Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

lee b

2 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I read it somewhere that when someone get too close to the other side seeing things on the other side begins. ????????

Or caused by great stuff and going back to the same dealer recommended. 
????????

The drink drugs joke has been done numerous times already 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Theory said:

I read it somewhere that when someone get too close to the other side seeing things on the other side begins. ????????

Or caused by great stuff and going back to the same dealer recommended. 
????????

It's either your lucky or unlucky to encounter one (depends on what you are encountering) or you are more naturally in-tune and open to be subjected to feeling and sight. Sometimes you could get run through, get a weird feeling and never even chalk it up to a visit. Still in this world, you either have or you either have not. But most people will think there is something to it. and there is.

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not being particularly argumentative but when you come up with a sweeping statement like 'There are many, many things that science is unable to explain' I would counter that science has been able to explain pretty much everything, but if you really believe this then it shouldn't be a problem for you to name a few of these 'things'. Look I'll even get you started https://www.sciencealert.com/9-phenomena-that-science-still-can-t-explain but I would also counter these are really small, individual things and the really big things, the universe, the observable world, religion, ghosts etc have been pretty much explained.

P.S. Don't take things so personally. It is an open forum for discussion after all.

Are you suggesting that or our scientific knowledge is pretty well a 'done thing' and we have answers for most phenomena? We don't how the Big Bang was instigated or what there was before it; we don't know what DM and DE are yet they dominate the universe; we don't why the 'constants' of Physics (involved in everyone's life everyday) are what they are or why they should be just right for us to exist; we don't know (yet) what drives the vast majority of strong magnetic fields on the Sun (and that's just one of the many things we don't know about our own Solar system); what happened to the matter anti-matter balance or even if there was one to begin with; and don't forget we haven't a clue about what happens past the Event Horizon of a Black Hole...we THINK our Physics and maths break down at that point...but we could be wrong; why is there an 'arrow of time' and is entropy connected to this or not (scientists have different views on this...in other words we don't know); Not to forget the most fundamental, why Gravity and the three other forces of nature still remain irreconcilable. And have you ever heard of the Fermi Paradox? was there or is there evidence of life on Mars? (NASA's Rover has been roaming around there for 8 years and we still don't know. (So more probes are planned). And what about Neutrinos? We know that billions pass through our bodies yet we can't catch the little critters to examine what they really are.

Now that's just a few 'on the back of an envelope' that spring to mind and there are a great deal more. We have a long way to go yet.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jesimps said:

An interesting question to all the ghosty non-believers on here would be "Do you believe in God and Jesus?" They're paranormal beings. Jesus definitely was if he really rose from the dead. I'm not religious and I'm very skeptical about gods and prophets. I think I possibly saw ghosts when I was very young, but it could just have been my childish imagination. They could be something to do with dimension jumping, although after all the reports of them over the centuries, you'd think that someone would have found irrefutable proof of their existance by now.

Do not believe in any big beard in the sky either. Just another creation myth.

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Are you suggesting that or our scientific knowledge is pretty well a 'done thing' and we have answers for most phenomena? We don't how the Big Bang was instigated or what there was before it; we don't know what DM and DE are yet they dominate the universe; we don't why the 'constants' of Physics (involved in everyone's life everyday) are what they are or why they should be just right for us to exist; we don't know (yet) what drives the vast majority of strong magnetic fields on the Sun (and that's just one of the many things we don't know about our own Solar system); what happened to the matter anti-matter balance or even if there was one to begin with; and don't forget we haven't a clue about what happens past the Event Horizon of a Black Hole...we THINK our Physics and maths break down at that point...but we could be wrong; why is there an 'arrow of time' and is entropy connected to this or not (scientists have different views on this...in other words we don't know); Not to forget the most fundamental, why Gravity and the three other forces of nature still remain irreconcilable. And have you ever heard of the Fermi Paradox? was there or is there evidence of life on Mars? (NASA's Rover has been roaming around there for 8 years and we still don't know. (So more probes are planned). And what about Neutrinos? We know that billions pass through our bodies yet we can't catch the little critters to examine what they really are.

