Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

lee b

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I was with a Thai girl recently in a hotel room.  About an hour after we went to sleep, we woke up by the entire light system in the room flickering.  Then, full on and full off for a few seconds.  On and off, on and off.  After a few minutes it stopped.  She insisted it was a ghost and someone had previously died in the room.  She did not sleep most of the night and the next morning insisted we change rooms, which we did.

Was that in Phuket? Maybe  I've slept in that room. Freaked me out waking by myself  to every light going on and off. I thought it was a bad electrician. I had left the bathroom light on and when I turned it off all was better.

13 hours ago, TheAceFace said:
19 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

A very personal experience.. my mother died young from a very nasty rare cancer..it was a horrible way to go..  it was a very traumatic time for all of the family.  A few weeks after the funeral I woke one morning to see her standing at the foot of my bed.. she didn't say anything but looked very peaceful and I had the feeling that she was saying that 'I am ok..'.. she faded away and that was the first and last time I had such an experience... Make of it what you will.. I have no explanation..

I believe you, I had the exact same thing happen......and it was real. And yes she said Im ok, broke my heart and woke up crying, dream maybe but I doubt it. Never happened since.

This could be down to wishful thinking, with the mind, your sub-conscious, telling you what you want to see or hear. Especially when it happens as you wake up.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

9 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:
20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Too simplistic. There are many, many things that science is unable to explain. We're still learning and no doubt have a very long way to go.

Name 10 things that science is unable to explain?

Do your own research if you are actually interested rather than being argumentative.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I was with a Thai girl recently in a hotel room.  About an hour after we went to sleep, we woke up by the entire light system in the room flickering.  Then, full on and full off for a few seconds.  On and off, on and off.  After a few minutes it stopped.  She insisted it was a ghost and someone had previously died in the room.  She did not sleep most of the night and the next morning insisted we change rooms, which we did.

Thai superstition!...it was probably the (para)normal faulty electrics

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have never seen a ghost but had been told stories by Thais that a dead persons spirit will try to go back to where the person lived.

A friend from the unit next to mine had just died and when I got home that evening, about 9pm, a small dove was flying around the balcony and eventually dropped to the floor through exhaustion. Remembering what I had been told, I sat on the steps talking to the dove (stop laughing) for 10 minutes or so. The dove did not move until I stood up and it then flew away. Nothing remarkable there.

The next morning I looked at my watch for the time. The watch was working normally but when checked against the computer it was 12 minutes slow. It had never lost time before or since that incident. Coincidence, possibly, but maybe the dove was my friends spirit trying to go home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will chime in as I don't care either way what people think. Yes from a very early age all the way to not so long ago as the last time in my home here in CM that was a really good one. All family were on to that one and I knew who it was! The last place I lived before making and buying this house was a good one too that had all the Thai neighbors talking on a few instances. That was next to a crematorium. Too many to mention. Sort of runs in my USA growing up family. Me, my mom, sister, middle brother but not eldest brother or my dad. You can know or just believe or not believe and just think people have vivid imaginations or a little off base. Up to you. Had a fair amount happen here in Thailand

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do your own research if you are actually interested rather than being argumentative.

Not being particularly argumentative but when you come up with a sweeping statement like 'There are many, many things that science is unable to explain' I would counter that science has been able to explain pretty much everything, but if you really believe this then it shouldn't be a problem for you to name a few of these 'things'. Look I'll even get you started https://www.sciencealert.com/9-phenomena-that-science-still-can-t-explain but I would also counter these are really small, individual things and the really big things, the universe, the observable world, religion, ghosts etc have been pretty much explained.

P.S. Don't take things so personally. It is an open forum for discussion after all.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Another time, not here in this thread

Ok, fair enough. I've personally seen and felt ghosts both in Thailand and the UK. My most recent experience was different to others where a plume of smoke appeared and disappeared a couple of times in my office. It went very cold especially as it moved over my shoulder. I guess that could have been a spirit. I've never experienced it before that or after that in my office. The most recent ghost I saw was a baby while on holiday that crawled out of a wardrobe, up to my bed, laughed as it got to me, then crawled back in the wardrobe. We changed room the next night. I can't explain the things I have seen or felt, nor can I expect others to believe me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Although this is a thread about peoples paranormal experiences and its not about whether paranormal things  can happen or not 

So, what do you call "paranormal"? 

My disgusting neighbours in Heidelberg (Germany) called my long-distance relationship with a Thai lady paranormal, even mental doctors in Heidelberg did. 

