Dead Sea Salt available in Thailand?

jmccarty

Still looking for a source already in Thailand.  Meanwhile, I ordered a 9.5kg bag from a UBUY source.  Not sure if I will receive it, DHL is having a problem with customs as of end of the day last Friday.  I'll find out tomorrow if it can be imported this way.

Have you tried Amazon?

I don't know if they ship to Thailand, but they have some less expensive bulk offerings in the 20-50 pound range.

https://www.amazon.com/Bokek-Dead-Sea-Salt-Coarse/dp/B005HIOGGY

Also, I'd be curious how the raw, uncleaned salts would work in a bath...

https://www.amazon.com/cleaned-Contains-minerals-Including-resealable/dp/B07LGGPY68

Edited by impulse

12 hours ago, impulse said:

Have you tried Amazon?

I don't know if they ship to Thailand, but they have some less expensive bulk offerings in the 20-50 pound range.

https://www.amazon.com/Bokek-Dead-Sea-Salt-Coarse/dp/B005HIOGGY

Also, I'd be curious how the raw, uncleaned salts would work in a bath...

https://www.amazon.com/cleaned-Contains-minerals-Including-resealable/dp/B07LGGPY68

I get this message for many Amazon items since C19:

This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.

The Armomasong is raw uncleaned salt. So it has a little sand and some small chunks that appear at first to be stones, but they are salt and dissolve in the bath after a few minutes.  The sand content is enough to see the water change to look a bit silty.  But it drains easily and doubt it will clog the pipe. 

16 hours ago, Amusements said:

How ironic! I just bought a 5KG bag of rock salt today from Makro for 37Baht!

20200821_180742.thumb.jpg.662f0daee51b7fe7fe1c7c59a97b049b.jpg

Very different mineral from the dead sea salt compounds, which should perhaps be called something else but thanks for the news.

Edited by jmccarty

12 hours ago, RichCor said:

Here's a google search that shows many "already in Thailand" potential resources:

ordersite:thaivisa.com thailand import dead-sea-salt

Thanks, this link you have provided refers to ubuy and desertcart which are shipping from the US and Kuwait.  I have listed these in this thread already.  The others are one from Singapore and other spas in Thailand and from bulk supplier in Israel which is looking for a minimum of 1 ton order.

Maybe Epsom salts as an alternative or mix with more expensive dead sea salts? I used table salt for sometime in baths and only realised it was a bad idea after some complications (also have psoriasis). Bit of a sidebar , but do you use any other (steroid)  medication? I used betnovate N (in Thailand) , but have access to better (Enstilar)  in UK.

21 hours ago, ace said:

Maybe Epsom salts as an alternative or mix with more expensive dead sea salts? I used table salt for sometime in baths and only realised it was a bad idea after some complications (also have psoriasis). Bit of a sidebar , but do you use any other (steroid)  medication? I used betnovate N (in Thailand) , but have access to better (Enstilar)  in UK.

I have not tried Epsom salts yet but was thinking of trying it if I can't obtain the Dead Sea Salt.  I have used steroid tablets and creams in the past.  The steroids clear it up but then it comes back worse.  I would prefer to use the Dead Sea Salt if at all possible.  If desertcart delivery comes in with no customs hassle, that my be the lowest price option but it has not arrived yet.

Would something like this from Tesco Lotus work at 45 baht per package?  Understand it is designed for application rather than bathing but appears to be for same use.

Yoko Sakura Spa Salt 300g

Click here to open zoom in to image

A unique formula in Sakura Spa Salt, this specially contains AHA, Vitamin B3, Collagen and Vitamin E. With these powerful natural ingredients, this salt scrub helps exfoliate your skin
by removing impurities and dead skin cells while it moisturizes leaving skin soft, smooth, clean and healthy white. As the aromatherapy scent from Sakura,
it has soothing and calming properties, which help relieve tension. During the scrub, you can feel the pleasure of Japanese scent.
- AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) Work mainly as an exfoliant. Not only they prevent clogged pores, but they also enhance cell renewal, increase collagen production to reduce
the signs of aging and improve skin texture.
- Vitamin B3 Helps exfoliate surface skin cells to reveal newer and younger looking skin and address skin discolorations.
- Collagen Improves skin texture, provides firmness ti the skin and smoothes wrinkles.
- Vitamin E Is excellent antioxidants, to protect cells against free radical damage, also can slow the aging process.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Would something like this from Tesco Lotus work at 45 baht per package?  Understand it is designed for application rather than bathing but appears to be for same use.

