Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

lee b

8 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I can , but you would just say you dont believe it, so, I wont bother 

Why don't you tell us of your experience if this thread is for people to share them? Your first post said no one would believe you but you haven't even given it a chance. Sure there's some who won't believe you, but others with their own experiences most likely will.

• Like 2

In the past few years I have been waking up at nights, and with my eyes still closed I will see faces and figures in the darkness. The murals look something like the depictions painted centuries ago of what hell looks like, and at other times the figures are more angelic with lots of flowers in the background. With my eyes still closed, if I try to focus in on a particular face I can't seem to get close enough to see the distinguishing features. After just 1-2 minutes the mirage disappears and I see nothing but darkness. I would suppose it has something to do with making a connection with my penial gland while sleeping. This is supposed to be the higher purpose of meditation...to be able to see into another dimension. All I can say is I've never seen these images in real life, so it is not something stored in my memory. 

Why pineal gland is known as Third Eye?
The pineal gland was commonly dubbed the “third eye” for many reasons, including its location deep in the center of the brain and its connection to light. Mystic and esoteric spiritual traditions suggest it serves as a metaphysical connection between the physical and spiritual worlds.
  • Like 2

Have a number of personal stories and several more involving close family members. I wrote about this one on another site once but am too lazy to go and find it so will just write it again.

Almost three years ago in an older style hotel in Niagara Falls. Woke in the very early hours to the Thai wife seemingly trying to utter something, but could not make it out. I'm on my side facing away from her and thinking it was just her having a bit of a nightmare did not disturb her. I noticed the room seemed very cold, colder than it had been. As I fell asleep I heard something near the room door but just put it down to someone shoving the account statement under it as happens in many hotels. Next morning not sure how it came up but the wife tells me she woke to a presence standing over her and pressing on her chest. She swears she was awake and tried to wake me by voice but nothing coherent would come out. She said even though she was terrified she fell back to sleep immediately the presence ended. And that noise near the room door...next morning a pad of post-it notes that had been on the table near the window was 5-6 meters away lying at the foot of the closed and bolted room door. I later did some research on the hotel and while it has a colourful past, don't recall that I found anything on it being haunted. It actually has a higher profile for a historical UFO related event. We were only staying that one night and in the unlikely event we were ever to return to Niagara Falls, I wouldn't stay there.

• Like 1

Last time I had anything like this was when I was in my teens and a group of us went for a trip to Wales.

Woke up at 5am and all started picking these fabulous little mushrooms.

The drive back was very interesting .

Managed to get the car stuck in an alley and we stopped at a red raffic light for what seemed like hours

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

LOL. You missed the point , I didnt actually necessary mean the Concord , that was just a random example of not being able to prove that you saw something  , and just because you cannot prove you saw something, that doesnt mean that you didnt see it 

at  least  im not  missing my marbles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Absolutely ! I took a young lady home last week to see my etchings, and the following morning she refused the money I offered her, cleaned my apartment, and washed all the dirty dishes, collected and washed all the laundry, and hung it out to dry ????

dont invite yer wife out next time

23 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Go to the Killing Fields in Cambodia or Gettysburg battlefield in Pa... see if you feel anything there. 

The entire  planet is  doubtless covered  with corpses of trillions of dead  things over the aeons, Im already there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thequietman said:

No, it's not. It's a simple response - show it, him, her, the thing, the object to me, or show me scientific proof, that it exists. If you can't, then it doesn't.  ????

Show me your consciousness

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In 1964 the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) offered to pay out one million U.S. dollars to anyone who could demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. Over a thousand people applied to take it, but in the 51 years it was going, not a single person could prove that paranormal/supernatural activity was real……and that was with a $1 million incentive. Due to a complete lack of evidence, the challenge was terminated in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

• Like 2

I haven't but possibly my brother in Australia. My brother and my mother were very close and when she died in a traffic accident he was at her side when she died without recovering consciousness in hospital. She was to be cremated but my brother had no wish to go to the service as he was too upset and he isn't religious anyway. The cremation took place many miles from where he lived and he had no idea where it was. Coincidentally on the day of the cremation (he didn't even know which day it was to be) he took a long drive on his BMW motorbike and then feeling tired he pulled in to a car park with lots of cars in it in front of a large building, he thought it may be a restaurant or the like, it was a crematorium and my mother's service was being held at that moment, it freaked him out a little. Of course this could just be a weird coincidence.