Now that's just a few 'on the back of an envelope' that spring to mind and there are a great deal more. We have a long way to go yet.

Yes  but we dont go  around saying its a  ghost, we simply say we dont know.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:24 AM, BritManToo said:

I saw a ghost, and my Thai wife saw it too.

It woke us both up at the same time.

You saw what you interpret or believe to be a "ghost". BOO! ????

Thais don't count...they ALL see ghosts ALL the time. :vampire:

On 8/6/2020 at 3:35 AM, carlyai said:

I meditate most days. One of my meditations was visualization letting bright happy light fill the body, area, room, village and keep expanding to fill the earth, planets, universe. So you go as far as you can into the universe as it flashes by. One day on this journey I saw God. I've been meditating for a few years and have only ever seen this once. And I don't drink Chang.

How can you possibly say you saw "god"? Which god? Whose god? DEFINE "god". You imagined something you claim to be "god" while in an altered subconscious state, but how do you go about demonstrating that your actually "saw God"? Your personal daydream isn't evidence of anything. 

Have another Chang. ????

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bodga said:

Yes  but we dont go  around saying its a  ghost, we simply say we dont know.

My comment was not in reply to 'ghost', it was a reply to '.........I would counter that science has been able to explain pretty much everything.....' which is simply not true at this time. So your comment doesn't apply. I comment on strange (paranormal) phenomena in my former post #138, which perhaps you hadn't read.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:57 AM, lee b said:

Exactly, thats the point of my post to see learn about other peoples experiences. Many people are fully aware that there could be something else, but would never admit to it, but thats ok, each to his own.

It's not that they would 'never admit to it', but the problem is rather those whom just suddenly jump to wild conclusions. IF there were credible, repeatable demonstrable evidence...not just a random personal story...then many would be more accepting. The time to start accepting and believing anything is when there is sufficient good reason and not a moment before. 

I don't doubt that any of you had an inexplicable experience. But just because someone can't explain something or understand it, by no measure means the "supernatural" or "ghost" or "god" jumped-to-conclusion is the answer. It's not even a valid start. 

Though always makes for a better story. ????

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:02 AM, lee b said:

Tell that to Zak Bagans ????

C'mon! All fluff. He's a fraud. I tried watching one of his supposed "best" evidence shows. It was vapid and ridiculous. All the players were trying to sell their stories for money/movies. They run around yelling at empty, dark spaces and show off photos and graphics which show nothing, but they keep oohing and ahh-ing and showing nothing. What a farce. It's for entertainment, but nothing more. ????

https://www.tvovermind.com/zak-bagans-just-big-ol-fraud/

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:19 AM, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, but how do you explain when four people all saw the same thing ?.

I call it massive BS, but...

A mass hallucination is a phenomenon in which a large group of people, usually in physical proximity to each other, all experience the same hallucination simultaneously. Mass hallucination is a common explanation for mass UFO sightings, appearances of the Virgin Mary, and other paranormal phenomena. ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 5:23 AM, bodga said:

So will you be  claiming Randis  prize  money?

It's not offered any longer, but only because it was a colossal waste if time. Over 1000 tried and they all failed miserably. They stopped letting fools and frauds waste their time in 2015. ????:cheesy: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

A mass hallucination is a phenomenon in which a large group of people, usually in physical proximity to each other, all experience the same hallucination simultaneously. Mass hallucination is a common explanation for mass UFO sightings, appearances of the Virgin Mary, and other paranormal phenomena.

A mass hallucination is a phenomenon in which a large group of people, usually in physical proximity to each other, all experience the same hallucination simultaneously. Mass hallucination is a common explanation for mass UFO sightings, appearances of the Virgin Mary, and other paranormal phenomena.

In most cases, mass hallucination refers to a combination of suggestion and pareidolia, wherein one person will see, or pretend to see, something unusual (like the face of Jesus in the burn-marks on a tortilla, or the face of a kidnapped girl on a blank billboard) and point it out to other people. Having been told what to look for, those other people will consciously or unconsciously convince themselves to recognize the apparition, and will in turn point it out to others.