Click here to open zoom in to image

A unique formula in Sakura Spa Salt, this specially contains AHA, Vitamin B3, Collagen and Vitamin E. With these powerful natural ingredients, this salt scrub helps exfoliate your skin
by removing impurities and dead skin cells while it moisturizes leaving skin soft, smooth, clean and healthy white. As the aromatherapy scent from Sakura,
it has soothing and calming properties, which help relieve tension. During the scrub, you can feel the pleasure of Japanese scent.
- AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) Work mainly as an exfoliant. Not only they prevent clogged pores, but they also enhance cell renewal, increase collagen production to reduce
the signs of aging and improve skin texture.
- Vitamin B3 Helps exfoliate surface skin cells to reveal newer and younger looking skin and address skin discolorations.
- Collagen Improves skin texture, provides firmness ti the skin and smoothes wrinkles.
- Vitamin E Is excellent antioxidants, to protect cells against free radical damage, also can slow the aging process.

Thanks, I'm looking for a specific compound that is as follows:

image.png.e028f41c288836c9251d29a76001feb5.png

This is Dead Sea Salt which as you can see is not really a salt, but has a low sodium chloride (salt) content and other minerals combined.

9 hours ago, jmccarty said:

Thanks, I'm looking for a specific compound that is as follows:

image.png.e028f41c288836c9251d29a76001feb5.png

This is Dead Sea Salt which as you can see is not really a salt, but has a low sodium chloride (salt) content and other minerals combined.

It's a salt...  Or rather, the components are salts.  NaCl, table salt, is just one type of salt.

https://www.britannica.com/science/salt-acid-base-reactions

Salt, in chemistry, substance produced by the reaction of an acid with a base. A salt consists of the positive ion (cation) of a base and the negative ion (anion) of an acid. ... The term salt is also used to refer specifically to common table salt, or sodium chloride.

11 hours ago, impulse said:

It's a salt...  Or rather, the components are salts.  NaCl, table salt, is just one type of salt.

https://www.britannica.com/science/salt-acid-base-reactions

Salt, in chemistry, substance produced by the reaction of an acid with a base. A salt consists of the positive ion (cation) of a base and the negative ion (anion) of an acid. ... The term salt is also used to refer specifically to common table salt, or sodium chloride.

Thanks for this.  Some were suggesting other salts as well.   I posted the table to demonstrate what compounds are in Dead Sea Salts to clarify that I am not looking for table salt or other bath salts.

I bought this 5 kilo bag from the UK last week.  Not expensive, but I am in Europe at the moment so shipping was cheap.  It is great to use in baths and in the shower. My skin feels better. 

1935103798_2020-08-2816_25_57.thumb.jpg.e3b9dd521b8818e770a2366a8581af92.jpg

Edited by balo

On 9/6/2020 at 5:32 AM, balo said:

I bought this 5 kilo bag from the UK last week.  Not expensive, but I am in Europe at the moment so shipping was cheap.  It is great to use in baths and in the shower. My skin feels better. 

1935103798_2020-08-2816_25_57.thumb.jpg.e3b9dd521b8818e770a2366a8581af92.jpg

That's a good product for certain.  The shipping is the largest cost, not sure how desertcart is able to deliver to me in Thailand for the price.  Perhaps this substance is extremely cheap closer to the source?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2020 at 2:15 PM, faraday said:

I seem to remember that Cusanus - a member on here who I haven't seen for a while, is a Chemist, or something intelligent. Perhaps...

Thanks for the mention, but I'm not an expert on eczema. The yoko salt looks like it might be good. I haven't used NaCl salt for many years because Na (sodium) is never deficient in modern diets but K (potassium) almost always is. Even better is a well thought out natural sea salt that has a mixture of micronutrients that are probably often lacking and overlooked, but I've never gotten around to hunting down a good source. My super good but over busy Thai wife would likely toss it or accidentally mix it with something else, anyway. I buy the KCl at Union Science along with high quality bentonite which can clear nasty toxins out of the intestines. I've had tons of skin problems in Thailand, though, and find that the green hop headed barleria in small jars provides the best relief from itching. Barleria is super good, recommended. Calamine does the job for some things, too, especially the small bumps that tend to crop up on fingers or other areas.  