At one of the houses I lived in back in the UK, I had a weird experience. It started with a faint whisper in my ear. First few times just thought it was my imagination so thought nothing more.

It happened a few more times over a few weeks, and the last time I was sitting on a chair in the house alone and I just jokingly said out loud 'sorry I can't hear you'. My heart jumped when the voice shouted back loudly for a second in my hear in a girls voice with laughter at the end. I was just stunned and in shock and told myself that did not really happen.

I stopped myself thinking about it as it seemed dumb. However, about a week later I started to see a vision of a small girl out if the corner of my eye about once a week. If I turned my eye to look properly she would vanish. 

The house was new, but the girl was dressed in old fashioned clothes. Always the same clothes, white and red dress, white socks and black shoes. She had medium length black hair. 

She would always be at an angle so I could not see her face.

Again I would only see her for a split second.  And sometimes hear her her laugh like she was just playing. I never felt scared. Sometimes she would be crouching down on the floor in a room when I opened the door...like she was playing hide and seek and sometimes she would laugh sweetly or say something so quiet I could never hear.

This went on for many months, and it just seemed normal and I never told anyone about it, actually just thinking I did not really believe it myself.

But the last time I saw her was scary.  I was in bed in the morning and I woke to hear the whispering girls voice in my ear and swear I could feel her breath on my neck. I was not scared and half asleep as a rolled over to look in the direction of the voice. I opened my eyes to see her standing clearly right Infront of me, her face next to mine, her face was white and misty / blurred and here eyes were dark and blurred also.  I went cold and was really shocked and scared. I shut my eyes and opened them again, expecting her to have vanished like all the other times I saw her from the corner of my eye. But she was still there and she laughed again (not nasty, just like she was happy). I closed my eyes again and shouted at her...telling her that this was not funny. When I opened my eyes again she had vanished. 

My shout woke up my partner and I just explained I had a bad dream. My heart was still racing.

After that encounter I never saw her again, or heard her whispering or laughing softly. I would expect to see her crouching against a wall or standing in a room when I entered, but she was gone.  I actually felt a bit sad and guilty for shouting angrily at her when I saw her at my bedside. I think she did not mean to startle me, and I scared her off.

I don't believe in ghosts, and think there must be some scientific explanation for it, maybe she was energy of her past life, or some link to a parallel universe / time period. 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems like almost all Thais believe in ghosts. And almost all Thais who I asked about it told me they saw ghosts.

I never saw any ghost.

So which one is true?

It's obviously difficult to impossible to prove that something does not exist.

But there is also the issue that sometimes we believe we see or hear something for the first time and in reality it isn't the first time.

I.e. maybe at some stage you saw that guy or a picture of him and maybe you knew he was living there and forgot about it. But then somehow you, or your subconscious, remembered something. 

Was what you saw real?

Did you imagine it?

Why like this and not different?

I think nobody really knows. It's very unlikely but is it impossible? I guess it is possible.

I think the important part is what you "learn" from this. Will it change your behavior or attitudes in any way? Do you think you should change in any way? Or was is just an interesting experience and that's it?

You never saw a ghost because you didn't expect to see one. 

Don't underestimate the role of expectations towards perception. 

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

Why don't you tell us of your experience if this thread is for people to share them? Your first post said no one would believe you but you haven't even given it a chance. Sure there's some who won't believe you, but others with their own experiences most likely will.

Another time, not here in this thread

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, thequietman said:

No, it's not. It's a simple response - show it, him, her, the thing, the object to me, or show me scientific proof, that it exists. If you can't, then it doesn't.  ????

Too simplistic. There are many, many things that science is unable to explain. We're still learning and no doubt have a very long way to go.

• Like 1

When I was very, very small, not much more than a baby, I started singing a nursery rhyme and my mother asked me how I knew it as she hadn't taught it to me. I apparently told her that a nice old lady had sat on my bed and taught it to me. Both my mother and my sister claim to have seen her, and I'm rather disappointed that I never did. The house, a terraced place in London, was around 100 years old at the time, so who knows what the history of it was.

• Like 1