No one has mentioned seances , Anyone see 'Seance on a wet afternoon '  1964 abouts.

My mother in the '50s was into seances , I remember going to one , or rather being taken to one . The house was above the river Mole and a scary looking place , I think I turned round and went home . My mother did tell of the seances she went to.  During one she saw what looked like a Chinaman sitting in the corner , a friend of my mother later said she saw him too. He was not one of the guests. Another time she saw a trumpet flying round the room.

A very good mate and 2 pals did the ouija   board thing.  He told me it happened some years earlier , they both left my mates house in the early hours.  One fell off his bike on a straight road in the dry , the other one died after a branch from a tree hit him. My mate said he woke up in his dark room and at about the same time to see something even more black go from the floor to the ceiling. He never indulged in anything weird again.

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The phenomenon of seeing patterns in randomness, which is called pareidolia, is fairly common. Neurotic people may be more likely to experience it. While pareidolia was at one time thought to be related to psychosis, it's now generally recognised as a perfectly healthy tendency.

A facet of this bizarre bug of the minds eye is to see ‘humanoid shapes’.

Shortly after I lost my Grandmother, I recall waking and sitting up in bed and seeing my grandmother, waving at me. 

It was pitch black in the room apart from this ‘moving image. I sat a little more upright and the image disappeared. 

Within about 30 seconds as I woke with greater mental clarity I saw the fan rotating and reflecting a slight light through a gap in the curtains - The waiving was the motion of the fan. 

What initially thought was a ghost of my dear granny was readily explained by reality as nothing more than a rotating fan - In my semi-conscious state my mind saw what it wanted to see. 

I wonder if people who can’t readily explain their ‘visions’ with reality can’t do so out of a lack of critical thought and a huge dollop of wishful thinking. 

That's fine they have a new label for it. 

So, my long-distance relationship and my tendencies to make it a short-distance relationship in a multi-generational commune would not be regarded as a psychosis anymore. 

But I'm afraid in the superstitious West they would still not accept it as "normal" They didn't even accept video telephone calls as "normal" 

25 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

OK, very briefly , 30 odd years ago  , myself and the family were walking in the fields next to a 400 year old large  house (with a history) , dark field at night , a man all dressed in white and wearing old fashioned clothes ran past us, (in front of us) , I can still recall his face and facial expression to this day , I noticed him and said to my mum, "how come that mans feet arent touching the ground" .

I guess that older buildings have more history and so there is more chance of meeting an unsettled soul. My first true sighting was while working in a supermarket while at college. As I was filling the shelves up at the end of the night a man appeared wearing old brown rags walking slowly, and disappeared through the next line of shelves. I found out afterwards that the supermarket was built on grounds belonging to the old castle. Other staff members told me of their experiences after too and a few time people would run out of the smoking room due to an encounter. The warehouse which I spent a long time in also shook people up and I had felt presences telling me aggressively to go away. 

Edited by alien365
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

You never saw a ghost because you didn't expect to see one. 

Don't underestimate the role of expectations towards perception. 

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception

That reminds me of the little brother of my girlfriend (yes, he is her brother, I know him since he was 12).

One night he was totally wasted and behaved like a total a$@%##$. The next day I thought everybody would give him trouble. No.

The whole family was convinced that because he drunk he was week and that allowed a ghost to take over his body and behave like that. It wasn't him and it wasn't his fault. TiT...

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of the little brother of my girlfriend (yes, he is her brother, I know him since he was 12).

One night he was totally wasted and behaved like a total a$@%##$. The next day I thought everybody would give him trouble. No.

The whole family was convinced that because he drunk he was week and that allowed a ghost to take over his body and behave like that. It wasn't him and it wasn't his fault. TiT...

I was seen in one of my favourite bars in Heidelberg in 2016,  and I even got invitations for a beer there. 

Wishful perception. I left Heidelberg in May 2014, and never ever came back. So, I'm actually a ghost. 

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I saw a ghost, and my Thai wife saw it too.

It woke us both up at the same time.

Perhaps you forgot to leave food for them , ศาลพระภูมิ ????????????

Edited by The Theory

On 8/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, lee b said:

Have any of you ever seen or heard anything? Or are you just 100% none believers? Would be good to hear read some comments what ever they are.

I read it somewhere that when someone get too close to the other side seeing things on the other side begins. ????????

Or caused by great stuff and going back to the same dealer recommended. 
????????

• Haha 1