Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

lee b

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You did , you deliberately didnt post the second paragraph , thus, I had to post it 

Nonsense. The part that was omitted does not help your case at all. It only goes on to explain what usually happens in such instances. It does absolutely nothing to further the validity of your experience and claim. It actually lessens it, so thank you expanding on it. 'Preciate it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nonsense. The part that was omitted does not help your case at all. It only goes on to explain what usually happens in such instances. It does absolutely nothing to further the validity of your experience and claim. It actually lessens it, so thank you expanding on it. 'Preciate it. :thumbsup:

I have no desire to convince you of anything , and I really dont care what you think or believe

This is a thread to discuss peoples paranormal experiences  , its not a thread for people to saty whether they believe it or not   .

You dont believe it, fair enough , but how about you getting out this thread and let others post their experiences without your confrontational disagreeable attitude ?

Read the thread OP and decide whether you have any contribution to make 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's not that they would 'never admit to it', but the problem is rather those whom just suddenly jump to wild conclusions. IF there were credible, repeatable demonstrable evidence...not just a random personal story...then many would be more accepting. The time to start accepting and believing anything is when there is sufficient good reason and not a moment before. 

I don't doubt that any of you had an inexplicable experience. But just because someone can't explain something or understand it, by no measure means the "supernatural" or "ghost" or "god" jumped-to-conclusion is the answer. It's not even a valid start. 

Though always makes for a better story. ????

nah you  just dont "believe"   or  your   "mind isn't  open" .......sarcasmometer off????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I have no desire to convince you of anything , and I really dont care what you think or believe

This is a thread to discuss peoples paranormal experiences  , its not a thread for people to saty whether they believe it or not   .

You dont believe it, fair enough , but how about you getting out this thread and let others post their experiences without your confrontational disagreeable attitude ?

Read the thread OP and decide whether you have any contribution to make 

glad to see youve been upgraded ( debatable)  to moderator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He just happens to wear the same clothes every day.

So you like to go through people's facebooks and tell stories about dead relatives.  It's an odd one.

Or did you look through the drawer at some point while you were looking after the place?

1 hour ago, scoutman360 said:

Maybe time to close this thread? It started as a meaningful discussion about people's experiences into a bunch of bickering between non-believers and believers without any respect towards each other. Just sayin'.

Pretty much like every other thread. "Spirited" ???? debate! 

Hello, lee B & other fellow members,

Yes, I have also got a few cases of paranormal experiences in my past.

Episode-1   Something out there?

It happened to me in the middle of the winter nearly 2 decades ago.

It was a blood-chilling incidence to me indeed.

One freezing cold night of the mid January in 2001, I was alone in the apartment room I have lived at that time.

That premise was the staff housing the company rented for their employees.

Normally housing 4 people.  But other 3 were either transferred out or left the job.

Not just this unit. But the whole building was then near empty.

Feeling quite uncomfortable with the eerie silence both outside and inside, I felt I wish I could take some booze on such an occasion(I am allergic to alcohol beverages).

It was 11:45pm when I checked the time on the alarm clock  beside my pillow.

I lay down in the bed to sleep.

I was about to fall asleep as usual. Yes, as usual...

All of sudden, strange noise beside my pillow stunned me awake.

Pretty loud. Sounded as if timber torn violently.

'What the...?'  

Split second later,  something grabbed  me. In the head. 

Clearly felt  two hands from both sides of my head!

Two hands grouped around my head and swiftly came down.

Down to my neck. Those things then started to strangle me. 

'Aaaugh...!  Couldn't open my eyes. My limbs felt numb and powerless. Couldn't scream...

Power of  hands I cannot see  was  just getting stronger and stronger. 

Every second felt like forever. Truly.

Felt I would get killed by something soon. By the thing I don't even comprehend.

I was about to lose my consciousness...

But then  unknown hidden resources within me stood up and started to say 'NO'.

Stay alive!I gotta live. Live. Live. Live. Live. Live. Live....

All the religious scriptures I knew suddenly burst out. Like a flood from within.

Felt the evil force round my neck somehow got weaker.   Their hold started to wane.

Then all gone.

I noticed I suddenly could  move freely.

Eyes open. Same white wall stood in front of me as if absolutely nothing happened.

Sweat soaked. The next moment, cold gush of the wind shot through from my toes to the top of my head.

Have never felt anything like that...

And I trembled. In what had happened to me a few moments ago.

Gotta  take a shower and change. I started to walk to the bathroom.

Same familiar mirror stood in front of me in the bathroom.

I then saw myself in the mirror and startled.  For life.

Clear marks of TWO HANDS around my neck.

Yes, on my very throat..

That's all for today, folks.

Take care, 

B.T.

Edited by black tabby
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I can now understand why some  Females want Female only groups and with Males banned from the group , I now understand their reasoning 

Very true as I have experienced in various cancer support groups.Whilst "banned" is probably a bit harsh the all female ones seem to work better and the male groups tend to be judgemental and rather dysfunctional.It seems to be the nature of the evolutionary beast..

Having said that I have had a few incidents happen to me that I could not reasonably explain..and have enjoyed reading about other people's experiences on this thread as a consequence.