Edited by cusanus
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, cusanus said:

Thanks for the mention, but I'm not an expert on eczema. The yoko salt looks like it might be good. I haven't used NaCl salt for many years because Na (sodium) is never deficient in modern diets but K (potassium) almost always is. Even better is a well thought out natural sea salt that has a mixture of micronutrients that are probably often lacking and overlooked, but I've never gotten around to hunting down a good source. My super good but over busy Thai wife would likely toss it or accidentally mix it with something else, anyway. I buy the KCl at Union Science along with high quality bentonite which can clear nasty toxins out of the intestines. I've had tons of skin problems in Thailand, though, and find that the green hop headed barleria in small jars provides the best relief from itching. Barleria is super good, recommended. Calamine does the job for some things, too, especially the small bumps that tend to crop up on fingers or other areas.  

This looks like Tiger Balm.  Skin psoriasis and eczema look like a person is rotting away.  My son said it looked like a lot of blisters all over my legs.  I bathed daily in 2 cups of dead sea salt with warm bath water  for 6 weeks and it stopped it 95% for a long time compared to steroid medication which works for a week.  It is now coming back after 6 weeks of not bathing in it so I will get back in the bathtub with it tomorrow.   If you have knowledge of skin interaction with natural treatments, much appreciated. 

Edited by jmccarty

I used minera brand in the past.  Went through at least a dozen of the 19lb bags.  It helped a little but not nearly as much as a daily swig of Bragg apple cider vinegar mixed with fresh pressed ginger, manuka honey, colloidal silver and elderberry extract.

if you look at the salinity level in the Dead Sea (1.24kg/liter) you’ll realize that trying to recreate the therapeutic effects (many P sufferers travel there) in a bathtub is futile, or very expensive.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:41 AM, Airalee said:

I used minera brand in the past.  Went through at least a dozen of the 19lb bags.  It helped a little but not nearly as much as a daily swig of Bragg apple cider vinegar mixed with fresh pressed ginger, manuka honey, colloidal silver and elderberry extract.

if you look at the salinity level in the Dead Sea (1.24kg/liter) you’ll realize that trying to recreate the therapeutic effects (many P sufferers travel there) in a bathtub is futile, or very expensive.

It works differently from person to person.  2 cups in a tub of warm bath water over a 30 day period for 30 mins each dip reduced my symptoms by over 90%.  I also take vitamin D and a probiotic supplement daily which I see a lot of P victims and their non-steroid promoting doctors suggest. 

Who is the maker of your colloidal silver and what dose of it is included in your cider tea?

Edited by jmccarty
added detail

2 hours ago, jmccarty said:

It works differently from person to person.  2 cups in a tub of warm bath water over a 30 day period for 30 mins each dip reduced my symptoms by over 90%.  I also take vitamin D and a probiotic supplement daily which I see a lot of P victims and their non-steroid promoting doctors suggest. 

Who is the maker of your colloidal silver and what dose of it is included in your cider tea?

Here’s a picture of what went into my concoction or “Elixir” as I called it.   I just put it all in a glass and took it as a shot.  No tea made.  

I haven’t been using it for quite some time (used it from 2016-2018) as I have found that a low carb diet (with very minimal cheating) works best for me.  Unfortunately, over the last 6 months I have fallen off the keto wagon and am paying the price.  Thankfully, my P is very mild and the actions I take are more preventative measures in order to avoid it getting worse as I get older.  I do however think it was a great supplement (along with multivitamins) as for 2 years, I never had so much as a cold (but don’t get sick often anyways). It was about equal parts of each ingredient (couple tablespoons each) except the liquid chlorophyll which was just a couple droppers full.  I was originally taking it to boost my immune system for a sinus infection that just wouldn’t go away (it worked) but the side benefit was that my P improved.

Most of my P is in my fingernails (and a little in the skin). At one point, my nails were nearly falling off.  The photo with the affected nails (June 2016) was a few months after I started the supplementing and keto diet (and already showing some improvement) and the second photo (from September 2019) was after being diligent about the diet (but no longer taking my “elixir”)

I would say that diet has been the most effective for me of all the “natural” remedies that I have tried.  I had a couple steroid shots into my cuticles at one point (Late 2016 I think) but it didn’t really work all that well.  With the diet, I didn’t need any medication but it took a long time for it to really work.

