had a few 'unusual' experiences. The only really personal one was a nightmare - it kept recurring about once a week for some months - I would be driving my Morris minor down a road at nighttime, and then the car would swerve and roll over and over - then i  would wake up. I sold the Morris and bought a Vauxhall One day later, i rolled the car on the M1 at night. Never had that dream again. Premonition?

Did have one ghostly event. I was working late at the office (an old converted house). There was reputed to be a ghost. The cleaner came in and i said I was the only one there. She told me there was a lady upstairs. I asked her to describe her - it matched the rumoured ghost perfectly.  I then went and checked, not a sign. The cleaner only came in at night and hadn't been there long.

Minor events, also a couple of others - curtains floating in the air on a windless evening, a kitchen appliance blowing up at about the time my wife's mother died. Enough, that sceptical as i am, I do keep an open mind about this.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rickudon said:

I have had a few 'unusual' experiences. The only really personal one was a nightmare - it kept recurring about once a week for some months - I would be driving my Morris minor down a road at nighttime, and then the car would swerve and roll over and over - then i  would wake up. I sold the Morris and bought a Vauxhall One day later, i rolled the car on the M1 at night. Never had that dream again. Premonition?

Did have one ghostly event. I was working late at the office (an old converted house). There was reputed to be a ghost. The cleaner came in and i said I was the only one there. She told me there was a lady upstairs. I asked her to describe her - it matched the rumoured ghost perfectly.  I then went and checked, not a sign. The cleaner only came in at night and hadn't been there long.

Minor events, also a couple of others - curtains floating in the air on a windless evening, a kitchen appliance blowing up at about the time my wife's mother died. Enough, that sceptical as i am, I do keep an open mind about this.

I too have a recurring dream or rather different dreams but the same theme and items involved. Won't go into that now but scientist have recently a 'mini' breakthrough about sleep. They have known (what they call) 'brain noise' during sleep but never been able to track it. New research has narrowed things down a lot (apparently) and they have found that the brain emits a wave that will enable them to distinguish daily or nocturnal condition. However, this is being done to help patients in a coma and nothing to do with the paranormal but one never knows what these researches will find along the way.

7 hours ago, azaazo9 said:

Interesting topic.

I don't beleive in ghosts, and I have never seen any of them. But I do have nightmares and sleep paralysis, maybe it's not paranormal, but it can be frightening experiences.

Have you ever sought treatment? Doubt if there would be any in Thailand but a telephone call to one of the universities that do research on the subject might be able to help.

• Like 1

Ok, here’s my story. I’ve seen “ghosts” three times. Twice it was the same one.

I rented a room in Penang for an extended period. It was a Chinese-run place in the Chinese part of town. Went to sleep one night, not long after dozing off I was woken by someone prodding me in the upper torso. I opened my eyes and saw a figure standing over me, then running away. He was wearing a t-shirt sort of thing with broad horizontal stripes, I would guess black and yellow – this all happened quickly. He was like an overgrown mama’s boy, the pushing 30 and still living at home type, short dark hair. The entrance to the room was right next to the bathroom, the bathroom had a window with glass slats that function like Venitian blinds, I’m sure all of you have seen these. The window did not open, and the door to the room was locked from the inside. No possible way a person could have exited.

Next time I’m in Savannakhet, Lao. A temple complex next to the river, and behind the temple is a hotel kind of campus with several small buildings, maybe 8 rooms per. I have a first floor room. Trying to take an afternoon nap, not really falling asleep, it’s getting dark early, lying on my back with my eyes closed (note: it is near impossible for me to sleep on my back, so if I’m lying on my back it means I’m not really trying). I open my eyes. I see a woman, advanced middle-aged, her face inches from mine. I suddenly sit up and shout! Strictly involuntary. She runs off into the bathroom, which has one window with glass blinds (like the other). No trace. I realize I acted like a character from the Caspar the Friendly Ghost comics I read as a kid.

ggggghost.gif.9b05d93b8cf49ab88bbdb611b0c9edf2.gif

Three: back in Penang, a few years later, same room, same bed, a replay of the first incident, poking about the shoulders, disappearing between the entrance and the bathroom. The Mama’s Boy ghost.

I don’t believe in ghosts, but I did experience these things. I call these “ghosts” for lack of a better term. I’m not inclined to read explanations of what these are, or any philosophy or message to be derived from these instances.

I told the old woman story to a lad in Lao and I could see it truly scared him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know a woman of Greek descent, first-generation US born.

He mother died. About 2 weeks later, she sees her mother in a dream. She is standing there waving goodbye. The next day, while having breakfast, her son (around 8 at the time) tells her he had a dream about grandma last night. Asked what happened in the dream, he said she just stood there, waving.

On 8/14/2020 at 8:23 AM, TKDfella said:

Have you ever sought treatment? Doubt if there would be any in Thailand but a telephone call to one of the universities that do research on the subject might be able to help.

Yes, I sought treatment in the past, but I was told that sleep paralysis is simply a sign that my body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep, and that is rarely linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems. But what I noticed is that it is linked with stres, at least in my case. 

29 minutes ago, azaazo9 said:

Yes, I sought treatment in the past, but I was told that sleep paralysis is simply a sign that my body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep, and that is rarely linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems. But what I noticed is that it is linked with stres, at least in my case. 

Thanks for the reply. Hope you've conquered the stress, it can be a killer.

• Like 1