One basic observation that I would make is that Thailand's spiritual culture is deeply animistic and shamanistic-on a level with ancient Greece,Rome and Persia (to name a few) and certainly on a par with present day Hindu/Buddhist India and I like it that way because it opens a window onto what we all once were and I find it far more interesting then extorting a few abstractions from the dull and prosaic denizens of suburban Australia...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

One basic observation that I would make is that Thailand's spiritual culture is deeply animistic and shamanistic

If one of the family or local neighbours dies when my wife and I are visiting her family in LOS then it's straight down to augurs between the family. I don't interfere and let them get on with it.  

• Like 1

I've had an experience or two of "astral projection", as did one of my sons.  But that could just be a dreaming state.  A girlfriend way back saw a "white lady". 

One 5 day meditation retreat in Chonburi around Bang Saen, the senior monk talked about him seeing snakes in a closed room.  I don't recall the explanation, as that was over 40 years ago.  But he was pretty matter-of-fact about it, as though it was residual energy or some such.  No biggie. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

If the universe can put us together physically - which is a monumental task

That it is. I've had my experiences in life and these fall within the realm of foresight.  Not sure what happened along the way that on occasion I can see something coming that the majority on this planet are oblivious to, I don't know.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scammed said:

what is an 'ethereal plane' anyways ?

It's been a long time, but I think it's referring to planes of existence and levels of awareness.  Start by learning to tie your shoe laces and work up from there. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

How can you possibly say you saw "god"? Which god? Whose god? DEFINE "god". You imagined something you claim to be "god" while in an altered subconscious state, but how do you go about demonstrating that your actually "saw God"? Your personal daydream isn't evidence of anything. 

Have another Chang. ????

I don't drink Chang, you must have missed that.

Correction for you: I didn't 'see God', in my minds eye I visualized I saw the Christian God. 

To your other point. "How can you say ...."   I can say what I like. 

In my 75 years it was just a strange experience which I thought fitted into the OPs post. ????

On 8/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, lee b said:

Have any of you ever seen or heard anything? Or are you just 100% none believers? Would be good to hear read some comments what ever they are.

I was staying in a house in a village in Thailand and a young person died and the corpse stayed in the house with us for three days , some strange unexplainable  things happened during those three days before the funeral

• Like 1

Yes, I had the same experience As my sister whithout knowing She had experienced the same years before me, and first got to know when I started talking about it decades later, and she filled in my story as I told it. It was a meating With an old lumberjack in old clothes in the old forrest of our farm where we used to walk the dogs, and he said the same to my sister as me and laughing "while he saying its is getting dark now, you better get home". I never thought about except I hurried home, but the whole seen was so blacked and grayed out, and the man was not a man from today or that time it happend. However my sister is 7 years older than me, and she had the same experience as at my age. 

Also with my privious fienace we hard the same two times, first I thought I was dreaming, but the morning after we heard the same things. Children playing, laughter, crying, gramaphone playing old music, and sawing sounds in the middle of night. 

Later when I renowated the house we never heard anything more. It was an old timber house from 1872. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yep. It's all there. Naysayer numpties will bleat on about brain action etc, but they are basically too dense/unwilling to pick anything not right in front of their nose up :whistling:. If the universe can put us together physically - which is a monumental task - doing so on the ethereal plane would be a doddle. Your guy is stuck.

BS. Though your baseless insults are kinda cute...the ignorance, gullibility and lack of critical thinking which abounds here is astounding. ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Or is that believe in god and or the devil? For me you couldn't get me into a church.

Feel free to be anything you like. I really don't care about it since I done believe in neither one.????????

Edited by The Theory

On 8/6/2020 at 1:25 PM, lee b said:

Its not the first time I have seen things. But in this experience, I have only know the girl for just over half a year. Never met her husband, never seen a picture of him as she has always been very secretive about him, and never been to the aparment before. Even when my freinds took over her aparment, all of her pictures were placed in drawers.

I'm quite jealous of you, I did everything I could to see ghosts, but haven't ever been successful ????

My theory is that ghosts must be afraid of me, as soon as I go somewhere, they feel I come or something and then all go away.

That's what I say to Thai friends who swear there are ghosts. I say I believe them, and then I tell them my theory...

2 minutes ago, partington said:

The hand marks, (forgive me for being honest), sound like a mental elaboration of the story which occurred to you early and have come to believe you actually experienced  (like a false memory of a scene in a TV show, which you are certain you remember but when you rewatch actually turn out to be nothing like your apparent memory of it.)

Maybe he woke up , imagined his neck was sore and rubbed his neck with his hands, which caused the red marks ? 

40 minutes ago, partington said:

This sounds like, and almost certainly is, the well known phenomenon of sleep paralysis:

I had a couple of those to, scary <deleted>, but I managed to figure out it was sleep paralysis before it happend to me, since my grandmother told we where haunted by a family ghost, and I looked it up what she told me. And when it happend to me first time (scary as hell) I managed to tell my brain it is just sleep paralysis. Also managed to fall asleep with my hands above my head while I thought they where along my body. Felt something came in to the room, tried to rise up, but my upper body was asleep, and when I finely managed to get up, my arms came suddenly from over top of my head falling down still asleep and numb. Scared the hell out of me. 

I used to have terrible nightmares and hallucinations.  It was like having a nightmare but waking up occasionally.  It always happened when I was sick or had a fever.

When I turned 13 I had the brains to work it out.  My mom always put vicks vaporub on my chest and nose.  It says on the jar do not put near the nose or use in small environment.  The fumes gave me a hallucinations and panic attacks.  They have not returned since I stopped using it.  Or maybe some demon ghost possessed me.  Not sure.