D196EEE2-7CC7-4BB9-8B82-0075DD52F7C4.jpeg

BDA76576-AFCA-4167-A16A-C17004F0697A.jpeg

ECB380C5-BB3D-4491-AC93-CECC4A2AE6B7.jpeg

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Airalee said:

Here’s a picture of what went into my concoction or “Elixir” as I called it.   I just put it all in a glass and took it as a shot.  No tea made.  

I haven’t been using it for quite some time (used it from 2016-2018) as I have found that a low carb diet (with very minimal cheating) works best for me.  Unfortunately, over the last 6 months I have fallen off the keto wagon and am paying the price.  Thankfully, my P is very mild and the actions I take are more preventative measures in order to avoid it getting worse as I get older.  I do however think it was a great supplement (along with multivitamins) as for 2 years, I never had so much as a cold (but don’t get sick often anyways). It was about equal parts of each ingredient (couple tablespoons each) except the liquid chlorophyll which was just a couple droppers full.  I was originally taking it to boost my immune system for a sinus infection that just wouldn’t go away (it worked) but the side benefit was that my P improved.

Most of my P is in my fingernails (and a little in the skin). At one point, my nails were nearly falling off.  The photo with the affected nails (June 2016) was a few months after I started the supplementing and keto diet (and already showing some improvement) and the second photo (from September 2019) was after being diligent about the diet (but no longer taking my “elixir”)

I would say that diet has been the most effective for me of all the “natural” remedies that I have tried.  I had a couple steroid shots into my cuticles at one point (Late 2016 I think) but it didn’t really work all that well.  With the diet, I didn’t need any medication but it took a long time for it to really work.

D196EEE2-7CC7-4BB9-8B82-0075DD52F7C4.jpeg

BDA76576-AFCA-4167-A16A-C17004F0697A.jpeg

ECB380C5-BB3D-4491-AC93-CECC4A2AE6B7.jpeg

I have about 80% less of the nails falling off as compared to you.  My skin is the problem I am trying to treat, it gets very bad on my legs. The dead sea salt baths do not help with the nails at all. Only skin condition improves a lot. 

Keto is hard for me to work with, I feel lethargic with no carbs but have only tried this to a small effort.  

That you also have been treating chronic sinus problems is the same as me.  I found a good garlic supplement about 10 years ago that was effective and should try that again but just suffer it after stopping the supplement.  There could be some connection. 

19 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

Keto is hard for me to work with, I feel lethargic with no carbs but have only tried this to a small effort.  

It’s definitely hard for the first couple months.  The “keto flu” is no fun either.  After about 6-8 weeks, the energy come back.  There was a guy on Facebook with thousands of followers who professed that diet was the way to treat P.  However, he seemed to fluctuate back and forth and never seemed to be cleared up completely.  Of course he preached the “no refined sugars” but where I saw the problem (and many others in the group) was that he was juicing fresh fruits (hello sugar).  

The only group members who actually cleared 100% were those who stuck faithfully to a super low carb diet including no fruits, not root vegetables, corn, tomatoes etc.  Also, no nightshade plants.  Of course, it was only comments and their own personal anecdotes that I had to go by but I thought to myself...what do I have to lose?  

Admittedly, it’s a boring diet (Almost an AIP diet) when I took it to the extent necessary to clear up completely, and it is said that nail P is the hardest to get rid of...but it worked. 

It was always funny when people would ask me what I can’t eat.  I would always say that it’s easier for me to tell them what I can eat.

Can Himalayan Pink or Black salt help ?
I have been vegan for many years and started to use Himalayan salt instead of sea salt some years ago.
I try to cook all my food, simple dishes and no chili.
My skin has always been good, but my nails a bit bendy, now my nails are fine and need cutting every 2 weeks.
Good luck to all of you trying to find a suitable treatment.

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

Can Himalayan Pink or Black salt help ?
I have been vegan for many years and started to use Himalayan salt instead of sea salt some years ago.
I try to cook all my food, simple dishes and no chili.
My skin has always been good, but my nails a bit bendy, now my nails are fine and need cutting every 2 weeks.
Good luck to all of you trying to find a suitable treatment.

No, those are very high sodium chloride (~98%) and not suitable for treating psoriasis skin.  Will make it worse.  

• Thanks 1