Dead Sea Salt available in Thailand?

I have been looking for dead sea salt from Israel if available in bulk 25kg bags, the Bokek label would be ideal.  Has anyone seen this available, already imported into Thailand and for sale?

Appreciate any assistance, I have googled it to no domestic avail.

bokek salt.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally managed to get a 9.5kg bag delivered yesterday.  It was from Israel originally but this was then imported into the US, and I ordered it through Ubuy, it was a bit over THB6k for the bag whic

I'm sure I'm  missing something  but... why ?   salt is salt is it not ?

Thanks for the suggestion. as stouricks mentioned above, not looking for sodium chloride, or conventional sea salt.  I have seen advertising online of some local spas offering Dead Sea Salt treatments

Posted Images

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

What is OPTICALLY CLEAN salt?

Does it mean you can't see the dirt in it.

And being from Israel, is it Kosher?    PML

It is really "koshering salt" (used for brining, cooking, not table) it has larger granules and no iodine.

Lazada has "Kosher salt".

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.1.44acb560Drz0m0&q=kosher salt&_keyori=ss&clickTrackInfo=textId--4373353008048531232__abId--154857__pvid--281f361c-5e71-4a3f-a9fb-44ccaf060563&from=suggest_normal&sugg=kosher salt_0_1

I doubt it comes from the Dead Sea. For that matter I would not place any bets on salt labelled "Dead SZea Salt" necessarily having come from the Dead Sea.

Whether this would suit OP's purposes, I have no idea

It's to be used for a bathing treatment for skin psoriasis. That's why I'm looking for bulk imported product and it is exported from Israel for this purpose.  It's not for cooking.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Lazada has "Kosher salt".

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.1.44acb560Drz0m0&q=kosher salt&_keyori=ss&clickTrackInfo=textId--4373353008048531232__abId--154857__pvid--281f361c-5e71-4a3f-a9fb-44ccaf060563&from=suggest_normal&sugg=kosher salt_0_1

I doubt it comes from the Dead Sea. For that matter I would not place any bets on salt labelled "Dead SZea Salt" necessarily having come from the Dead Sea.

Whether this would suit OP's purposes, I have no idea

It's to be used for a bathing treatment for skin psoriasis. That's why I'm looking for bulk imported product and it is exported from Israel for this purpose.  It's not for cooking.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, stouricks said:

What is OPTICALLY CLEAN salt?

Does it mean you can't see the dirt in it.

And being from Israel, is it Kosher?    PML

This Bokek brand is cleaned by remote optics and high pressure air to remove rocks, sand and anything else that can be seen by the optic viewer.  Not sure of the exact process and this is not really necessary for what I am looking for but beneficial. 

Edited by jmccarty
3 hours ago, johng said:

I'm sure I'm  missing something  but... why ?   salt is salt is it not ?

There are many types of salt.  This one is for treatment of skin problems in a bath solution.  It's has a lot more minerals and compounds than table salt.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

I hope it cures your problem, like it cures my bacon !   PML 555

As you are in the Pattaya area  maybe you could try some sea salt form the "Naklue" area  

A.K.A north Pattaya   where there are still salt flats and the salt is "farmed" and sold.

14 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

There are many types of salt.  This one is for treatment of skin problems in a bath solution.  It's has a lot more minerals and compounds than table salt.

So it is not really the sodium chloride, it all the other things in it.

27 minutes ago, johng said:

As you are in the Pattaya area  maybe you could try some sea salt form the "Naklue" area  

A.K.A north Pattaya   where there are still salt flats and the salt is "farmed" and sold.

It's missing a lot of compounds the Dead Sea Salt specifically has. Thanks though, I was not aware of those salt flats.  I will have a look one day at low tide to see something new.

Sea salt from the salt fields in Samut Songkhram is good enough for many. 20 Baht for a single kilo bag at the road side stands and not much more in stores around Bangkok (and probably nationwide). Hard work harvesting it yourself though (damn heavy). 

I'm told that this is what is used on the salted barbequed fish. I use it at home as condiment and in cooking. Very clear and clean but obviously not Kosher. Is there a Buddhist equivalent to Kosher?

20200806_193635.jpg

20190313_163819.jpg

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Sea salt from the salt fields in Samut Songkhram is good enough for many. 20 Baht for a single kilo bag at the road side stands and not much more in stores around Bangkok (and probably nationwide). Hard work harvesting it yourself though (damn heavy). 

I'm told that this is what is used on the salted barbequed fish. I use it at home as condiment and in cooking. Very clear and clean but obviously not Kosher. Is there a Buddhist equivalent to Kosher?

20200806_193635.jpg

20190313_163819.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. as stouricks mentioned above, not looking for sodium chloride, or conventional sea salt.  I have seen advertising online of some local spas offering Dead Sea Salt treatments.  They could be importing it themselves, or perhaps not really using Dead Sea Salt, perhaps using Epsom Salt or the Samut Songkhram salt.

From a website, one of many:

The composition is also different. In regular ocean water, 85 percent of the salt is sodium chloride (table salt); however, Dead Sea salt is only 12–18 percent sodium chloride. This means that Dead Sea salt contains a richer mixture of other nutrients, primarily magnesium salts. In Dead Sea salts you will find 21 minerals which include magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium and others.

Edited by jmccarty
  • Like 2