• Like 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

A mass hallucination is a phenomenon in which a large group of people, usually in physical proximity to each other, all experience the same hallucination simultaneously. Mass hallucination is a common explanation for mass UFO sightings, appearances of the Virgin Mary, and other paranormal phenomena.

In most cases, mass hallucination refers to a combination of suggestion and pareidolia, wherein one person will see, or pretend to see, something unusual (like the face of Jesus in the burn-marks on a tortilla, or the face of a kidnapped girl on a blank billboard) and point it out to other people. Having been told what to look for, those other people will consciously or unconsciously convince themselves to recognize the apparition, and will in turn point it out to others.

You deliberately missed out the second part of the explanation .

There was no suggestion made by us at the time   , 30 years later , my Brother also gave the exact description as I did and we had never talked about it previously  .

Even the clothes, the direction and everything else . 

He had preciously  told his Wife about it , I described it on fakebook and his Wife said that our descriptions were identical  and there was no conferring between us 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's not that they would 'never admit to it', but the problem is rather those whom just suddenly jump to wild conclusions. IF there were credible, repeatable demonstrable evidence...not just a random personal story...then many would be more accepting. The time to start accepting and believing anything is when there is sufficient good reason and not a moment before. 

I don't doubt that any of you had an inexplicable experience. But just because someone can't explain something or understand it, by no measure means the "supernatural" or "ghost" or "god" jumped-to-conclusion is the answer. It's not even a valid start. 

Though always makes for a better story. ????

As far as ghost images are concerned it is unlikely that the scientific community will proceed with a serious investigation. The reason being that they can't capture one and examine it in the lab. They prefer to leave to amateur groups who although might be well equipped, are not taken seriously. There are cases where instruments do detect changing magnetic and electric fields as well as unexplained significant drops in room temperature. The latter is perhaps the most interesting because it takes a powerful energy source to bring down temperature significantly (air conditioning is a good example). This could involve Entropy which is important in macro and quantum physics and I would have thought a good place to start. But again scientists aren't that interested because such phenomena are unpredictable and searching for it is time consuming and not profitable. So I guess we'll have to wait for Einstein Ghost chaser to come and solve it for us, Ha!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:37 AM, CorpusChristie said:

Many people see things and cannot prove they saw things .

Did you see Concorde flying over when you were younger ?

"Yes".

Prove it 

Cannot prove it

OK, you didnt see it 

Not at all the same thing. Not even remotely close. The Concorde is not a "supernatural" object. We have photos and videos. There is all sorts of evidence of their prior existence. Manufacturers records...sales records...airport records. Actual news stories by reporters while flying in them. Video coverage of them taking off and landing...and crashing. Nothing unnatural about any of this and only the freakiest of freaks would deny their existence. 

Try again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not at all the same thing. Not even remotely close. The Concorde is not a "supernatural" object. We have photos and videos. There is all sorts of evidence of their prior existence. Manufacturers records...sales records...airport records. Actual news stories by reporters while flying in them. Video coverage of them taking off and landing...and crashing. Nothing unnatural about any of this and only the freakiest of freaks would deny their existence. 

Try again. 

I do think that my other replies in this thread will explain that post , my point being that..........I posted that in a previous post

As a kid my father always used to take me and my friends swimming down a local bypass in the UK. We were about 30 feet behind the car in front and a man suddenly appeared. My father swerved to avoid him he could not avoid him. There was no sudden crunch, and when we looked back there was nobody there.

41 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

A

Hey Skeptic, you seem to be going on a face pulling frenzy , I have 12 notifications that you are pulling faces at my posts within the last hour, give it a rest will you , my notification  box is getting full up and my computer keeps beeping  , just personally  pull faces without sending me notification, thanks 

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

You deliberately missed out the second part of the explanation .

There was no suggestion made by us at the time   , 30 years later , my Brother also gave the exact description as I did and we had never talked about it previously  .

Even the clothes, the direction and everything else . 

He had preciously  told his Wife about it , I described it on fakebook and his Wife said that our descriptions were identical  and there was no conferring between us 

No...I did not miss out on anything. And I see you managed to answer your very own question. Well done. :thumbsup:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1