Sabai Lodge being demolished

champers

agoda shows it now called capitol sabai lodge and has all kinds of dates avail to book online...concern is that it will be a big construction site but no mention of that on site...

i am booked for nov with free cxl so would be interested in any construction activity going on if champers or someone can give an updaate...txs

On 6/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, champers said:

Pics taken 5pm today. The part that has been demolished is being landscaped. New turves being laid while I was there, some plants as well.

20210628_170428-1.jpg

20210628_170400-1-1.jpg

20210628_170259.jpg

20210628_170231.jpg

thank you...so looks like maybe major construction on demolished area may be on hold with planting trees etc....i wonder if the name change to capitol sabai lodge means new ownership?

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

thank you...so looks like maybe major construction on demolished area may be on hold with planting trees etc....i wonder if the name change to capitol sabai lodge means new ownership?

I would say construction on the demolished section is highly unlikely. Trees have been planted and a small shrine built along with all the new turf and smaller plants installed.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I am staying at the Sabia Lodge as I am typing this. Sabia Lodge will close on September 1 2023.

All the staff are transferring to Sabia Sabana which is only about 50 yards away. One of the staff said new owners are taking over while another said it was being handed back to the owners. The staff have no idea what is going to happen to the lodge. I tried to book dates from Sept 1st. All dates come back as unavailable.

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

I was there staying at Dolphin Pool in July. We were told that it is the owner's children who have taken over the Sabai Lodge section and that plan to demolish and put up high rise. The staff seem confused and management still don't seem to really know if it's happening or not. 

They have now officially wrecked the place. They used to have rooms around the top pool (Ruenthai Pool or whatever it's called) and demolished them for some reason. Now with the Dolphin pool going I definitely won't be back. 

I have some great memories of Sabai Lodge back in my party days. I hate high rise, so absolutely loved the Dolphin Pool and old RuenThai pool, both with rooms around the pool where you opened your door to your own veranda and a few more steps into the pool. Plus, the location was great - 2 minutes to Big C, 2 minutes to the beach, Baht taxis going right by, and some good massage places in the soi. 

I swear some of these owners have more money than brains. They first demolished all the rooms around the Ruenthai Pool, then a couple of years later they rebuilt half of them, then a few years later demolished them again and the pool just sits there with nothing around it. As for putting up high rise, they seem to think it will magically attract more customers. 

Anyone know of any hotels around Pattaya that have something similar to the Dolphin Pool setup?

Cheers

Mick

• Thanks 1

Before moving here permanently, I used to regularly stay at Sunshine Garden Resort on Naklua Road where the Dolphin roundabout is.

Plenty of pics, reviews and other info is easy to find via your favourite search engine.